• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barcelona in crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Arthur can play up front. He is a midfielder.

Unless they stick Roberto or Semedo wide right, they're down to random B team players.

Pretty damning indictment of their recent recruitment strategy.

How can you have a 140m midfielder / forward on loan yet be trying to invoke emergency measures to sign someone.

Obviously they’ve given up on Phil and are looking to boost his value through a loan but it just looks ridiculous.

How can you have a 140m midfielder / forward on loan yet be trying to invoke emergency measures to sign someone.

Obviously they’ve given up on Phil and are looking to boost his value through a loan but it just looks ridiculous.

I still don't understand how it's gone so wrong.

Although, wasn't a good 40 million of Coutinho's transfer based on add-ons that he now has no chance of fulfilling?
Apparently we sold on those add ons to some investment firm for something close to £30m
They gambled that they would get more than that from Barca.
We presumably weren't so confident.
It all sounds very bizarre but is apparently true

La liga does actually have that rule in place.

It's doubly ridiculous, cos they can only buy a player from la liga or their second division, & the team they buy from can't buy to replace that player.

That league is so weighted towards giving Barca & Real an extra advantage its untrue.

That's crazy, I've never liked that or emergency loans. Promote a reverse our youth team player. Tough shit.

Wow . Michael Zorc must be masturbating to a statue of himself right now. That deal was absolute robbery

I still don't understand how it's gone so wrong.

Yeah, it’s remarkable, isn’t it? Looks like suddenly losing Neymar in his prime sent them into a tail-spin - they panic-bought Dembele, then tried to replace Neymar with Coutinho (who Messi and Suarez wanted in the team), then with Griezmann (whom they didn’t). With each of these mega-buys not working out for one reason or another, this is suddenly starting to feel like a recurring nightmare as they are drifting further and further away from the awe-inspiring team they used to be.

Whatever happened to Barcelona's famed La Masia academy?

Surely it's better for them to just bite the bullet and promote an academy player & save 20m on a player they will surely not be able to offload at a profit or break even at the least?

[article]FC Barcelona hired the services of the company I3 Ventures, according to the show ‘Què t’hi jugues’ on SER Catalunya, to help protect president Josep Maria Bartomeu's reputation and damage the image of other people and entities related to the club.

The report explains that I3 Ventures administer a number of accounts on Facebook and Twitter that have published posts with the objective of attacking players such as Lionel Messi and Gerard Pique.

They have also published content critical in nature of club legends Pep Guardiola, Xavi Hernandez and Carles Puyol, as well as potential club presidents Victor Font, Joan Laporta and Agusti Benedito. [/article]

Whatever happened to Barcelona's famed La Masia academy?

Surely it's better for them to just bite the bullet and promote an academy player & save 20m on a player they will surely not be able to offload at a profit or break even at the least?

It's funny, Barcelona actually sold/loaned out 2 promising young forwards in the January transfer window, because they thought Dembele was on his way to recovery. After the window closed, it turned out he had a set-back and is now out for the season.

They also have the likes of Malcolm, Paco Alcacer, Rafinha and obviously Coutinho on loans at various clubs – more than enough to fill their gaps in attack if they planned things out better.

It's funny, Barcelona actually sold/loaned out 2 promising young forwards in the January transfer window, because they thought Dembele was on his way to recovery. After the window closed, it turned out he had a set-back and is now out for the season.

They also have the likes of Malcolm, Paco Alcacer, Rafinha and obviously Coutinho on loans at various clubs – more than enough to fill their gaps in attack if they planned things out better.
If I was cynical (which I am) I'd suspect that they knew the long term prognosis wasn't great for Dembele & loaned them out to force this ruling because they didn't think the younger players would be good enough for them right now.

If I was cynical (which I am) I'd suspect that they knew the long term prognosis wasn't great for Dembele & loaned them out to force this ruling because they didn't think the younger players would be good enough for them right now.

Why not just sign somebody in the January transfer window then?

You can't sign a new player when you cashed in on your star striker. That would be nuts. Fuck them greedy bastards.
They didn't cash in. Barca forced them to sell by paying the minimum fee release clause, which they legally have to include in the contract in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom