• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

As if etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we should stick with dross to make Coutinho look better. Like that one hot bird with a bunch of fatties.

That's not what I meant Woland. Would you rather we sign shit hot wing-forward or shit hot attacking central midfielder if you could only sign one?

Should we sign him ? Will he stunt Coutinho's development if his most effective position is behind the striker?

I don't think that's too much of a problem, honestly. Coutihno is mostly a passer and Mkhitaryan is mostly a runner, in theory they should complement each other's qualities rather than hinder each other's development. Think of it this way: Mkhitaryan would basically replace Henderson in the midfield 3 with some added attacking flair, but similar work rate. Coutihno as a playmaker needs partners who will keep making runs into the box - that's the way he can be most effective.

I've mentioned before that we won't see the best of Joe Allen until we give him some support players he can pass to; Downing's runs are too predictable, Shelvey is a bit of a headless chicken and SG doesn't make as many lung-bursting runs as he used to. This inevitably meant that if Suarez was marked Allen had very few other options.

What excites me about this Armenian lad is that; with the recent additions of Coutinho and Sturridge as well, Allens options are going be the making of him as a LFC player.

When the season starts and Allen has possession hopefully he'll have the option of a thru' ball to Sturridge/Aspas or a rapier pass to find the run of Henrikh or a litte bit of inter-play with Coutinho etc, etc, etc. We still need a DM'er to play instead of Lucas but I really like the way Rodgers is thinking.

.....................................Wanyama........Allen........................
..............Coutinho......................Mkhitaryan.................Aspas
.............................................Sturridge.................................

Ironically, even though i've left SG out I'd start him in every game. Depending on the opposition he could play in place of any of the above names bar Sturridge.

That's not what I meant Woland. Would you rather we sign shit hot wing-forward or shit hot attacking central midfielder if you could only sign one?

I thought we were ok for both, I'd rather we sign a shit hot DM. But as long as the player is actually shit hot, like this kid appears to be, I'm happy to have shit hot competition for places for the first time in aeons.

We've scouted him since November apparantly.
Fwiw I'd rather sign this lad than E-riksen

Liverpool FC are interested in Shakhtar Donetsk’s attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan but any potential deal remains a long way off.
The Reds would have to offer in excess of £20million if they want to snap up the Armenia international, who scored 25 goals in the Ukrainian Premier League last season.
Liverpool have yet to make an approach for Mkhitaryan and the ECHO understands they are only likely to do so if Luis Suarez leaves Anfield this summer.

If Suarez submits a transfer request to force through a move, the Reds will insist on banking at least £50million for their prized asset.
With that kind of cash for Brendan Rodgers to spend, Mkhitaryan would then become a serious option.
Liverpool are currently focused on other deals as they prioritise the signings of Celta Vigo’s Iago Aspas and Schalke’s Kyriakos Papadopoulos.

hmm if we really want him i'd like to think we can get him without having to sell suarez . guess reality dictates otherwise .

FWIW, I don't care if whether a player fits into the team as long as he's shit hot. Fitting them into the team is Rodgers' job.

I like MKII.

He definitely scores plenty. He has 10 from 36 games for Armenia making him the top scorer in the current squad. I take it he takes penos for club and country?

He definitely scores plenty. He has 10 from 36 games for Armenia making him the top scorer in the current squad. I take it he takes penos for club and country?

Not sure about country, but for club - no. All from open play.

Five famous Armenians

Thought you knew nothing about Armenia? Think again - here are five of their most famous people (Note: includes two fictitious characters).

Armin Tamzarian
Better known to you and me as Principal Skinner, Bart Simpson’s arch enemy was born Armin Tamzarian, a street punk of Armenian descent, but after returning from Vietnam he borrowed his former commander’s name and life and went on to teach at Springfield Elementary. Some have pegged this episode, The Principal and the Pauper, first aired in 1997, as the beginning of the end for The Simpsons. The fact it is still around, and with at least two more years to go proves otherwise.

Capt. John Joseph Yossarian
The central character in Joseph Heller’s Catch 22, Yossarian is an Armenian-American fighter pilot in World War II who is desperate to get out of the war as he is convinced he is going to be killed either by the enemy or his own incompetent commanders, and his attempts to avoid both these fates is forever channeled into impossible situations, or Catch-22s. The book, 50 years old this week, is based on Heller’s own experiences in the war, and is a brilliant examination of the pointlessness and waste of war.

Cher
Almost a fictional character at this stage due to the amount of surgery she has undergone, Cher was born Cherilyn Sarkisian in 1946. Her dad was Armenian American but she soon dropped everything and became known as just Cher. Most interesting thing about Cher? She is just a Tony award away from completing the EGOT, Tracy Jordan’s goal in 30 Rock. Cher has an Emmy, an Oscar and a Golden Globe.

Kim Kardashian
kk3.jpg

Another Armenian-American, the reality star and model is somehow a global superstar. Without any discernible talent, bar a larger than average arse, Kardashian is estimated to be worth more than $50million. It all started, as all good stories do, with a sex tape released in 2007. Her surname means ‘son of a stonemason’ in Armenian .

Henrik Mkhitaryan
Maybe not that well known but he is football's Armenian dangerman. Playing for Shakhtar Donetsk, the 22-year-old is very talented forward who likes to drop off the front and probe defences. His speed and skill could cause problems. His surname means 'bramble' in Armenian.

The concern I have with signing him as a player is that by the sounds of things we need to build the team around him to get our money's worth. We did a fair bit of that under Rafa and whilst I'm not against it if the player truly is exceptional, it does mean that you have far less flexibility and if you're not careful the team simply doesn't perform as it should unless the stars are aligned exactly right etc.

Would we be better off spending 20M on someone more versatile that can play in different systems?

Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

The concern I have with signing him as a player is that by the sounds of things we need to build the team around him to get our money's worth. We did a fair bit of that under Rafa and whilst I'm not against it if the player truly is exceptional, it does mean that you have far less flexibility and if you're not careful the team simply doesn't perform as it should unless the stars are aligned exactly right etc.

Would we be better off spending 20M on someone more versatile that can play in different systems?

Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

I don't know. Everything I've read about him suggests versatility...

It's a shame when we have to sell our better players to get other good players if the latest rumour about having to sell Suarez to get this guy is true. That being said I don't mind selling Suarez for upwards of 45m. We could do with additional firepower from the midfield, and also get that Udinese striker.

I really hope this happens - I love a big transfer fee to someone who I've never heard of ever! Adds to the spice of life.

Yes but by Christmas we have usually decided they are shit and are looking to offload them.
Humbug to you @Portly - Glass half full and all that good sir :)

Put it this way I like it when we do something like this rather than spank 18 mill on someone who I know about like Downing. This reminds me a little of the Coutinho transfer and look how that worked out!

Looks like everyone (almost) is a hater. Sad.
Chin up @Y1 - I predict a great 2013/14 season ahead. I'm already placing bets that Coutinho is going to win young player of the season. (You heard it here first btw)

Actually in Soviet Union "Armenian Radio" became a source for many anecdotes because of the witty and mischievous style of some of the hosts. Those anecdotes continue to be created to this day, even though the radio is now probably completely different (in truth, I've never heard real Armenia radio and neither have most people).

A couple of examples:

- A question to Armenian Radio: why men from Caucus usually wear a chain on the neck?
- Answer: to know where to stop shaving.

- Why did Armenians open a Ministry of the Navy, even though they don't have a path to the sea?
- This was in response to Azerbaijan (Armenia's closest neighbor) opening a Ministry of Culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom