• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Brighton Away - Pre Match Thread

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who should partner VVD if Lovren is injured (and no Matip or Gomez available)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous. No other manager was as vocal in stressing how Spurs suffered the most due to World Cup fatigue. Klopp defended Poch on several occasions about their early dodgy form. They're a paranoid lot.

It's like after the Wolves game, he said, as a minor remark, that the windy conditions hadn't been helpful, but that it had been a problem for both teams and Wolves deserved their win. That got turned into 'Klopp blames loss on the wind' and that escapee from the DJ's booth in Mr Byrite, Adrian Durham, screamed about him for about an hour in that toxic phone-in on TalkSport.
They think we've got a rivalry with them. We were vocal after the anfield game last year when Kane and lamela were tarts, and they've taken that to mean we're scared of them.

I'm more scared about our own bunch of bottlers, rather than their lot of bottlers

Why dont we change formation.....

Go 3 at the back.....

Fab... VVD..... Robbo

Then have TAA and Milner as wing backs.... I think Robbo and Fab could hold their own in a 3.

Ie:

--------------Alisson------------

---Fab------VVD-----Robbo--

TAA-----------------------Milner

--------------Hendo-------------

Salah------Shaq---------Mane

-------------Bobby---------------

Boooom

If you go 3-5-2 then surely Robbo is an ideal wing back

Truth hurts. They know our guy is right, they've also picked up the point he's hinting at (namely that even with a more favourable injury situation they're still behind us) and they don't like it one tiny little bit. Oh dear how sad never mind.

Nah just like our fans jump on Pep for saying the same. They’ve had loads of injuries arguably more so than ours

They think we've got a rivalry with them. We were vocal after the anfield game last year when Kane and lamela were tarts, and they've taken that to mean we're scared of them.

I'm more scared about our own bunch of bottlers, rather than their lot of bottlers

I think they just hate us like most teams anywhere near success as a hang over from all our success from the 80’s

Nah just like our fans jump on Pep for saying the same. They’ve had loads of injuries arguably more so than ours

Hooey. Not all these interventions are automatically the same. We blasted Pep because he was chatting sh!te. They haven't had a whole string of injuries in the same position.

But then the only real question here was how long it would take you to try and talk us down again. You're the forum's Mark piggin Lawrenson.

Hooey. Not all these interventions are automatically the same. We blasted Pep because he was chatting sh!te. They haven't had a whole string of injuries in the same position.

But then the only real question here was how long it would take you to try and talk us down again. You're the forum's Mark piggin Lawrenson.

They lost their three best players for a decent length of time, their best player for half season. It’s not talking us down it’s stating facts.

We have been unbelievable, better than any Liverpool side ever. Not jumping on the we haven’t been lucky with injuries bandwagon doesn’t mean I’m talking us down.

I’d still give Klopp and the team 10:10 so far this season. It’s insanely good.

He went to different games where they had to win or he was off to the military didn’t he?
Not quite so. He's played in more games than Ali and only Eriksen, Moura and Kane have played more, Kane the most and Son's only 5 short of him, 2 short of Eriksen). Don't forget early season Son wasn't in favour, Lucas Moura was and Moura has still played in more games than anyone bar Kane (21-19).

Not quite so. He's played in more games than Ali and only Eriksen, Moura and Kane have played more, Kane the most and Son's only 5 short of him, 2 short of Eriksen). Don't forget early season Son wasn't in favour, Lucas Moura was and Moura has still played in more games than anyone bar Kane (21-19).

That’s a diffeeent arguement though. He was still unavailable for games.

They lost their three best players for a decent length of time, their best player for half season. It’s not talking us down it’s stating facts.

We have been unbelievable, better than any Liverpool side ever. Not jumping on the we haven’t been lucky with injuries bandwagon doesn’t mean I’m talking us down.

I’d still give Klopp and the team 10:10 so far this season. It’s insanely good.
Who are these 3 best players ? We're 21 games in and Aguero has played in 17 of them, David Silva in 19 and Fernandinho in 19, Sane 19, Sterling 18 and B. Silva 20. So who the hell are these three best players they lost for a decent length of time ?

EDIT. OK Momo has told me my adled brain forgot KdB. He's one.

Last edited:
That’s a diffeeent arguement though. He was still unavailable for games.
Very very few. Asian Games were 18 August to 2 September 2018. He missed 3 games - which is what is shown in his appearances record. And again, he was on the bench and not playing initially, with Lucas Moura preferred. We can't really talk about a team having players missing if they are not playing them.

He was on the bench for their first game of the season. Then I assume he missed Fulham, United and Watford (because he was not on their team sheets) but was back on the bench for their next game against us (after the Asian Games). He didn't score until mid-October.

KDB who is the best player of all time. Get with the program.

This is despite city’s record with him being pretty similar to when they don’t play with him.
Fuck . I forgot all about him ! OK he's one of the three. But they certainly didn't lose their best three players for 'a decent length of time'.

Who are these 3 best players ? We're 21 games in and Aguero has played in 17 of them, David Silva in 19 and Fernandinho in 19, Sane 19, Sterling 18 and B. Silva 20. So who the hell are these three best players they lost for a decent length of time ?

EDIT. OK Momo has told me my adled brain forgot KdB. He's one.

KDB - best player by a mile missed has started exactly 1 game from 21. (That alone dwarfs our injuries

David Silva - arguably their most important creative force in KDB absence has started 11 games of 21

Ageuro - the best striker in the league by a mile has started 16 missing 4 games completely

Then you add in their only proper left back Mendy missing 12 games, their captain and leader Kompany missing 12 games as well you can see why they have it way tougher in terms of injuries to key players.

Fuck them and their money like but to say we have had similar injuries woes is ludicrous and me stating it doesn’t mean I’m putting us down.

Like I’ve said this the best start this club had ever had it’s incredible. But we are lucky VVD, Salah, Allison, Robbo,Mane and Firmino have been virtually ever presents

Very very few. Asian Games were 18 August to 2 September 2018. He missed 3 games - which is what is shown in his appearances record. And again, he was on the bench and not playing initially, with Lucas Moura preferred. We can't really talk about a team having players missing if they are not playing them.

He was on the bench for their first game of the season. Then I assume he missed Fulham, United and Watford (because he was not on their team sheets) but was back on the bench for their next game against us (after the Asian Games). He didn't score until mid-October.

He was rested

Kompany has missed large parts of every season, so more fool them if they're unable to adequately replace him with his injury record and their money.

They can replace Aguero with Jesus, they've got quality in every position, at least twice over.

Gomez has made 18 appearances, Lovren 13 and Matip 11, compared with VVD's 27, so we've had one centre back available consistently across the season. With two of them playing in only half the number of games as our ever present CB.

As for Mendy being their only recognisable left back, Laporte has made more appearances than anyone this season, and they've had Delph and Zinchenko who can play there too. That's more options than we have in any fullback position.

Kompany has missed large parts of every season, so more fool them if they're unable to adequately replace him with his injury record and their money.

They can replace Aguero with Jesus, they've got quality in every position, at least twice over.

Gomez has made 18 appearances, Lovren 13 and Matip 11, compared with VVD's 27, so we've had one centre back available consistently across the season. With two of them playing in only half the number of games as our ever present CB.

As for Mendy being their only recognisable left back, Laporte has made more appearances than anyone this season, and they've had Delph and Zinchenko who can play there too. That's more options than we have in any fullback position.

Oh I agree 100% they have lots of cover but it doesn’t change the fact they have had bigger injuries to more important players. That’s all I was showing.

If you were to pick our 5/6 most important players for each respective team and compare.

