• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barcelona in crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Express reporting Barca are keen to offload Coutinho and will take less than 80 million

He wouldn't be getting talked about as an 80 million player if we hadn't sold him for so much. He can't get in the Barca or Bayern teams. Surely that puts a ceiling of approx 50 on his value? Would love him to go to Manure and be total shit

Express reporting Barca are keen to offload Coutinho and will take less than 80 million
He’s less significantly than that amount if you take into account he’s only ever really thrived at Liverpool. At every other big club he’s been borderline ordinary.

Last edited:
He’s less significantly less than that amount if you take into account he’s only ever really thrived at Liverpool. At every other big club he’s been borderline ordinary.
Really ? He's played 26 games for Bayern this season and has scored 7 goals with 8 assists. Pretty damn good. I thought the only reason Bayern are going to return him at the end of the season is because they can't afford him.

His average ratings on WhoScored (where anything above 7.0 is ace) by position are : 7.59, 7.18, 10.0, 6.61 (ave. score when coming on as a sub), 8.27 (1 game) & 8.08 (also 1 game). His average rating in the BL is 7.28, CL 7.56 and in the Copa America 7.73. That looks very very far from ordinary !

Really ? He's played 26 games for Bayern this season and has scored 7 goals with 8 assists. Pretty damn good. I thought the only reason Bayern are going to return him at the end of the season is because they can't afford him.

His average ratings on WhoScored (where anything above 7.0 is ace) by position are : 7.59, 7.18, 10.0, 6.61 (ave. score when coming on as a sub), 8.27 (1 game) & 8.08 (also 1 game). His average rating in the BL is 7.28, CL 7.56 and in the Copa America 7.73. That looks very very far from ordinary !
So why is he not playing as regularly, then? The [naked] total number of goals and assists in themselves do not tell the full story. As I recall, he scored 4 of those goals back in September, 3 against Werder Bremen and 1 against Cologne.

Nah, he's been ordinary.

So why is he not playing as regularly, then? The [naked] total number of goals and assists in themselves do not tell the full story. As I recall, he scored 4 of those goals back in September, 3 against Werder Bremen and 1 against Cologne.

Nah, he's been ordinary.
So how many games of his at Bayern have you seen then ?

Coutinho has been decent at Bayern.

But the problem is he was brought in by Bayern to set the league alight - a marquee signing - and he's hardly met those expectations.

Having said that Bayern overall have been sub par for most of the season so it's harsh to say Coutinho hasn't delivered the goods when there's far worse performers in that squad right now.

Italy : I'd love to see Lazio win the title - just a point between the three.
Germany : 6 teams still in with a realistic chance. That was a great result for RBL.

Italy : I'd love to see Lazio win the title - just a point between the three.
Germany : 6 teams still in with a realistic chance. That was a great result for RBL.
6 teams ? That sounds too amazing, it will go to Bayern in the end, but the whole thing is probably a fixed drama to make that league look competitive when we all know it aint

Was just about to post that but yep, Suarez and Debelle out for the season. Leaves them with Messi, Greizmann and fatty

The whole Coutinho saga is bizarre for me.

They're reportedly ready to cut their losses for him in summer and accept a bid of around half what they paid.

Coutinho is happy to see his former team-mates in such thrilling form, but says he does not think about what might have happened had he stayed.

“Liverpool is flying, and it doesn’t surprise me," he told Sports Illustrated . "We’ve seen it already last year when they won the Champions League, but I’m also not surprised because of their fantastic squad and manager.

"I am so happy for them, because I have so many friends there, former team-mates, so I’m just so happy for them, but that’s all.

"I don’t look back. I took another path, and now I am on another journey, much like everyone else. I’m focused entirely – just like them – on reaching my dreams. I’m happy with what I did in the past, and now I can only look forward.”

Doesn't seem salty.

Dembele confirmed out for 6 months with hamstring injury.

Crisis mode at Barca now.

They are now trying to get special dispensation from the Spanish FA to sign a striker despite the transfer window being closed.

They are now trying to get special dispensation from the Spanish FA to sign a striker despite the transfer window being closed.

LOL. Why do they think they’re entitled to having rules changed specifically for them? It was their fault for having poor planning and recruitment strategy.

La liga does actually have that rule in place.

It's doubly ridiculous, cos they can only buy a player from la liga or their second division, & the team they buy from can't buy to replace that player.

That league is so weighted towards giving Barca & Real an extra advantage its untrue.

Was just about to post that but yep, Suarez and Debelle out for the season. Leaves them with Messi, Greizmann and fatty
However Barca have applied to the Spanish federation to get permission to buy outside of the transfer window. Unless the federation are based in Madrid and they are still sore at the attempted Catalan independence movement they'll likely give it too.

Although, wasn't a good 40 million of Coutinho's transfer based on add-ons that he now has no chance of fulfilling?

Depending on what formation they play, they have Messi, Griezmann, fatty and Arthur that can all play up front/wide forward, I'm not sure what their problem is. A lot or teams would kill to play a 442 style formation with Messi playing off Griezmann at the top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom