• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bony is boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea of Bony and because Cloggy loves him. 'Bony Is Boss' has been a blurb on here for ages but, but.... I dunno if I want to shell out for him. I think I got it in my head that I wanted a shit hot top tier player, who ever that might be. If he comes, I'll support the hell out of him obviously. I haven't watched those video yet but they seem to be generating a bit of a buzz.

There is another possibility of course, considering Pearce says BR wants 4 strikers. If Borini is off we'll accept the Sunderland offer. Leaving us with Studge, Lambert, Bony and ... TBA, possibly the bigger signing we are looking for.

There is another possibility of course, considering Pearce says BR wants 4 strikers. If Borini is off we'll accept the Sunderland offer. Leaving us with Studge, Lambert, Bony and ... TBA, possibly the bigger signing we are looking for.
We won't spend £20m on a third choice, yet alone a 4th choice.

Not good enough. Depressing if we buy him. Can't we spend a chunk of money on someone who is proven at the very top level, who has competed regularly int he CL and will improve us? I really want to buy a player that shows we have serious intent to reclaim our top dog status. It's laudable that we are always buying young hungry and talented players, but we need a 'fuck you' signing.

Bound to happen me thinks. Forget Benzema unless Falcao arrives at Real. He may have a change of heart and hasn't signed the agreed contract extension yet. This story may yet have legs.

We should be looking for a better striker than Bony. He's mid-table club level, not a team looking to be regulars in the champions league and challenging for the title. It would be pretty disappointing going from suarez, to missing out on Sanchez and settling on Bony.

We should be looking for a better striker than Bony. He's mid-table club level, not a team looking to be regulars in the champions league and challenging for the title. It would be pretty disappointing going from suarez, to missing out on Sanchez and settling on Bony.

What makes you think Bony, who scored 25 goals for a very average Swansea side last season is nothing more than mid-table level? Sounds like a lazy dig tbh.

I'm officially in the Modo club, this is an awful signing.

We're definitely overpaying but he's clearly a good player

We should be getting these players before they come to the prem and we pay double the value though. Ditto Lovren

He scored a lot in the Dutch league and unlike most strikers, ACTUALLY scored a comparable amount in the Premier league at a WORSE club!

I wanted him last year due to the @cloggypop hype machine, but I want him more now i've actually seen what he can do.

Fuck me, tough crowd. Bony is a bloody good player. I'm sure some people expect us to be signing Falcao, Cavani, Zlatan, Rodriquez etal, you know, the people that wouldn't entertain coming to us as we're not glamorous enough or don't have oil baron owners that can pay them 300k a week.
People need to wake up, we're in the market for players around the 20mill mark, not the 60-80mill mark. And as far as 15-20mill strikers go, Bony is pretty good.

I like bony he's a good player and seems keen to join us which I like, but give me benzema all day long! If we can't get benzema then I'd be happy with bony.

If we wanted him last year Chelsea would have just bought him to be twats. They have first option at Vitesse.

"Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins is upset to have heard that Liverpool are talking to Wilfried Bony without making an official approach to the Welsh club first.
It is understood that representatives of the player and Liverpool have met to sound out if Bony, who moved to Swansea from Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem for £12million last summer, is interested in a move.
But Jenkins told Sportsmail: 'I have no idea about that. The only thing I'd say is I'm completely unaware of contact between Liverpool and myself.
'I was very surprised to hear and disappointed to hear that Liverpool had gone down that route and were talking to the player behind behind my club's back. I'm disappointed that Liverpool are acting in that manner. No official approach has been made to me or our football club.'
It is understood that Bony has a £19m release clause and is keen on a move to the Merseyside club "

is this move really happening or is he an option we are sounding out just incase ?

I'll never understand why it's such a bad thing to talk to a player before the club. It doesn't matter in other industries when employees are contracted to a company, so I don't understand why a deal is made about it in football.

some more quotes from him

"I have had no talks with Liverpool until now, and I would be very surprised if a club like Liverpool are doing any kind of negotiations with a player or player's agent behind our back," Jenkins told the Evening Post.
"I would have thought somebody from Liverpool would have been in touch if they are really interested in Wilfried.
"There's a way of doing things. I know things are different in this day and age, but the usual rule of thumb is that when you are trying to complete a transfer, you deal with a club first and then the player comes after that.
"That's the nature of the system."

We're definitely overpaying but he's clearly a good player

We should be getting these players before they come to the prem and we pay double the value though. Ditto Lovren

Then everyone complains that there not good enough or PL proven. It is really a lose-lose situation, unless we buy the 5-8 players in the world that all agree are top tier.

I can't actually remember when the club purchased one of those players. Torres was not yet in camp. Neither was Suarez. Going further back, I still struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom