• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ashes 2013-14

I think they're just embarrassed by the way their team made a humungous pig's ear of their reviews in that series.

Haha
Did you notice how the aussie press have forgotten Warner's review against Swann when he edged the ball to second slip! Complete waste of a review for almost exactly the same " dismissal " as Broad but they seem to have amnesia about that.

I think all these bizarre phenomena - the demonisation of Broad, the braggadocio of Clarke and so-on - are signs of insecuity.

In the days when the Aussies went round the world whacking all comers, they didn't say that much!

And they'd have known better than to gee up Chris Broad's son by feeding him the kind of treatment he was always going to thrive on.

Was it really Clarke that was bigging himself up. I thought it was Warne that was commenting on the two captaincy's. Seems a bit silly really when you consider the success that Cook has had and the somewhat dismal performance of the Aussies of late.

Anyway here is todays Brisbane Courier Mail. LOL what a bunch of bellends.

courier1.jpg

Was it really Clarke that was bigging himself up. I thought it was Warne that was commenting on the two captaincy's.

Yes Clarke echoed what Shane Warne had said in a pre-match press conference. He said Cook was an unimaginative, defensively-minded captain which he felt was a problem for England. A captain like himself who is prepared to take risks is better, in his opinion.

Yes Clarke echoed what Shane Warne had said in a pre-match press conference. He said Cook was an unimaginative, defensively-minded captain which he felt was a problem for England. A captain like himself who is prepared to take risks is better, in his opinion.
Well that's just daft. Pride before the fall and all that. I say let them talk - They seem to be doing a grand job of shooting themselves in the foot while England are just going about their business. As Boycott said though I'll wait to see England bat before coming to any conclusions about this Aussie side (and captaincy).

Ryan must be loving this test thus far. On the bad news front, Mitchell J saved their bacon, and might derive some confidence from it. I do hope he's spraying the ball about like a mad woman's piss.

I watched the top & middle order collapse before sloping off to bed. Woke up and it wasn't as bad as I'd thought, but I imagine they'll skittle Haddin, Johnson et all out for very little this morning.

350 is a minimum on a good Gabba wicket, and they're well short of that.

England 1-0.

Johnson has already gone fella. I think it's Haddin, Harris and Lyon left. Day 2 is supposed to be quick and bouncy with plenty in it for the seamers. Johnson could make some serious in roads if he decides to get his line right. Again a crucial first session I think.

I have bad news Ryan - Johnson's already out. He had his stumps scattered by your mate on 64. Haddin and Harris are in at the moment. They are both capable of hanging around.

That's the problem with my 'job', no lazy days allowed!

Hadin next, if not right now, on 99 please!

Come on Broady!

Yep, I feel for you mate!

Guess you won't get a lie in Saturday as well? Tomorrow night I'm gonna stay up till 4 or 5ish watching the cricket, nice 7 hours kip then watch the match.

Yep, I feel for you mate!

Guess you won't get a lie in Saturday as well? Tomorrow night I'm gonna stay up till 4 or 5ish watching the cricket, nice 7 hours kip then watch the match.

No lie in Saturday, gonna get up with the kids so Bex has to get up Sunday with them, that way I can keep on drinking through to the boxing after the match with my mate who's coming round for the derby.

Gotta plan ahead!

When Australia were great they would bat 130+ overs in this situation and break the oppo bowlers... Never allowing them a chance to get back into the series.... I wonder if this side is even thinking along those lines...

Back
Top Bottom