• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ashes 2013-14

When you see Steyn's strike rate it would appear like a obvious choice on that one but I think Donald was better, and unfortunately we missed a fair bit of Donald's prime in International cricket due to things out of his hand.

Both had/have such lovely action, but Donald's run up was more awesome than Steyn's.

Despite the fact Steyn is such a provocative figure and he generally strikes fear into opposing batsmen, I generally think Donald was on another level.

Do the Aussies have to win 3 tests for the Ashes?

Presumably a 2-2 draw in the series means England retain Ashes?

Ha. Pieterson struggles so much to play this test style long game at times.

He finally lost his rag there & nearly lost his wicket, got away with it.

Hopefully he'll hold out a little longer, he's almost won this battle of attrition.

runs drying up and pressure increasing. Every time we put them under pressure in this series and they start to wobble a bit we just seem to give it away. Very frustrating

Pietersen was a tad unlucky to pick out Mitchell Johnson in the field when he played that shot.

Annoyed at cook today. Big daddy hundred needed there. What a shit way to get out.

KP takes 50 balls to get going then again hits siddle to mid wicket and caught

Can we scrape a draw

I hope so

At least they have proven in this test that Johnson is no Malcolm Marshall. Played him on his merit. Average

Root was unlucky. Terrible decision.

Pietersen was a tad unlucky to pick out Mitchell Johnson in the field when he played that shot.

You could see it coming though, he lost his rag when the crowd got noisy, I posted about it jut before he got out. Had he kept his cool I think he could have seen the day out.

Yes... 180/4 is not a a bad position at all by a long stretch. The top order has given a reasonable base, it's time for someone in the middle order to stand up and be counted.... The ball is old, there is no reverse swing on offer,... There is no reason why England can't take a first innings lead...

Yes... 180/4 is not a a bad position at all by a long stretch. The top order has given a reasonable base, it's time for someone in the middle order to stand up and be counted.... The ball is old, there is no reverse swing on offer,... There is no reason why England can't take a first innings lead...

It won't be in 14 overs time;)

Ever the optimist but even I can't see us taking a lead after our innings. We must keep them out in that heat for as long as possible though. Shame about Joe Root, the situation was made for the fella, 180-2 at stumps and its a different game.

Ah seems just 12 more before new ball..

I don't know....if the current two can get their eyes in the 12 overs with the old ball, then the strategy should be to hit the bad balls when they take the new ball.......the outfield is bone dry, and they should start thinking about scoring runs. It's the correct way to play at the WACA.

2.30am! Ouch. Think I will TMS it tomorrow then.

Welcome to the world of the Liverpool fan in Australia.

Spare a thought on Boxing Day, as you munch into the left-over turkey sandwiches at tea-time, that'll it'll be 4.30am in Australia.

Smile as you recall the idiot that decided to keep his bar open all night to show said game.

Then chuckle as it dawns on you that said bar is a 15 minute walk from the MCG and the poor manager probably won't see any of the game as he'll be too busy knocking back Barmy Army nutters who have been on the piss & sitting in the sun all day.

Hurrah!!!!

Ha ha - Mate I feel your pain. I did used to live Sydney so I know what you are on about (not the bar bit obviously!)

Oh lordy! What a bunch of merde sacs. I don't think I can recall such a shambles. At least in 2006/07 Colly got a double ton. *officially in sulk mood*

I really hate waking up to this shite every day.

*Checks to see if MOTD2 is recorded* :)

I really hate waking up to this shite every day.

*Checks to see if MOTD2 is recorded* :)
And to cheer you up if you haven't already seen it wait till you see Pietersens dismissal! Utterly brainless when he was playing as fluently as he has all year.

So mr pieterson

Hit six then they put the fielder back on the exact place he hit it so instead of aiming elsewhere his ego sees it as a challenge and try's it again -out. Pathetic.

So mr pieterson

Hit six then they put the fielder back on the exact place he hit it so instead of aiming elsewhere his ego sees it as a challenge and try's it again -out. Pathetic.

His arrogance got the better of him - time for a break Kevin

Back
Top Bottom