VVD, Allison, Salah, Robertson, Firmino, Mane. They’ve started 118/126

Compare that with

KDB, D. Silva, Ageuro, Fernandinho, Laporte and Sterling.

They have 88/126 starts

He’s gone. Class player and only 31

He's unbelievable at holding onto the ball and have that short burst of speed to take him away from players trying to pressure him.

Great player when fit but have not been able to stay fit. He used to be sparingly used once a week against strong opponents, even that he was often substituted.

They seem to have successfully replaced him with Sissoko though.

KDB - best player by a mile missed has started exactly 1 game from 21. (That alone dwarfs our injuries

David Silva - arguably their most important creative force in KDB absence has started 11 games of 21

Ageuro - the best striker in the league by a mile has started 16 missing 4 games completely

Then you add in their only proper left back Mendy missing 12 games, their captain and leader Kompany missing 12 games as well you can see why they have it way tougher in terms of injuries to key players.

Fuck them and their money like but to say we have had similar injuries woes is ludicrous and me stating it doesn’t mean I’m putting us down.

Like I’ve said this the best start this club had ever had it’s incredible. But we are lucky VVD, Salah, Allison, Robbo,Mane and Firmino have been virtually ever presents
I didn't compare our injuries to theirs. Not sure where you dragged that idea up from. And let's be clear, not playing due to rotation isn't an 'injury'.

Kompany isn't the Kompany of old, so I think that's padding. And most people rate Robbo much higher than Mendy (as do I) who tends to be a liability at the back, it's not like they actually need him in midfield/attack. Guardiola actually prefers Laporte anyway for the big matches.
How many games have they won without KdB ? Like they actually miss him.
Aguero's been a part of 17 (not 16) of their 21 games so has not been 'a miss'.

If you want to pick at the bones then let's look at the games they lost/drew:
Leicester - Lost : KdB & Aguero both started the match.
Crystal Palace - Lost : Guardiola rotated the team and both Aguero and KdB were on the bench. It backfired.
Chelsea - Lost: both Silvas, Fernandinho, Sterling, Sane etc. started. You may say he missed Aguero and Kdb here but he left Jesus on the bench and tried to beat them with tactics and an insanely strong midfield - it backfired.
Wolves - Drew : strong team including Aguero, D.Silva and Kompany.
Liverpool - Drew : Mendy, both Silvas, Fernandinho, Aguero all started and Kompany was on the bench. Barring KdB probably the strongest lineup they have.

So clearly the majority of games where Aguero, David Silva or KdB were missing ... they still won !

Let's not shed tears for a club that has spent over 1 billion pounds on players in recent years. I really really hope we beat these fuckers to the title.

Last edited:
Oh I agree 100% they have lots of cover but it doesn’t change the fact they have had bigger injuries to more important players. That’s all I was showing.

If you were to pick our 5/6 most important players for each respective team and compare.

VVD, Allison, Salah, Robertson, Firmino, Mane. They’ve started 118/126

Compare that with

KDB, D. Silva, Ageuro, Fernandinho, Laporte and Sterling.

They have 88/126 starts
But that's a pointless comparison when a team has top quality cover in every position because it affects them far less.

He's unbelievable at holding onto the ball and have that short burst of speed to take him away from players trying to pressure him.

Great player when fit but have not been able to stay fit. He used to be sparingly used once a week against strong opponents, even that he was often substituted.

They seem to have successfully replaced him with Sissoko though.

Jenas was saying he was the best dribblier of the ball when he was there and that he was the best day in day out trainer. 3 years ago I’d have loved him here but he has seemed to have dropped off

Who gives a fuck about their injuries anyway, concentrate on us.

Rumoured team: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, van Dijk, Robertson; Keita, Wijnaldum, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Who gives a fuck about their injuries anyway, concentrate on us.

Rumoured team: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, van Dijk, Robertson; Keita, Wijnaldum, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Excellent team should get it done. Only worry is Dunk, Duffy and Murray on set pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom