• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

As if etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched his agent to Mino Raiola in April, the same as Assaidi's.

Armenian national and FC Shakhtar midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan has signed a contract with famous agent Mino Raiola.

“I trust him,” Mkhitaryan said, commenting on the rumors.

According to recent media reports, Mkhitaryan has been working with famous football agent Mino Raiola, the agent of Milan striker Mario Balotelli and PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Yes, Mino Raiola is my agent. I signed a contract with him around 10 days ago. He is dealing with my affairs. I trust him. I do not want go deeper in details and ask which clubs are showing interest in my game,” Mkhitaryan told NEWS.am Sport.

Liverpool reach agreement for Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Today Liverpool have reached an agreement with Shakhtar Donetsk for the transfer of Henrikh Mkhitaryan. The Ukrainian club have accepted a 22 million pound offer for the attacking midfielder.

The Merseyside club made it clear that Henrikh would be a top transfer target. Since then, Ian Ayre has met with Shakhtar officials. There was a big difference in valuation of the player from both clubs, with Liverpool leaning towards the 20 million mark while Shakhtar demanded 30 million. Liverpool officials held talks again, both sides agreed to meet at 22 million for the player.

Although its not official, Liverpool are just personal terms away from signing the Armenian talented player. A host of top clubs also seem interested with Spurs scouting the player for the last 2 years, while they were also checking out Willian, who has since left Shakhtar for Anzhi. With Shakhtar announcing today the double signing of Brazilian boys Nem and Fernando joining, which will only signal that their is truth the Liverpool will get their man.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is an attacking midfielder and can play on the wing. His wonderful close control and his eye for goal makes him one of the most wanted talents in Europe. Although he's not as well known, he did help his side progress to the Champions League knock out rounds. His close dribbling and brilliant skill is evident while watching him, but his goal scoring ability is evident by reading his stats. This season he scored 26 goals in 28 league appearances. Most of those goals have come from playing as the '10' although he did sometimes play as the main striker or as a right winger.

Liverpool insider have made it clear that the deal would not be pending on Luis Suarez. So a deal could be completed within the forthnight. Henrikh is yet to meet Liverpool officials to discuss personal terms. Although the player has been quoted in saying that he would like to move his career on to an English side.

Source: Ukrainian Radio.

No idea how legit a source this is, but it's something.

http://www.vavel.com/en/football/pr...ol-reach-agreement-with-shakhtar-donetsk.html

1370332342-mkhitaryan.jpg

Hallo, I am Henrikh Mkhitaryan and you are watching Six Crazy Minutes!

1370332342-mkhitaryan.jpg

'I have always been a Liverpool fan. I watched the Istanbul game & it has stuck with me ever since.'

'Having spoken with Mr Rodgers he impressed me with the vision of the progress ahead for the group'

'He also had a nice firm grab of my buttocks within seconds of us meeting, which made the decision to join him even easier'

I know nothing of the lad but I'm surprised the club are spending £22 on one player. Didn't really expect that this summer.

i was excited until I saw the dortmund clip. hopefully he will be decent. this will mean one of our central midfielders is going.

Hope to God its true. Better player than Eriksen and is a bit unknown due to him playing in Shaktar.
He wont be after a few games in the EPL.

Saw him a couple of times in the Champions League, this lad can play.

Different player than E r i k s en but not better. We would be laughing a lot next Season could we get both.

I know nothing of the lad but I'm surprised the club are spending £22 on one player. Didn't really expect that this summer.

Money from Carroll perhaps. And then we'll hopefully get some money from shit/fringe players like Spearing, Pacheco, Wilson etc.

First of all, I don't believe for a minute that Mkhitaryan signing and Suarez leaving are not connected. Sure, we had some interest in Henrikh before, Rodgers clearly likes him as a player - but it's not a coincidence that we ratcheted up our interest in Mkhitaryan immediately after Suarez announced he wants to leave.

I think our transfer budget is still 20 million + player sales and we simply cannot afford Mkhitaryan uses Suarez is sold. I'd like to believe otherwise, but I think this is the truth, whether we like it or not.

Did we though? We've had him scouted all through the season, and now it's the period when deals are done. Maybe there is a connection, I don't know, but it's not surprising we only start hearing about these moves now. Maybe this committee really raved about him, and FSG, noting the success of Coutinho and Sturridge, agreed to put in more money for him.

I posted a poll about a month ago about which AM would you choose to sign, between E - sen, Dzagoev, Honda, and Mkhitaryan. I think no one voted for Henrikh, which is surprising, considering that he is the closest to Gerrard in terms of playing style and that many people here noticed that we lack a player who can pick up the ball in midfield and make powerful and direct runs into the box with it or shoot from distance - what Gerrard used to do when he was younger.

I think Mkhitaryan will not equal Gerrard over his career (that would be incredibly hard to do) and he is not as physically powerful and amazingly versatile as Gerrard, but he is still a very good player in his own right. For me the best thing about Mkhitaryan is that he is smart: he is able to learn, adapt to new challenges and gradually improve himself as a player. That's a quality that makes talented players good, and good players great.

In terms of playing position, I think Mkitaryan's best position, the one where he's bad the most success so far, is at the attacking tip of the midfield triangle. He can do many things pretty well, but the one really outstanding quality he has is making runs from deep - so it's only natural to use him in a position that makes the best use of this quality. If he plays as one of the advanced midfielders in an "inverted triangle," his frequent runs could leave a hole in the middle and distort our defensive shape too much - the same rationale Rafa used for choosing to play Gerrard in a free role behind the striker. So, if we buy Mkhitaryan, I think we will mostly line up as a 4-2-3-1 next season.

Another possibility could be playing Mkhitaryan on the wing with a license to drift to the middle, but in this case the other winger will need to "hug the touchine," otherwise we'll lose all the width. I think it's possible, but less likely or desirable.

If Suarez leaves, we can end up with this front 6:

--------------Sturridge-------------
Coutihno---Mkhitaryan---Aspas
-------Gerrard--Allen (Lucas)---

I think it's a pretty strong team, actually.

I never want to see Allen in that role again.

Btw
25 goals in 28 games this season, pretty impressive.

Reports (telegraph) that City have reached agreement with Shaktar for Fernandinho for 40m odd. Would Shaktar sell both central midfielders?

So he's basically the Armenian Lampard with a bit of added pace?

You could say that, I guess.

But he is less of a playmaker type than Lampard, he is more comfortable with short passing game than spraying diagonal long balls the way Lampard does.

Should we sign him ? Will he stunt Coutinho's development if his most effective position is behind the striker?

Yeah we should stick with dross to make Coutinho look better. Like that one hot bird with a bunch of fatties.

Should we sign him ? Will he stunt Coutinho's development if his most effective position is behind the striker?
He's been just as effective from the left, besides, I imagine with Coutinho, Borini and potential Aspas and this guy if they sign, we'll be see non stop movement through the whole game as they can all play each position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom