• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barca Fucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of these selling clubs have any sense about them they’ll be asking for bank or similar guarantees of the transfer instalments, although there’s also some level of insurance in that clubs can get kicked out of European competition if they have any “overdue payables” - ie payments due to other European clubs.

If any of these selling clubs have any sense about them they’ll be asking for bank or similar guarantees of the transfer instalments, although there’s also some level of insurance in that clubs can get kicked out of European competition if they have any “overdue payables” - ie payments due to other European clubs.

"can get" kicked out. Then they would make exceptions for big clubs that "belong there", like Barca.

"can get" kicked out. Then they would make exceptions for big clubs that "belong there", like Barca.
Generally speaking, clubs take these things seriously. I'm not aware of a major club being banned (some Portuguese clubs and mid-tier Spanish clubs were certainly threatened with it), but whether that's because the big clubs haven't breached the rules or because UEFA have bottled it is a good question that I can't really answer. That's why I say "some level of insurance", and there's also the fact that a European football ban has no impact on clubs that never get into Europe (or don't generate much income from doing so).

How in the world is a club allowed to spend €45 million on a player when they actually owe an existing player wages?????

@Beamrider - what would happen if a club defaulted on a transfer fee - would the player registration revert back to the selling club or some sort of “transfer ban”.

I guess the player could claim to rip up their contract and walk away on a free if they weren’t paid their wages.

I wonder if Barca did a “Rangers” and folded, would the Spanish FA do what the FA did and make them start from the bottom or, more likely, allow them to just continue as normal.

How in the world is a club allowed to spend €45 million on a player when they actually owe an existing player wages?????

My understanding is that some players agree to defer part of their wages, in effect restructuring their contracts. It not that they haven't paid him all year, it's that they are carrying 50% of his wages as a liability on the balance sheet. He doesntbget to review every signing just cos they owe him back money.

@Beamrider - what would happen if a club defaulted on a transfer fee - would the player registration revert back to the selling club or some sort of “transfer ban”.

I guess the player could claim to rip up their contract and walk away on a free if they weren’t paid their wages.

I wonder if Barca did a “Rangers” and folded, would the Spanish FA do what the FA did and make them start from the bottom or, more likely, allow them to just continue as normal.
I honestly don’t know on the unpaid transfer fee aspect as I’ve never seen it happen. I think the only circumstances where that would happen are if a club goes bust. If they remain solvent, then the selling club can sue and it’s pretty much guaranteed that they would win as the contracts aren’t complicated. If the buying club is in European competition then the seller could appeal to UEFA and they would deduct the amount due from any media payments due to the buyer. The same would happen between Premier League clubs and I’d imagine clubs outside the league would be able to claim via that mechanism too.
In the event of an insolvency, it’s normal creditor procedures for claims, but in England and Wales there is a priority for “football creditors”, so debts to other clubs get paid before HMRC for example (not sure if Scottish law is different on that point). If the club is dissolved, it’s hard cheese if there isn’t enough money to pay the transfer fees and the players are released as free agents - I believe there is no claim for them to go back to their selling clubs. But if a club only goes into administration )or goes into admin before it is subsequently dissolved), the administrator can sell the players and use the proceeds to discharge any debts. In that situation, the seller might try to claim priority over the transfer funds, but I’m not sure whether that point has ever been tested. You’d probably find if you did a bit of digging around what happened with the lines of Bury that there may be some press articles that cover this kind of stuff. I never saw it in practice.
Players can claim to void their contracts. Not sure of the rules in Spain but in England they can claim if they’ve missed a few salary payments - we would never get to the level of arrears that we’re seeing with the Barca players, but then players here are generally paid monthly whereas they tend to pay twice a year in Spain.

But it's a total piss take. It's like lending money to your boss to keep the business going and him rolling up in a new Tesla telling you he's landed a new deal and you're fired.

It is indeed a pisstake, but it's funny watching them become a laughingstock

Man U fans believe the de Jong farrago is just posturing. He’ll eventually end up at Old Crapford.

Man U fans believe the de Jong farrago is just posturing. He’ll eventually end up at Old Crapford.

He may well, because it's pretty clear that Barcelona want him out the door to get the transfer fee. "Posturing" my sphincter, though. They're trying to convince themselves, and failing.

One thing is signing players after selling 10% of their TV rights, which is weird in its own. But getting these new players registered for the new La Liga season is were its going to get difficult. Its were it all went wrong with Messi for them and any club interested in one of their fringe players should wait and see regarding this outcome. Might be some pretty decent players going for small fees.

Aguero having to retire freed up 230k per week for them.

Rich and powerful getting away with murder – I have no clue where you could have gotten that idea.

Stateside it always amazes me. Political leaders will do things that are wrong, and most often illegal. And it might get overturned. Rarely gets punished.

Their punishment is reputational. Maybe Financial with fines etc.

One thing is signing players after selling 10% of their TV rights, which is weird in its own. But getting these new players registered for the new La Liga season is were its going to get difficult. Its were it all went wrong with Messi for them and any club interested in one of their fringe players should wait and see regarding this outcome. Might be some pretty decent players going for small fees.

Aguero having to retire freed up 230k per week for them.

Late bid for Gavi's Ma

It feels wrong to be agreeing with Neville, but he's right about this.
Occasionally he says things we all have to agree with. Like this, for example

Neville-quote-teaser.jpg

and then ...

2560.jpg

Even knowing that they are fucked financially they continue to act with impunity. As if there are no consequences to their hubris and stupidity. Bad combination by the way. Time for them to just fuck off I’m afraid. At least until the next oil sheik bails the cunts out.

Fucking hell, I’ve never seen anything like this in all my years watching football - not at the very top level of the game at least. Someone stop this madness. They will implode and put several players’ careers in limbo and maybe even do long-term damage to football.

Even knowing that they are fucked financially they continue to act with impunity. As if there are no consequences to their hubris and stupidity. Bad combination by the way. Time for them to just fuck off I’m afraid. At least until the next oil sheik bails the cunts out.
It's good for their careers.. if they leave.. and leave all the money they are owed legally.. to Barcelona.

Didn't you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom