• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barcelona vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like father like son

f0dcb6d116ab8ef97629acda9272341d.jpg

Watched them last night vs Levante, they were pretty lethargic. Rested Messi, he came on and got the winner but he wasn't his usual self either in this game. As the league is as good as done we really do have to put everything into these 2 games.

Usually i would be obsessed with this competition but honestly I am having problems giving a fuck about this.

1) I wish I had a time machine as right now I only want to see how we did against Newcastle and then how City got on against Rodgers and Co.

2) Barcalona and Messi -- feels like old news now .. boring as fuck, like the same team as 20 years ago. Just consider them to be a European pest that needs stamping on. Before Year 2000 I think they only had like one European cup to their name.

Is it wrong that I'm thinking more about the Newcastle game?

It is really so wrong - but unlike our team and manager, we are just way below in our thinking. I think if I was a Liverpool player right now - I would be totally going mental - like really mental. Winning every week, but knowing it will most likely be for winning fuck all at the end of it, and then having to change my thinking because I have to play in a CL semi-final against Barca who have a player that many regard as the best ever. Fucking bollox.

I'm much more concerned with Suarez Vs TAA/Matip than I am with Messi Vs Robertson/VDD. Teams know the RB is our weak-spot defensively and you are able to get crosses or attack the box without too much hassle from the RB spot. They will target it without a doubt. Both TAA and Matip need to be extremely switched on.

Klopp is loving Naby and his defensive contributions. For me the question is who plays with him and Fabinho. I think it will be Hendo.

I think what is more likely is that we might see Gomez playing at RB against Coutinho - although equally we might ask Trent to attack knowing Philippe doesn't like to track back.

-----------Alisson------------
TAA--Matip--VVD--Robbo
------------Fabs---------------
------Hendo-----Keita--------
Salah----Firmino----Mane

How do you stop messi if turns up. If the barca players faff about at the back, we may have a chance and exploit the space behind alba. We still need to be in the tie for second leg

How do you stop messi if turns up. If the barca players faff about at the back, we may have a chance and exploit the space behind alba. We still need to be in the tie for second leg
If Messi turns up they could beat any team on Earth.

FWIW though, even if he was at his best there's a chance it'd turn into a mental game, like 4-3, as we'd have to forego some of the stability we've perfected & go hell for leather at them.

That's the beauty of playing them in a two legged game though, the chance of him being at his very best for both is very slim.

I think we're ideally suited to playing this Barca side tbh, & I'm much more excited than I am nervous.

If we haven't got a lead going into the second leg then I will be nervous for sure, cos then you face that danger of Messi being at his best, & then you could get beaten even if you're the better side simply by a moment or two of genius.

Milner starting would see a huge challenge go in on one of their front three within about 5 minutes.

can't wait to watch Virg and Leo take each other on.

If you sit back against barca you'll get fucked up the ass without any lube. Technically they are great but manure showed they are vulnerable to the press. When manure started pressing them they were giving the ball away a lot. I don't want us to sit back but have a fucking go. Their defence isn't great and messi is shit defensively. They will score at least 2 goals i reckon so we need to have a go to get an away goal.

Also they seem like very slow starters in a game.

I rate Gomez and am delighted to see him back, but I do not want him playing at RB. For me his RB play is not a patch on his performances at CB. Trent's maybe not the best defensive player we've ever had at RB but I for one don't think it'll help to put Gomez there.

I've been thinking this over, & I think he'll play both TAA & Robbo. Their pace will be a huge part of our play, & TAA pushing up will help keep Alba busy at least some of the time, & he's arguably the player we most want to keep quiet (yes I know, Messi, but you can't keep him quiet without stopping him getting the ball, so one begets the other).

Means we could well see a fair few changes against Newcastle though.

Klopp is loving Naby and his defensive contributions. For me the question is who plays with him and Fabinho. I think it will be Hendo.

I think what is more likely is that we might see Gomez playing at RB against Coutinho - although equally we might ask Trent to attack knowing Philippe doesn't like to track back.

-----------Alisson------------
TAA--Matip--VVD--Robbo
------------Fabs---------------
------Hendo-----Keita--------
Salah----Firmino----Mane

There's no way Wijnaldum doesn't start this

Someone needs to keep a leach on Messi.
Gini will start instead of Keita.
Hendo will probably get the nod over Milner.

I rate Gomez and am delighted to see him back, but I do not want him playing at RB. For me his RB play is not a patch on his performances at CB. Trent's maybe not the best defensive player we've ever had at RB but I for one don't think it'll help to put Gomez there.
Agree on Gomez not being put at RB. In fact I hate the idea of him playing that position. I actually think he is more likely to get a serious injury when he plays that position..he looks overly strained when making those RB runs compared to the way he plays and does some running as VVD's side kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom