• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

As if etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall ever seeing this guy play.

@rurikbird? Is he worth 20M and essentially building our team around?

I am not going to answer for Rurik obviously, but he rates him highly and people should read up on his Shakthar thread if they want to know more about him.

I have actually seen him play quite a lot myself in Champions League and I believe the reports in this thread are pretty precise. I really like him as a type, Kuyt-esque in terms of manors, hardwork, ethics and this really shows in a team that is not afraid of whatever dirty tricks there is in the books the achieve their goals. He really stands out like an Armenian beacon in the Ukrainian night (sry).

He's such a poacher too, he floats in between lines and scores. That's what he do. And he's got a lot of pace to burn as well.

Personally very excited by this link and a player that in my opinion ticks a lot of the boxes that Rodgers are looking for, could be a revelation. I am not sure I see him as a playmaker though, more so like a dynamic player for the front 3. Maybe Rurik disagrees?

Value imo: £15M.

Oh another reason why I believe this signing would be great, he can play on top as well. Would make the need for a new striker less relevant, without being in direct competition with Sturridge.

Where is he at technique-wise?

kid-kicking-football-fail.gif

Doesn't seem that great technically on youtube.

I don't want an AM anyway. I want someone who can help us control the game in midfield, rather than in the final third. Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge and Aspas (if he joins) should have more than enough guile and creativity amongst themselves. Don't have the same confidence in Lucas, Henderson and Gerrard.

Where is he at technique-wise?

Not Coutinho or E r i k s e n like, but still very good. A bit like Gerrard perhaps. And with his pace that's often quite useful and more then sufficient to leave defenders.

I am not sure how Rodgers micromanages the team and the game in general but to me it seems he very much likes versatile players, and Henrikh is exactly this. The fact he's also a natural goal-scorer makes him a right torn in any defenders eye no matter the position.

This is my guess and the wingers here are not wingers in the old sense, with loads of crosses, hugging the sideline etc. they are much more mobile, cutting in deep, swapping positions with the striker and AM position. A dynamic frontline if you like with GOALS:

...........................NEW AM/Gerrard.........................
Henrikh........................Sturridge...............Coutinho

Well at least we're getting linked to some pretty decent players which heartening. It will be even better when we sign them.

What's up with Spurs? Everytime we gfo in for a player then they jump in too. Cunts!

Doesn't seem that great technically on youtube.

I don't want an AM anyway. I want someone who can help us control the game in midfield, rather than in the final third. Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge and Aspas (if he joins) should have more than enough guile and creativity amongst themselves. Don't have the same confidence in Lucas, Henderson and Gerrard.

One thing I noticed from the youtube clips is that although he probably won't be beating defenders with skill like a typical winger, he does have excellent balance when running at pace with the ball, making him a real threat as he darts into the box.

I think in general the comparisons to Gerrard look useful, I could see him replacing him in the end were he to sign. Could be why he's a priority.

Not Coutinho or E r i k s e n like, but still very good. A bit like Gerrard perhaps. And with his pace that's often quite useful and more then sufficient to leave defenders.

I am not sure how Rodgers micromanages the team and the game in general but to me it seems he very much likes versatile players, and Henrikh is exactly this. The fact he's also a natural goal-scorer makes him a right torn in any defenders eye no matter the position.

This is my guess and the wingers here are not wingers in the old sense, with loads of crosses, hugging the sideline etc. they are much more mobile, cutting in deep, swapping positions with the striker and AM position. A dynamic frontline if you like with GOALS:

...........................NEW AM/Gerrard.........................
Henrikh........................Sturridge...............Coutinho

You only like him because his name is Henrik.

*winks*

Liverpool plan Mkhitaryan move

June 4, 2013
Liverpool are weighing up a move to bring in Armenia international Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk, ESPN understands.

henrikmkhitaryanoct2012_275x155.jpg
GettyImagesHenrikh Mkhitaryan was Armenia’s player of the year in 2009, 2011 and 2012

Mkhitaryan, who scored 25 goals from midfield in the Ukrainian Premier League last season, is likely to cost more than £20 million.

The 24-year-old is under contract with Shakhtar until 2015, but suggested in March that he would be looking to move on after his side were knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16 by Borussia Dortmund.

Mkhitaryan reportedly said at the time that he “will do everything this summer to join one of the strongest clubs in the world”, although he later back-pedalled via a statement on Shakhtar’s official website claiming he had been misquoted.

The attacking midfielder has since been linked with Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona, but Liverpool have been tracking him too.

It is understood that owners Fenway Sports Group have not been put off by the player’s price tag, and are prepared to sanction an offer for Mkhitaryan, who was Armenia’s player of the year in 2009, 2011 and 2012.

Such a bid does not depend on Liverpool bringing in money by selling Luis Suarez, who declared at a press conference in his native Uruguay last week that he wants to leave Anfield. Liverpool have yet to receive a bid for Suarez, who has still to submit a transfer request.

Meanwhile, Liverpool are hoping to complete the £7.7 million signing of Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas this week.

Talking about anyone as Gerrard's replacement seems like an utopia to me.

I get what people mean, but there's now way we'd ever be that lucky to actually replace Gerrard with anyone remotely of his class why I at least hope we are not giving anyone the indication that we'd expect them to replace him in the team.

Talking about anyone as Gerrard's replacement seems like an utopia to me.

I get what people mean, but there's now way we'd ever be that lucky to actually replace Gerrard with anyone remotely of his class why I at least hope we are not giving anyone the indication that we'd expect them to replace him in the team.

I always think Gerrard's best attribute is his versatility. It's extremely unlikely we'd ever find someone who's such a brilliant all-rounder, but in terms of a player to replace him in any one position, I don't think that's all that unlikely. Coutinho is probably going to be just as good as he ever was just behind the striker, for example. Maybe better.

You don't replace those players directly. We couldn't replace Souness.

That's what I meant.

I get that we can get hold of players that in their own way have just as good if not better attributes than Gerrard.

But Gerrard in his prime is the most complete footballer I have ever seen.

Hmmmm, Gerrard!!!, best player I have seen play for us.
Manage to keep hold of him for all this time too, what a guy....

I always think Gerrard's best attribute is his versatility. It's extremely unlikely we'd ever find someone who's such a brilliant all-rounder, but in terms of a player to replace him in any one position, I don't think that's all that unlikely. Coutinho is probably going to be just as good as he ever was just behind the striker, for example. Maybe better.

It depends on how you judge the player. Gerrard at his best in that position scored 20+ goals and made 20+ assists. If you're judging against those stats then Coutinho would struggle to be classed as good as Gerrard ever was. That's not the only way to measure a player though.

Coutinho IMO is already a better incisive passer than Gerrard. That's probably THE most important part of that position. He's also a better dribbler. He'll probably never be as prolific but he does score goals and has a surprisingly powerful shot. I could perhaps see him averaging 10 league goals a season in that position. What was Gerrard's best return? I know he had one very good season but don't think he ever got 20 league goals - Lampard, for example, was always more prolific, although he perhaps spent more of his career further forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom