• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani comments on future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck Aquilani and Juve!

Bring him back and leave him on the bench if there's no takers. If he sulks then so be it, he earns a hefty wedge.

Daily mail are reporting that we had agreed a £8 Million fee with Juventus for Aquilani, but their new manager Antonio Conte rejected the deal.

Why can't we just take him back, have I missed something?
The guys still has a three year contract with us.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=44755.msg1340530#msg1340530 date=1306793647]
8 mill sounds ridiculous.
[/quote]

It is the Mail. No doubt the multi -talented 'Sports Reporter'.

[quote author=Modo link=topic=44755.msg1340527#msg1340527 date=1306793235]
Daily mail are reporting that we had agreed a £8 Million fee with Juventus for Aquilani, but their new manager Antonio Conte rejected the deal.

[/quote]

You do seem to have missed the numerous public statements the player himself has made saying how keen he is to stay in Italy. We *can* take him back, but what's the point if the guy flat out doesn't want to be here?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44755.msg1340588#msg1340588 date=1306827907]

[/quote]

You do seem to have missed the numerous public statements the player himself has made saying how keen he is to stay in Italy. We *can* take him back, but what's the point if the guy flat out doesn't want to be here?
[/quote]

When a kid said he won't do something you still have to try and bring him round. If Kenny can't make an Italy international play then the man's a pussy.

£8 million? Fuck that! They did a deal before they got him ( and before they landed us with Poulsen). Bring him back if they wont pay.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44755.msg1340588#msg1340588 date=1306827907]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with this, we can't force him to come back if he doesnt want to.

But we can make it clear that we are NOT going to take a 9 MILLION loss on a player who has improved since he went on loan and that we are perfectly willing to forgo the 8 million now and watch him rot on the bench serving his 3 years contract one year before the Euros and 3 years before the WC.

[quote author=Avvy link=topic=44755.msg1340618#msg1340618 date=1306829630]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with this, we can't force him to come back if he doesnt want to.

But we can make it clear that we are NOT going to take a 9 MILLION loss on a player who has improved since he went on loan and that we are perfectly willing to forgo the 8 million now and watch him rot on the bench serving his 3 years contract one year before the Euros and 3 years before the WC.
[/quote]
Thats what I meant. I know about his statements.

He needs to play if he wants to be in the Italian squad for 2012. We won't accept that kind of loss so if he comes back he'll be needing to play and sulking wont do him any good

Agree in principle. In practice I can't see that doing him or us that much good, because underlying it all would be his ongoing wish to go home. If we do wind up taking him back, I'd want us to be actively looking to sell him on to another Italian club, for an acceptable fee of course.

As would I..

I think we're pretty well stocked for midfielders as it is anyway.

Jules : there is a great dealof good to be gained from doing that.

The only reaon the Old Cunt is doing this is because it (and the rest of the universe) thinks we're a bunch of twits who over-pay on shit players and undervalue the few good ones we have...we have to keep hammering the message home that we are NOT twits anymore.

Would thecuntuptheroad take this?

Not a chance, he'd rather bring him back and stick him with the Ladies team for 3 years.

Long article:

Nothing comes easily for Aquilani (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/soccer/05/30/digby.aquilani/)

Injury (and in particular his protracted recovery from a serious ankle injury) has clearly hampered his development, but Aquilani struggled to cope with the expectation and the stress of trying to fit into a new team and a new culture. His role and nature would never see him dominate games in the instantly recognizable manner of a Steven Gerrard, and spending such a large portion of the transfer budget on him was bound to bring criticism.

Yet he was far from a flop once he was fully fit for then Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez. He managed to put together a run of games toward the end of the season, during which he looked increasingly comfortable, despite all the knocks against him as being too lightweight. A closer look at the statistics shows that the widespread belief he struggled to suit the league's sheer physicality to be misjudged at best.

While it's true that Aquilani did often seem to want more time on the ball than the Premier League allows, in total he started 13 games (including 1 in the Europa League), of which Liverpool won nine, drew one and lost just three. Opta showed his assist rate in the Premier League (one every 136 minutes played) to be the best of any player among Europe's top five leagues (he finished second on the team with six assists). Add in his two goals from 11 shots on target (including a further 2 shots off the woodwork) and we begin to see the faults in the common consensus.

It took time for Aquilani to adjust and make his debut, his first start only coming in Juventus' week five win over Cagliari and he looked rusty at first.

Once settled, Aquilani slotted in well alongside another player undergoing a renaissance -- Brazilian Felipe Melo -- with coach Gigi Delneri making the duo his first choice pairing in central midfield. Aquilani quickly become an essential ingredient in the impressive early season form of Juve, who seemed to overcome an inconsistent start to the season, and it was no small coincidence that the team went unbeaten until the winter break once Aquilani forced his way into the starting lineup.

That run included games against Inter, Manchester City, Roma, Milan and Lazio.
During this run, Aquilani's individual performances were superb during that stretch and the way he influenced those around him made his inclusion so critical. He is not a pure regista, playing higher up the field, but certainly takes responsibility for organizing and dictating much of the team's play.

A simple look at his passing in this run of games tells the story of this impact; he completed 1238 of 1334 passes, a staggering 92.8 percent. The range of those passes was similarly excellent, often releasing wide players with deep cross-field balls and proving adept at finding teammates -- primarily winger Milos Krasic -- and prompting them into some wonderful attacking positions.

"I am now more of a central midfielder," said Aquilani. "Before I was further forward in the offensive phase, but I have to have more balance and be careful also in defense. Delneri has changed me, I can now defend."

This was really a refocusing of one of his greatest attributes -- the ability to read a game -- and turning it to his advantage, intercepting numerous passes by Juve's opponents and then quickly launching swift counter attacks. That is not to say he does not tackle either, quickly applying himself to become -- as he said himself -- a complete midfielder more than ever and gaining a recall to the Italy squad under Cesare Prandelli.

Despite a very good debut season in the famous black and white stripes, Aquilani's career is arguably once more at a crossroads, although the player himself is undaunted by the arrival of his national team colleague;

"It would be fantastic to have Pirlo here," said Aquilani to reporters. "He's a top player, and a true great at international level. My desire is to stay in Turin for a long time, to win a lot and playing alongside him would help me to grow even more."

Juventus was reluctant to pay Aquilani's €16 million fee even before Pirlo's arrival, and now the club's bargaining position is seemingly even stronger.
For his part, Aquilani has made it clear he wants to remain at the club, telling journalists "I like the team, I like Turin. I have found a house. I am happy". Now a deal must be struck with Liverpool who themselves are heading into a summer of rebuilding.

Juventus' reluctance to pay the price of Aquilani's option is no reflection on a player who has obviously been a major part of the team this season. It is more an example of how modern transfers are conducted, a constant arm-wrestle where no side wants to be seen to yield and therefore lose face. Juventus now believes itself to be in the box seat regarding this move, with the player allowing his agent to ensure all parties know his preference is to make the move permanent.

The English club's new owners (Fenway Sports Group) has shown itself to be taking a long-term view in most decisions, meaning a renewal of the loan is not beyond the realms of possibility. The agreed fee reflects the value of the player on the Anfield clubs books this summer, while another year would see a further €4 million ($5.7M) written off in amortization. This would see his actual value reduced to a more palatable €12 million ($17.1M), a figure that could conceivably be written into a new loan agreement as a forced purchase, much like the deal taking Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Milan from Barcelona.

Perhaps that solution would allow the two heavyweight clubs to both feel they have "won" the deal, a point not to be underestimated in today's climate. Alberto Aquilani has proved his worth and found a home, now he just needs to find a way to stay there.

If we can't convince him that staying is in his best interest how are we going to convince the likes of Mata and Gervinho that coming is in their best interest.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=44755.msg1340641#msg1340641 date=1306830912]
He needs to play if he wants to be in the Italian squad for 2012. We won't accept that kind of loss so if he comes back he'll be needing to play and sulking wont do him any good
[/quote]

Ah the Alonso World Cup 2019 theory. I was a big fan of the say no to real and he WILL play as it's world cup year.

I fucking love that Opta stat - he has the best assist rate in Europe over the latter part of the season. He got 5... and three of them were against Burnley in about 10 mins. One he fell over and the ball ended up with SG and the other came off his arse. Stats are so fucking pointless when they get chucked about like that.

Having said that, he looks great on the ball and he's just had an injury free season under his belt. Although they both closed the season out well, we can't hope to win anything if our best 11 includes Lucas and Spearing. In the absence of a massive signing, Aquilani should be in our squad.

Whenever i see his name i have flashbacks to the game when mighty Reading twatted us at Anfield in the cup and both he and Lucas were completely steamrollered by shit players time and time again. Ughh.

[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=44755.msg1341350#msg1341350 date=1306927201]
Whenever i see his name i have flashbacks to the game when mighty Reading twatted us at Anfield in the cup and both he and Lucas were completely steamrollered by shit players time and time again. Ughh.
[/quote]You must be a really negative person then.
I think of his goals and assists.

There is confusion over the future of Alberto Aquilani after his agent opened the door for a Milan move.

Juventus netted the midfielder from Liverpool last summer in a loan deal with the option to buy him outright for €16m.

However, that option expired on May 15 and it is unclear whether Juve will keep the Italian international or not.

All season Juventus have always given me the necessary guarantees that they want to keep Alberto,” agent Franco Zavaglia told Tutto Juve.

The next 24 hours will be decisive. Any eventual economic agreements will follow after Juventus make their decision.”

Aquilani has this morning been paired with a possible move to Milan and Zavaglia refused to rule out that possibility.

“Who wouldn’t like to play for Milan? Milan are a model club,” the representative continued.

If Juventus can’t do a deal for Alberto and he has to return to Liverpool, then Milan would certainly be a destination that he would accept.”

This is a real borefest. Hopefully it's wrapped up soon and we can spend the cash.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=44755.msg1341386#msg1341386 date=1306930617]
[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=44755.msg1341350#msg1341350 date=1306927201]
[/quote]You must be a really negative person then.
I think of his goals and assists.

[/quote]

Me too

Juventus have so far offered Liverpool just £6m to sign Alberto Aquilani outright, a report in the Liverpool Echo claims.

Aquilani joined Juventus on loan last summer from Anfield, with the option for the Turin giants to buy him outright for £14m.

However, that option expired on May 15 and Liverpool subsequently rejected Juve’s unattractive cut-price offer for him.

The Premiership side signed the Roman from Roma in the summer of 2009 for a massive £17.9m.

They have until the end of June to pay Roma the final £4.4m instalment for the Azzurri international.

Aquilani’s agent continues to insist that Juventus and Liverpool will eventually reach an agreement over his client.

Re: Re: Aquilani comments on future

The longer this pans out the better. Other teams might be more willing to get involved

[quote author=Binny link=topic=44755.msg1342051#msg1342051 date=1307017298]
Juventus have so far offered Liverpool just £6m to sign Alberto Aquilani outright, a report in the Liverpool Echo claims.

Aquilani joined Juventus on loan last summer from Anfield, with the option for the Turin giants to buy him outright for £14m.

However, that option expired on May 15 and Liverpool subsequently rejected Juve’s unattractive cut-price offer for him.

The Premiership side signed the Roman from Roma in the summer of 2009 for a massive £17.9m.

They have until the end of June to pay Roma the final £4.4m instalment for the Azzurri international.

Aquilani’s agent continues to insist that Juventus and Liverpool will eventually reach an agreement over his client.
[/quote]

If we were smart, we'd have higher offers lined up, in the media at least. This is a case where you would be better off doing your business publicly. his price should be going up after his above average season, not down. Let's not send a message we're willing to get shafted, as clubs will hold us over a barrel this summer having seen what we paid for Andy c.

£6m? Juventus really are taking the piss now.

We still owe £4m.

I really would bring him back and see what a fit Aquilani with a full pre-season under his belt, could do under Kenny,

I would tell juve to fuck right off and say we no longer want deal with the cunts. They agreed to pay 13 million when they signed him on loan. They chose not to exercise that option despite him having a good season with them. They then come back with a 6 million offer do one. I'd rather keep him and see how he gets on under dalglish.

From Twitter

Damien_Comolli
I've already said Juve won't buy Aquilani. They believe his eyes are too close together and that his his toes are too long. Deal off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom