• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani comments on future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, loaning him out when our squad was already so weak and poor was always going to prove a ridiculous decision.

He was arguably our best player towards the very end of last season.

Yep, his loan to Juve in the summer was a joke. We should have demanded Diego in return not paid 4 million for Old Man Poulsen but whats done is done.

I have no problems with Aqualani coming back to us. I think he is a wonderful footballer, however I do have my concerns with him. Does he have the bottle to perform every week in this league etc?

Meireles would like to play in a similar position and is more flexible as he can do a job out wide if needed.

If Juve stump up the cash i'd wish him well in Italy, but football is a squad game and Aqualani could only improve ours.

[quote author=localny link=topic=44755.msg1308493#msg1308493 date=1301592364]
[quote author=RolandG link=topic=44755.msg1308483#msg1308483 date=1301591242]
Aquilani has the talent and will be ace in Kenny's pass and move team.

If we don't sell him, give the lad a go.
[/quote]

this. We could do worse.
[/quote]

I concur

I'd be happy for him to come back.

Does anyone know how much he's *actually* cost us? Cos it's not the full £20million, right?

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=44755.msg1319490#msg1319490 date=1303391132]
I'd be happy for him to come back.

Does anyone know how much he's *actually* cost us? Cos it's not the full £20million, right?
[/quote]

This has been posted numerous times I think. We have to pay a guranteed 18mil I think.

Yeah, 18.

It goes up to over 20 million with all the add-ons but I don't think they'll kick in.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44755.msg1319362#msg1319362 date=1303373976]
Interesting.

Maybe just trying to make sure they cough up, or maybe not...
[/quote]

I reckon that's what it is. Juventus are now sounding upbeat about making a deal, by comparison with the games they were playing earlier on, so I suspect this is a response to that.

Like most in this thread, I'd fetch the guy back if Juve won't pay the price we're willing to settle for. Unlike most in this thread, I'm not relaxed about seeing that happen. Aquilani has said too emphatically and too often that he wants to stay in Italy for me to want him back, talent or no talent.

[quote author=Avvy link=topic=44755.msg1319499#msg1319499 date=1303391983]
Yeah, 18.

It goes up to over 20 million with all the add-ons but I don't think they'll kick in.
[/quote]

it's 17.

£17.1M

plus
- £255,000 for each time LFC reach the Champions League from 2010/11 - 2014/15.
- £212,000 after Aquilani plays 35, 70, 105 and 140 games.
- £850,000 if LFC win the Premier or Champions League before 2014.

Yeah,more or less..

* €5m upfront
* €3m by 4th January 2010
* €7m by June 30th 2010
* €5m by June 30th 2011.

Base transfer fee = €20m

Further Add ons include:

* €300k for every year Liverpool qualify for the CL from 2010/11 to 2014/15.

* €250k every time the player reaches 35 appearancs; 70 appearances; 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

* €1m the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

* 5% of any future transfer fee paid to Roma

[quote author=Avvy link=topic=44755.msg1319572#msg1319572 date=1303399814]

Yeah,more or less..

* €5m upfront
* €3m by 4th January 2010
* €7m by June 30th 2010

* €5m by June 30th 2011.

Base transfer fee = €20m

Further Add ons include:

* €300k for every year Liverpool qualify for the CL from 2010/11 to 2014/15.

* €250k every time the player reaches 35 appearancs; 70 appearances; 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

* €1m the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

* 5% of any future transfer fee paid to Roma[/quote]

So we've paid €15m, and are due to pay the remaining €5m of the base fee - any idea if Juve pay us anything for the loan, or if it's just wages they're picking up (and if so, is it in full or just a portion)?

What's the agreed fee with Juve again before they started dicking and dancing around?

[quote author=Dee link=topic=44755.msg1319571#msg1319571 date=1303399679]
£17.1M

plus
- £255,000 for each time LFC reach the Champions League from 2010/11 - 2014/15.
- £212,000 after Aquilani plays 35, 70, 105 and 140 games.
- £850,000 if LFC win the Premier or Champions League before 2014.

[/quote]

No way they're going to kick in any time soon.

Aquilani though seems intent on remaining in his homeland, although with Juventus apparently unwilling to pay the £14million fee agreed at the outset of his loan deal, his future remains unclear.

"My situation is simple. It all depends on Juventus - if they want to, (they can) buy me without asking anyone's opinion," Aquilani told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I would like to stay in Turin for a long time and win a lot.

"I want to be a protagonist in the new winning cycle that is opening up at Juventus.

"I have no doubt that Juve's project is a winner, they just need a little patience."

Aquilani also feels, after 29 Serie A appearances for Juventus, that he has finally shaken off his injury-prone reputation.

"I played with great continuity, without any particular problems," he added.

"I finally removed the tag of me always being injured. I knew I was healthy, that I was just unlucky in the past, but in football people just want to label someone."

Alberto Aquilani’s agent remains optimistic that Juventus will complete his capture from Liverpool.

Juve, who took the player on loan last summer, had the possibility to sign the midfielder outright for €16m, but that option expired on May 15.

Nevertheless, Franco Zavaglia has told Radio Radio that his client could still remain with the Bianconeri.

“There is a better than 50 per cent chance that he will stay,†Zavaglia noted. “In a few days the clubs will meet and will reach an agreement.

“Aquilani has had a good season. Negative judgements come from the fact that Juve have had a poor campaign, but the player returned to the Italy squad.â€

The representative also dismissed suggestions that Juventus’ swoop for Andrea Pirlo could see Aquilani sacrificed.

“They are compatible,†he added. “If Cesare Prandelli has called both up to the national set-up then they are.

“Juventus signed Pirlo before picking Antonio Conte, but the Coach could even change the systemâ€

Sell him and get done with it. He spoke about loving life at Juve and feeling part of an important project. Cash in and let's move on.

Alberto Acquilani's £8million move to Juventus was in danger of being scrapped after new Stadio Olimpico coach Antonio Conte made it clear he did not want the Liverpool midfielder.

Aquilani was hopeful of making his loan spell permanent after Juve bosses announced they had agreed a cut-price fee.

But he may have to return to Merseyside next week after Conte, on agreeing to replace the sacked Luigi Del Neri, informed the club’s hierarchy that the 26-year-old did not figure in his plans.

Conte steered Siena to promotion to Serie A using a formula of two wingers and two defensive central midfielders, and he intends to adopt the same system with Juventus.

That may mean a reprieve for former Liverpool midfielder Momo Sissoko, who had fallen out of favour, but the outlook is not so favourable for Aquilani.

Sportsmail understands Conte, who has targeted Udinese midfielder Gokhan Inler as his first signing, has even complained about Andrea Pirlo’s arrival — the deal was set up before he arrived.

Aquilani could yet be granted his wish of a fresh start in his homeland, though, with AC Milan viewing him as an ideal candidate to fill the gap left by Pirlo’s departure.

How did his valuation plummeted to 8m when the clause was 16m, on the back of a good season? ::)

The player? He obviously doesn't want to return to English football and everybody knows it.

At least we recouped most of the Robbie Keane fee. This is turning out to be the worst transfer ever.

Well he has to start over again if Momo is getting in ahead of him.

£8M, fuck Juve!

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=44755.msg1340046#msg1340046 date=1306578735]
Play hard ball JH
[/quote]

Damn right......the Alonso and lady boy torres transfers set precedent for us not getting screwed over in transfers anymore. If Juve cant stump up the cash tell them to go suck a lemon!!

I hope that happens, but it's unlikely.

Putting him on the bench would be like having another sulky Torres to contend with, except he looks more inbred.

Hopefully this is the last time Liverpool is put over a barrel because we buy players who're either shit or uninterested.

EVERY time we lend out a half decent player we end up getting fucked-over by the club that borrows them. You do the cunts a favour and they conspire with the player at the expense of Liverpool.
Tell them to fuck off , he is not for sale.
If it cost us money this time it would save us having the piss taken out of us as easily in the future.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom