1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Balls on the Line

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Halmeister, Feb 5, 2019.

?

Will Liverpool win the league?

1. Fuck yeah!!!

36 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. No chance, Lance

31 vote(s)
    46.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Well-Known Member

Im just winding you up.

2. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

We don't appear to have enough talent in reserve to make up for the injuries, sickness and our best players out of form. If we can somehow click it back together in the next few games, with significant improvements from Salah, Alison, VVD and Firmino then we'll certainly run it very close. Improvement has to be instantaneous otherwise the players heads we'll go and will pass the title to city like a little bitch.

3. juniormember

juniormember Well-Known Member

How is it blind optimism by saying we can win the league? Not being able to come up with a reason?
    How about being 3 points in the lead at the top of the table in February? The negativity is tiring.

4. Ukrainian by marriage

Ukrainian by marriage Active Member

Fixed : No but some cunt will drag it up every day for the next couple of years in an internet argument   :)

5. Halmeister

Halmeister Some sort of pun about having a well known member Member

Do they give out the medals in Feb? You think we'll stay ahead of them? Why? The people who think they'll overhaul us have stated why.

6. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

Yes.

Why? Because!

7. juniormember

juniormember Well-Known Member

You’d be a fucking joy to talk about footy at the pub.

8. Glen C

Glen C Very Active Member

I obviously WANT us to win the league but my head is saying that the leics and west ham games have really fucked up our chance.  We had a genuine chance to put daylight between us and city and we blew it.  Right now we're struggling to get a draw let alone win matches.  3 points gap is nothing and we still have to play spurs, everton, chelsea and manure.

9. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Well-Known Member

Don’t they have to play those teams?

And the Ev? Haha they’re mentally broken.

10. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

No, I’ll never give up hope but then I’ve never thought we could with the squad we have.

We’ve missed Gomez.
    We’ve missed TAA
    Fuck we’ve even missed Clyne recently.

We simply doesn’t have the depth and that’s all there is to it.

We’ve dropped more points in 5 games than we dropped in 19.

Enough said.

11. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

We will win it. Solskjær is bound to hit a loosing strike sometime and then we will smoothly ease past them!!

12. Jerry Laser

Jerry Laser Very Active Member

Yes, just.....

1./ We have the easier run in, in terms of PL games we seem to have an easier run in on paper.... but that doesnt mean anything depending on form at the time.

2./ We have less games to play.

3./ Jurgen has done it before and knows how to win leagues in this position.

4./ We will be stronger in a month or 2 than we are now. We will get better in the run in.

5./ There is a bloody long way to go yet... if we had said we were 3 points ahead at this point at the beginning of the season we would be over the moon.

6./ 30 years since Hillsborough, Origi scoring in the 96th minute, some of the luck we have had this season.... Omens.

7./ Klopp has to win something at some point... law of averages

juniormember and Peatcheo like this.
  13. The Slugmonster

The Slugmonster Very Active Member

Beat Bournemouth, batter United and we'll get this mother f*cking show back on the road. We have a lovely run in by all accounts.

juniormember and momoWASboss like this.
  14. hmmmmm1

hmmmmm1 Very Active Member

The wheels have come off, injuries, loss of form, lost the lead, and no signings in Jan.

tomasjj likes this.
  15. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

I dont think those of us who believe we can win the title are basing it on blind optimism. So lets look at why we can win the fucking thing:

Fixtures:

I saw someone say City had the kinder fixtures. I dont agree with that.
    Our remaining fixtures:
    7 home games, 6 away games, 3 top six games, 2 of them home, 1 of them away.
    Avg. points of opponents: 31.9. (Which means that their average opposition is ranked 13th in the league in the remaining 13 fixtures).
    Bournemouth (h), Manchester United (a,) Watford (h), Everton (a), Burnley (h), Fulham (a), Spurs (h), Saints (a), Chelsea (h), Cardiff (a), Huddersfield (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h)

We also have two upcoming fixtures in the CL.

City:
    6 home games, 7 away games, 3 top six games, 2 of them home and 1 of them away.
    Avg. points of opponents: 33.5. (Which means that their average opposition is ranked 9th in the league in the remaining 13 fixtures).
    Everton (b), Chelsea (h), West Ham (h), Bournemouth (a), Watford (h), Manchester United (b), Fulham (b), Cardiff (h), Crystal Palace (a), Spurs (h), Burnley (a), Leicester (h), Brighton (a)

City are also in the FA cup, League cup final and CL.

Injuries:
    At the moment we are troubled by injuries to Lovren, Gomez, Ox, Trent, Gini and Hendo. No doubt that we are troubled by that now, but bar Ox and Gomez all of them are expected to return shortly.
    We're playing basically one game per week for the rest of the season.

City have a massive squad and can obviously rotate quite heavily in defence and attack. But lets not forget that they are extremely dependent on Fernandinho and dont have a replacement for him. The two games he missed, they lost.
    They'll be hoping for an inury free run in for their key players as well.
    They might be playing a lot of more games than us, and even though they have a bigger squad the intensity might show its toll at the end of the season.

The first 25 games of the season:
    We're top after the first 25 games. Lost once and are in the lead with 3 points. That isnt a blip. Thats the form of champions. Nevermind the last two games or the last few games. Riddled with illness, injuries, makeshift defense and midfield.
    But the first 25 games have given us 62 points.

All in all:
    The last two games have set us back, but has it ended our title charge? Cause it hasnt. We're still top. Probably second after tonight, but with a game in hand.
    No one in their right set of mind would give up now. We have a fantastic chance to win the whole fucking thing.
    Will we do it? God knows. But it will be close, and it will be a nail biting ending. It always is.
    Does City have the upper hand? No. They are 3 points behind us.
    Looking at the fixtures list, the key players coming back shortly from injury and the first 25 games we've played this season. We can win it.
    Its not blind optimism, its the impression we're left with after the first 25 games and with the last 13 to go.

Keep the faith.

16. Brizzle

Brizzle Well-Known Member

The concern and the reason i've had a weird 'hope is lost' feeling this week is that we know City are capable of 18 wins on the bounce. No matter what their past form is, we know they can do it. However - they are even more rattled than us. They are dropping points left right and centre - I think we have to assume this will continue and if it does I think any larger gap than 4 points will see Pep focus on the cups, and especially the CL. We need to hope they actually get a tough draw in the next round to force them to have to keep putting out their first XI and risk fatigue to Fernandino and some of the other ageing stars like David Silva & Agureo.

17. Molbystwin

Molbystwin Well-Known Member

I don't know if we will or if we won't but I do know we will fucking keep trying and perhaps if we calm down a bit and get behind em...

City have also a tendency to drop points by the way...

I don't think the players are "bottling" it at all but a number of fans are... desperation is a terrible thing...

I still think we are fucking nifty.

18. Y1

Y1 Klopp Kop Member

Fantastic should we finally get the big one (EPL). But if not, LFC will still be my team. Come on you Redsssss. Just enjoying the process and ignoring all the scums and our meltdown.

19. Raz

Raz Very Active Member

Will we fuck. This is the game i am dreading most. A hiding is likely.

20. tomasjj

tomasjj Very Active Member

I cannot wait until we play united. Their defence is shit, and he has been riding a lucky wave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.