• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Atalanta (A) - EL QF - Thursday 20:00 BST

Those second half tactics by Klopp was absolutely horrendous. Promising 1st half. Crap second.

Btw, I’ll die on this hill. But 3 mins added after about 8 subs and a GK that spends 20-30 secs on the ball each time. Fuck off.

Just fix that time wasting shit. The 6 second rule for the GK is still valid. I hate watching it. Detest it. Wenger can fuck off with his blue cards and just fix the game so it flows more naturally. Hate it!

And yet again we simply could not play around/thru the Atalanta man-to-man marking and press. Some of this at least is on Klopp because tactically we were inept.

Those second half tactics by Klopp was absolutely horrendous. Promising 1st half. Crap second.

Btw, I’ll die on this hill. But 3 mins added after about 8 subs and a GK that spends 20-30 secs on the ball each time. Fuck off.

Just fix that time wasting shit. The 6 second rule for the GK is still valid. I hate watching it. Detest it. Wenger can fuck off with his blue cards and just fix the game so it flows more naturally. Hate it!
I feel you but this game could have gone on for 24 hours and we wouldn't score

Positives. Clean sheet. Fast start. Trent started like a man possessed. Won the game.

Negatives. Went flat after 25 minutes. Ran out of steam. Trent looked like he was possessed and needed an exorcist in the second half. SoBoss turned into full SoShite. Momo was right about Salah.
You're better than me, I can take not one positive from that game

They were just bigger and stronger than us in pretty much every 1 v 1 battle. They pressed us into BS passes.

Hence why we couldn't really get at them.

I don't think this sqaud is as good as people think it is.
They took a lot of chances though the way they defended. Left a lot of gaps in their defence and we exploited it several times in the first half. Problem is our players didn't take their chances. We weren't direct enough.

Ratings

Ali - 8 MoM
Trent - 8 first half 4 second
Ib - 6
VVD - 6
Robbo - 6
Mac - 5 he’s fucked
SoBoss - 4
Jones - 4
Salah - 3 and he gets 1 for the goal
Gakpo - 7
Diaz - 5

Klopp - 3

So you know all that waffle from Klopp about being happier to leave because the squad is in such a good place? Is it actually a load of shite?

The peak Klopp XI we all have in our heads, i wouldn’t swap a single player with the current side and the names that appear on both are worse now.

We’ve done really well to get this far but I’m not sure he’s handing the new manager a gift or a grenade.

That just showed up the deficiencies in our current squad, mentality and tactics. Predictable as much as it was ponderous and lacking in belief. After last weeks dismal effort any win here could've been a possible springboard for the run in but the manner of the performance and the second half in particular was so disheartening that I can't see them taking any positives from it at all.

Ratings

Ali - 8 MoM
Trent - 8 first half 4 second
Ib - 6
VVD - 6
Robbo - 6
Mac - 5 he’s fucked
SoBoss - 4
Jones - 4
Salah - 3 and he gets 1 for the goal
Gakpo - 7
Diaz - 5

Klopp - 3
Mostly agree with this. Bar Ali who literally had nothing to do (his one good save was offside) ! So a 6.5 for Ali.
Elliott a 3
Jota a 3
Nunez a 3

Back
Top Bottom