• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ashes 2013-14

Oh well - At least England are consistent. A shoddy start to their first innings as tourists. It's Australia's test to lose now though. *checks weather forecast*

Disaster. 6 wickets for 9 runs. Unbelievable.

What the fuck has happened to priors batting in a year.

Well on the 'bright' side there is lots of rain forecast for the next few days.

The wonderful thing about test cricket is that England can still win the match from this position. There are 15 sessions in a test, and England just had a couple of bad ones. There are still 9 sessions to go, in the course of which England are capable of skittling the Aussies for a very low score, and putting in the batting performance that they are capable of in their second innings. :)

Edit: To show I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, I have just bet a tenner on England at 29/1. ;)

The wonderful thing about test cricket is that England can still win the match from this position. There are 15 sessions in a test, and England just had a couple of bad ones. There are still 9 sessions to go, in the course of which England are capable of skittling the Aussies for a very low score, and putting in the batting performance that they are capable of in their second innings. :)

You're much more optimistic that I!

It is of course possible, but I'd say without some weather intervention it's an extremely unlikely feat.

Serious question:

Was the Ashes not on in the summer ?

"The 2013 series is the first of two back-to-back Ashes series. With the intent of breaking the cycle of Ashes series being held directly before Cricket World Cups, the Ashes were brought forward in the schedule by one year, starting with the 2013–14 series in Australia."

"The 2013 series is the first of two back-to-back Ashes series. With the intent of breaking the cycle of Ashes series being held directly before Cricket World Cups, the Ashes were brought forward in the schedule by one year, starting with the 2013–14 series in Australia."

I suggest the answer to 99% of mystifying questions in sport is . . . . money. The Ashes get bums on seats.

Edit: To show I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, I have just bet a tenner on England at 29/1. ;)

If we are chasing less than 350 I agree. Not going to happen.

We blew it. How the hell did Lyons get two out.

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHA FUCKING LOL!!!

So where are all you smug cunts from yesterday then???? Crowed a touch early didn't you??? Indeed you did.

Skittled to shit by Mitchell Johnson and Nathan fucking Lyon! That's gotta hurt.

Lol at everyone of you.

Before the start of the series, Clarke was going around telling anybody who would listen that he is a much better captain than Cook. Cook is apparently an over-cautious plodder, while he, Clarke, is a much better captain, being bold and imaginative.

After Clarke was out for 1 run, the next bit of deliciousness would be if Cook has a big innings when it is England's turn to bat. ;-)

Cook is Ryan Harris' bunny.

Was it really Clarke that was bigging himself up. I thought it was Warne that was commenting on the two captaincy's. Seems a bit silly really when you consider the success that Cook has had and the somewhat dismal performance of the Aussies of late.

Anyway here is todays Brisbane Courier Mail. LOL what a bunch of bellends.

courier1.jpg

And here's today's. LOL.

BZrBa2sCMAA-la4.jpg:large

That day was a blast from the not to distant past, at least we had the excuse then that we were up against some of the greatest players of all time.

Cook, Trott and Prior are real worries now, what the fuck have they been doing the last 3 months? certainly doesn't look like its batting practice, same can be said for Root, Graeme Gooch isn't earning his money either, truly pathetic all round.

Mad to think just a couple of years ago our batsmen were scoring big tons for fun and posting 4/500 near on every match, hope this is a wake up call but really the last series should of been, the series result papered over a lot of below par individual performances, have a feeling this could get real messy.

In the home Ashes series in the summer, the Aussies had figured out the way to get the wickets of Cook and Trott. The standard pattern was for Cook and Trott to get out cheaply, and the middle-order batsmen - especially Bell - to come to the rescue and accumulate a winning score. Yesterday the middle order didn't do the business!

We were crowing after the first day's play, the Aussies are crowing today, but there are three days to go before we will know who was justifiably crowing! :)

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHA FUCKING LOL!!!

So where are all you smug cunts from yesterday then???? Crowed a touch early didn't you??? Indeed you did.

Skittled to shit by Mitchell Johnson and Nathan fucking Lyon! That's gotta hurt.

Lol at everyone of you.
LOL - Pipe down buttercup. Still 3 days to go and 4 more tests. England ALWAYS start foreign matches poorly. (as I believe I said before yesterdays debacle)

"Pipe down". From the guy who was lording it all over this thread yesterday after Day 1.

Back
Top Bottom