• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani *signed 16m*

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has a statue of mussolini in his house so if he isn't he can't blame thinking people might think he is.

if didi had a portrait of hitler in his living room he'd be rightly questioned or if el zahr had an osama screen saver on his phone the same would take place.

I think he was quoted saying something along the lines of 'Immigrants are bad news'.

I like him already

I found this on another site. Sorry if its been posted already.

Contrary to all the rubbish printed by the British press regarding a 20 million pound deal for Alberto Aquilani, Roma have themselves revealed the true extent of the payment structure for the Italian (both to the stock exchange as well as their own official site).

The 20 million EURO transfer fee is broken up into the following:

- 4 cash instalments of
- - 5 million EURO upfront
- - 3 million EURO by 4th January 2010
- - 7 million EURO by June 30th 2010
- - 5 million EURO by June 30th 2011.

Further Add ons include:

- 300,000 EURO for every year Liverpool qualify for the Champions League from 2010/11 to 2014/15

- 250,000 EURO everytime the player reaches 35 appearancs, 70 appearances, 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

- 1 million EURO the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

- 5% of any future transfer fee will be paid to Roma.

Details can be found here (for those fluent in Italian) - http://www.asroma.it/UserFiles/988.pdf

So next time you read any article and it says we paid 20 million Pounds or any other funny amount, reference this article!

That being said, if we've only paid 5 million EURO for Aquilani, and got 30 million POUNDS for the Alonso deal right away....is there more money to burn or is it going to our esteemed American owners to re-finance their deal?

If that is true then we have done a good bit of business.
It also confirms that we have cash to spend now.
So go out and fucking spend it Rafa.

Fucking Hell Barry !

That means we could end up paying over 27M Euro for him ! What's that in pounds anyone ? Before I shift my arse and check online.

Live rates at 2009.08.09 20:55:54 UTC

27,000,000.00 EUR =22,960,827.15 GBP

Euro United Kingdom Pounds
1 EUR = 0.850401 GBP 1 GBP = 1.17592 EUR

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=35002.msg921704#msg921704 date=1249850896]
Fucking Hell Barry !

That means we could end up paying over 27M Euro for him ! What's that in pounds anyone ? Before I shift my arse and check online.
[/quote]

About £23 million.

If he ends up being instrumental in us winning the league then its money well spent.

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=35002.msg921704#msg921704 date=1249850896]
Fucking Hell Barry !

[/quote]

If we end up paying that much for him it'll be because he's made plenty of appearances and we've won a load of stuff. In which case it'll be worth it.

[quote author=Tinto link=topic=35002.msg921706#msg921706 date=1249851290]
It's about £23m which isn't bad at all if this lads helps us win the league.
[/quote]

It's a lot more than we were led to believe we were paying.

Thanks to you and Stu for the conversions anyhoo .

Benitez conceded he is working on on a limited budget and defended last week's £20million outlay on injury-prone Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani, out for up to two months after ankle surgery.

'I know how easy it is to lose players to injury, and we do need cover,' he said, after seeing Sergio Aguero and Diego Forlan fire Atletico two goals up before the industrious Lucas pulled one back. 'I have some ideas and will discuss them with the club, but it depends on prices. If we need something, we will talk to the owners.

'Aquilani would have cost up to £30million normally, but we got him cheaper because of his operation. I have no worries about his fitness record. He was on the wrong end of a bad tackle, and that can happen to any player.

'The point is we have signed him for five years, not five games, and everyone I spoke to in Italy said he would be a fantastic player for us.'

I've just woken up and am still half asleep, so can someone point out how they arrived at 27m euro?

Miscounted.

Looks like a maximum of 23.5 million Euros, or about 20 million pounds.

Not too happy about the structure tho; the initial 20 million Euros (or about 16 million pounds) is structured for a 2 year period (approximately).

That's good, but none of that is based on appearances.

Sill, in this ridiculous window where Lescott can go for 22 million pounds, thats not too bad.

[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=35002.msg921776#msg921776 date=1249884787]
Miscounted.

Looks like a maximum of 23.5 million Euros, or about 20 million pounds.

Not too happy about the structure tho; the initial 20 million Euros (or about 16 million pounds) is structured for a 2 year period (approximately).

That's good, but none of that is based on appearances.

Sill, in this ridiculous window where Lescott can go for 22 million pounds, thats not too bad.

[/quote]

But we do not actually know whether the initial fees over two years are based on appearance or not. Maybe if he is really crocked, we can dump him after one year?

i can't believe that ordinarily rafa thinks this lad would have cost upto 30 million pounds.

anyone have any idea when he is likely to be fit?

[quote author=rage link=topic=35002.msg921788#msg921788 date=1249889161]
i can't believe that ordinarily rafa thinks this lad would have cost upto 30 million pounds.

anyone have any idea when he is likely to be fit?
[/quote]
Right then. Rafa's a liar.

you can say rafa is a liar if u want to.

i just think he's talking up the player and trying to make the best of a bad situation. but no way would this lad have cost us 30 million pounds even if he was fit to start the season. you only have to look at his last 5 seasons to know that would not be the case.

[quote author=rage link=topic=35002.msg921792#msg921792 date=1249889695]

i just think he's talking up the player and trying to make the best of a bad situation. but no way would this lad have cost us 30 million pounds even if he was fit to start the season. you only have to look at his last 5 seasons to know that would not be the case.
[/quote]

He had 30 million pounds to spend. He could've chosen to buy another player with no injury, but no.. He picked Aquilani, despite his injuries, and still costing 20 million pounds.

How exactly is that a bad situation you dumb fucking cunt?

didn't you get banned before for being unnecessarily aggressive?

it is a bad situation where we have lost our player of the season and bought a player who as well as being regularly injured is also currently injured and won't start the season. our starting midfield is now weaker than last year, not becaise aquilani isn't as good as alonso (that has yet to be determined) but by the very fact he won't be ready until maybe the end of October.

infact due to lack of pre season, new league etc i wouldn't think bad of the lad if he didn't even get upto speed until the last 10 games of the season.

[quote author=koze link=topic=35002.msg921795#msg921795 date=1249890009]

[/quote]

He had 30 million pounds to spend. He could've chosen to buy another player with no injury, but no.. He picked Aquilani, despite his injuries, and still costing 20 million pounds.

[/quote]

Koze- this is a warning. One more of those and you get two days to cool off.

[quote author=rage link=topic=35002.msg921797#msg921797 date=1249890539]
it is a bad situation where we have lost our player of the season and bought a player who as well as being regularly injured is also currently injured and won't start the season. our starting midfield is now weaker than last year, not becaise aquilani isn't as good as alonso (that has yet to be determined) but by the very fact he won't be ready until maybe the end of October.

infact due to lack of pre season, new league etc i wouldn't think bad of the lad if he didn't even get upto speed until the last 10 games of the season.

[/quote]

That is perfectly correct, and we are mostly all aware of that. The issue is, what were the alternatives given the market we are in? Who were we going to buy that slots in?

Rafa wanted Barry of course, and we'd have Barry, going into a second season as a replacement, rather than a crocked Aquilani if that'd gone through as he wanted. We got a few extra million, given Alonso's increased fee this year, but it hasn't done us much good.

The general issue at this point isn't Aquilani for me, it's our failure to address an improvement in a potential winger/AM, not because that can allow Gerrard to drop back for the time being, though that would improve my outlook on our chances, but because this is what we've needed for years now. As it stands it looks like one step forward, two steps back.

[quote author=koze link=topic=35002.msg921795#msg921795 date=1249890009]

[/quote]

[/quote]

nazi-lol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom