• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he's not, actually. He's less lively than usual, that's part of the problem. He's probably knackered but had to play, but he's still the captain out there.
I kind of meant his 3rd match in a week... its just too much.

Minamino just looks like a little kid playing with adults. He's so physically unimposing that even trying as hard as he seems to be there's no way he looks like having an impact. Some players can overcome physical deficiencies with pace or great skill but he hasn't shown either of those qualities sadly.

I give them quite a lot of leeway, because half of them are over-played, the other half are either under-played or just doing their best to fill-in, and, thanks in part to our wonderful fans, we have a young RB whose confidence is absolutely shot. So it's hardly a shock horror surprise. But somehow we need to improve in the second half. Hendo needs to come on, then we can see what else needs changing. I don't want Mane on unless it's vital, he needs the break.

Genuine question - how could fans affect Williams' confidence? Unless he reads message boards?

At this rate with VAR it was better when you got the odd dodgy penalty or offside desicion for or against you. The game is balancing on getting ruined with the offside lines, handball and clear and obvious.
Shite.

The fucking state of the VAR tech

I'm confident a flagship smartphone could enhance a still from video it's captured better then the fucking potato the prem use
The fact that they're using lines to judge incidents when there's no way of knowing that it's the right frame (& odds suggest that it's almost certainly always not gonna be the right one cos there's not enough of them!), it's beyond a fucking joke.

Get 240fps cameras set up, & then use lines.

Until then, have the var refs review it once by eye & make a decision.

At the moment it is midfield where we are losing it, not getting it to our forwards in the right positions and not preventing the defence being put under such pressure.

Hendo needs to come on ... I thought this one match too far for Millie with 3 games in a week, he looks knackered, mentally as well as physically.

We're giving our players some much needed rest but Mane should come on after an hour. Minamino needs to have some sort of influence because at the moment he's not having any positive effect.

Yeah, this is just a continuation of the Atalanta game in many ways. It's frustrating because we started really well and then Brighton just worked out they could punt the ball forward and get in easily and we lost any sense of composure.

The unfortunately reality is that the team we're able to put out is tired and not that good.

Milner can't be starting 2/3 games a week. Gini is super reliable but he's generally not someone that you look to to take charge. And Minamino just looks lost. And then there's the defence.

i don’t want to batter the guy but it feels a bit like nobody wants to pass to him unless they have no other option
Was think that myself... He offten finds himself in plenty of space but never seems to get the ball.You can tell if you watch me that he is a good player, yes a little weak on the ball, but none the less a,good player.

As hard as it sounds I would take him off.

What is the point of him being on the pitch if he is not going to be passed too..?
Think also that we need to send him out on loan where he gets regular game were he is used in midfield and can get on the ball more

Neco Williams just doesn’t have either speed or positional sense to play that role. Not sure if more game time can help with just being the slowest player in the squad.

He does have the speed. As I said, his confidence is absolutely rock bottom. An example: his natural reaction to getting the ball is to bomb forward. Here he controls the ball and plays it inside or back and then clearly doesn't want it back. That's nothing to do with lack of pace.

midfield needs sorting to take pressure of the defense and to link play

milner should go off
we should also let minamino play further forward

midfield needs sorting to take pressure of the defense and to link play

milner should go off
we should also let minamino play further forward
He can't. This is the same problem we had when we played Jota ( or was it Firmino ) at the head of midfield. We were simply over run because Firmino / Jota / Minamino aren't midfielders.

So is Hendo coming on for Millie or Mini?

He does have the speed. As I said, his confidence is absolutely rock bottom. An example: his natural reaction to getting the ball is to bomb forward. Here he controls the ball and plays it inside or back and then clearly doesn't want it back. That's nothing to do with lack of pace.

I don't know much about his background but he seems a bit like a converted winger / midfielder. He's got a bit of pace and is clearly very comfortable on the ball and playing in the attacking phase.

If he could channel his energy and become more focused tactically then I'd imagine he could turn into a decent player. At the moment he's just all over the place whenever he plays though and it's hard to watch.

If I had just been told we have two kids joining the first team, I'd have picked Minamino to be one of them. He's been dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom