• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani *signed 16m*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=35002.msg920721#msg920721 date=1249664368]
[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=35002.msg920718#msg920718 date=1249664323]
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=35002.msg920651#msg920651 date=1249658233]
If this was RAWK, every one of you cantz would be doing a week long ban.
[/quote]

If this was RAWK, your post would have been redirected to the sub-forum 'Intertextual commentaries on comparative forum practices, section 5, level H'.
[/quote]

lol
[/quote]

It is the Terror translated into a forum. I love the barely veiled threats as they lay down forum policy:

Site policy remains that we have nothing to do with the NOTW. We're getting a bit bored of deleting shite from the rag (or second hand stories from the BBC gossip page), so for your own sakes stop posting such shite before we start deleting members as well as the NOTW stories they post.

Gareth: From this point onwards any person posting "IBTL" or any daft picture of the same receives a weeks ban.

Think thats harsh and over the top? We dont. You're making moderating harder as well as pissing off other users of the site.

Thanks

Graeme: Same applies to 5...4...3...2...1 or other such bollocks.

Arselicking Wanker: I've only come back to the transfer forum since we've started banning people for certain things...

"deleting members" sends a chill down my spine.

I get a horrible feeling that someone has opened a file on me over there.

Back on track ...

From a Roma supporter blog (don't worry it's on the 'approved' list - honest !) :

If he remains fit then his style and physical attributes are well-suited to English football: excellent short and mid-range passing, sure first touch and an eye for goal from long range as well as well-timed runs into the opposition area.

Marcello Lippi has welcomed the switch and will no doubt be a regular observer alongside Fabio Capello at Anfield in the months to come

Alberto Aquilani Is A Player With Quality – Liverpool’s Dirk Kuyt
The hard-working Dutchman believes that Aquilani is a player who will improve the Reds' ranks...
7 Aug 2009 07:50:58
Dirk Kuyt and Fernando Torres - Liverpool (PA)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Dirk Kuyt and Fernando Torres - Liverpool (PA)
Related Links
Teams

* Liverpool
* Roma

Players

* Alberto Aquilani
* Dirk Kuyt

Dirk Kuyt believes that Liverpool will have a quality player in Alberto Aquilani - should the player’s proposed move from Roma go through successfully - and has urged his team-mates to concentrate on mounting a serious Premier League challenge, despite losing Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid.

Kuyt spoke right after the game against Lyn Oslo, and was unaware that the Reds had agreed upon a fee for the transfer of Aquilani from his Eternal City employers.

"I was just focused on the game, but if it’s correct that he is signing and the deal happens, then it’s good because we will be signing a new player with a lot of quality," Kuyt is quoted in The Liverpool Echo as saying.

When asked if the departure of Alonso to Real Madrid will harm the club in any way, the 29-year-old attacker responded by saying that the Reds will have to move on, irrespective of the consequences.

“Xabi is a very good player but this kind of thing happens in football," he reflected.

“Teams are changing all the time. Xabi played very well for Liverpool but that’s all history now and we have to move on.

"We have to look forward. That’s what Xabi is doing with Real Madrid and we have to do the same.

"We have a lot of good players still here and we are all determined to go one better in the league after coming so close to winning the title last season."

Aquilani, who is reportedly the replacement that Rafael Benitez had in mind when Alonso first asked to leave the club, has arrived in the UK and will be subject to a stringent medical by the Merseyside club.

Adithya Ananth, Goal.com

Roma Will Miss Alberto Aquilani - Francesco Totti
'Il Capitano' is lamenting the sale of a great player and friend...
06-Aug-2009 2:56:34 PM
Francesco Totti - Roma (Grazia Neri)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Francesco Totti - Roma (Grazia Neri)
Related Links
Teams

* AS Roma

As Roma prepare for their Europa League clash with Gent tonight, Francesco Totti had a few words to say about the club's sale of Alberto Aquilani to Liverpool. The Italian midfielder is yet to officially complete the move, but should conclude a medical today before penning a contract.

"I am sorry about Alberto, who, as well as being a friend, is a great player and a Roman. He will be missed," Totti told Il Corriere dello Sport.

Totti bears the weight of increased expectation on his shoulders now that the creative Aquilani is leaving the club, but despite an injury scare earlier in the week, he believes he is in good condition to lead the Giallorossi.

"I'm good, I have got myself into good shape. The only thing that is important now is to make the next round [of the Europa League]," he stated.

The Giallorossi take a 3-1 lead into the second leg, which will be a sell out. Roma will have to play without Mirko Vucinic, who is undergoing minor surgery to remove a bone fragment from his left knee after complaining of pains earlier in the week.

Anthony Wright, Goal.com

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=35002.msg920744#msg920744 date=1249666932]
So why no news yet?
[/quote]

It's a two-day medical, according to one of those earlier articles. Presumably we'll find out tomorrow.

Ooh yeah!

Liverpool FC confirmed this evening that Alberto Aquilani has successfully completed a medical and agreed a 5-year contract with the club.
The player will now continue his rehabilitation from an ankle operation under the guidance of Liverpool's medical team and is expected to be fully fit in approximately 4-8 weeks time.

4-8 weeks is a bit of a stunner. So we've potentially got a Lucas-Mascherano partnership for the first 10 games of the season? Or will Gerrard play in CM?

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=35002.msg920768#msg920768 date=1249670990]
4-8 weeks is a bit of a stunner. So we've potentially got a Lucas-Mascherano partnership for the first 10 games of the season? Or will Gerrard play in CM?
[/quote]That is a fucker. We really need another player now to allow Gerrard into midfield.

Lucas has had increasingly more playing time in the pre-season friendlies. I think he'll start against Spurs, which is a bit of a worry as far as I'm concerned. We need another significant signing.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=35002.msg920773#msg920773 date=1249671201]
i honestly think lucas will shine.
[/quote]Im sure he'll be fine.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=35002.msg920776#msg920776 date=1249671391]
I'm glad it's been confirmed.

One more attacking player signed and we're sorted.

[/quote]

Positive thinking en masse ....is our only option.

As it is it has been a fucking disaster of a transfer window. Im really really really fucking hoping that im wrong and we do end up signing a quality addition instead of just a quality replacement ( aquilani).

I fucking hate GnH.

So what's his nickname then? Aquaman.. Aquafresh.. Crockilani? I think it's only fair that Oncey has first say.

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=35002.msg920779#msg920779 date=1249671614]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, Lucas seems to play his best when I fear the worst (i.e at Old Trafford) - so I am planning on staying quite negative about the whole situation.

[quote author=FreshRed link=topic=35002.msg920786#msg920786 date=1249674472]
[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=35002.msg920779#msg920779 date=1249671614]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, Lucas seems to play his best when I fear the worst (i.e at Old Trafford) - so I am planning on staying quite negative about the whole situation.
[/quote]

I fear the worst everytime he plays. Doesn't work.

Assuming we don't sign anyone else, I would prefer this line-up for our early games:

Reina

Johnson - Carra - Agger - Insua

Mascherano - Gerrard

Kuyt - Benayoun - Riera

Torres

but I suspect for most of them Lucas will play CM, with Yossi on the bench.

I'm still astonished that a player expected to be only fit in 2 months can pass a 2-day medical.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=35002.msg920793#msg920793 date=1249676476]
Assuming we don't sign anyone else, I would prefer this line-up for our early games:

Reina

Johnson - Carra - Agger - Insua

Mascherano - Gerrard

Kuyt - Benayoun - Riera

Torres

but I suspect for most of them Lucas will play CM, with Yossi on the bench.
[/quote]

Maybe Babel or Voronin would play in a 4-4-2?

Reina
Johnson Carragher Agger Insua
Kuyt Gerrard Mascherano Reira
Torres Voronin/Babel

Deadly would be wasted on the right of a midfield four behind two strikers though. He'd huff and puff his way through a lot of running, but to little effect. I'd much prefer us to stick to the 4-2-3-1 even with Alonso gone.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=35002.msg920799#msg920799 date=1249677568]
Deadly would be wasted on the right of a midfield four behind two strikers though. He'd huff and puff his way through a lot of running, but to little effect. I'd much prefer us to stick to the 4-2-3-1 even with Alonso gone.
[/quote]

Other alternative is Kuyt up top with Nando and Yossi on the wing - cutting in like always with Johnson overlapping to provide width.

[quote author=FreshRed link=topic=35002.msg920800#msg920800 date=1249677803]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=35002.msg920799#msg920799 date=1249677568]
[/quote]

Other alternative is Kuyt up top with Nando and Yossi on the wing - cutting in like always with Johnson overlapping to provide width.
[/quote]

Another alternative is to put Torres as a CB, granted he won't be able to chip in with as many goals from there, but we'll get more goals on corners if he replaces Skrtl/Agger, and Kuyt would be accomodated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom