• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bring him back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jr.Windever's going to trip over himself, running to co-sign this suggestion.

Count me in too. The only thing I wonder about is whether the terms of the loan agreement would allow it.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=47361.msg1419873#msg1419873 date=1320062756]
Count me in too. The only thing I wonder about is whether the terms of the loan agreement would allow it.
[/quote]

I thought there was some way that we could get him back after a certain period of time? Can't remember the details.

It was only a three month deal but I remember someone saying there was a provision for us to bring him back early if needed

Im in bring him back, cant believe we let him go considering aqua and ming were on the way out and Gerrard was a serious injury doubt for the season. Kenny should be looking at bringing him back as soon as possible, if now is not an option then january must be, Gerrard clearly isnt going to play a full season anymore and Shelvey gives us an option that Lucas Henderson and Adam dont, he has confidence on the ball and always looks for a pass, in time i think he will be a better player than Henderson

he needs minutes ...if he comes back to us then i doubt he'll get them . Rightly or wrongly , Lucas , Adam , Spearing and even henderson are ahead of him for centre mid positions.

Oh and I saw 3 mins of that game which was enough to see him play a woeful blind pass that put his team in all sorts of trouble. It's not a big deal , the best make mistakes ....i just think he'll benefit more from some playing experience there

If we're looking at Jonjo to be our saviour then we really are fucked. Leave him where he is and let him get some football. Henderson will have to take more responsibility if he gets the chance to play central.

[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=47361.msg1419888#msg1419888 date=1320063685]
If we're looking at Jonjo to be our saviour then we really are fucked. Leave him where he is and let him get some football. Henderson will have to take more responsibility if he gets the chance to play central.
[/quote]

We have 3 midfielders and we play a 3 man midfield a lot of the time, its pretty certain he would get minutes, not first name on the teamsheet but this was one of the things we loved about Kenny last season, his faith in the young players his willingness to let them show what they could do and sink or swim. Shelvey to me doesnt look like a player who is intimidated playing in the first team. I didnt think he should have been loaned in the first place, id bring him back at the next available opportunity, Gerrard will clearly need to be managed from now on, Henderson is still developing, Lucas only offers a limited amount and Adam only has about 60 minutes in him.

I wish we could recall Aquilani and that he wants back. MoM against Roma. He IS fantastic in Seria A and I can´t understand why he wouldn´t be able to be that in the epl. But yeah, Shelvey would be a good second choice.

It's no coincidence that Henderson came out with his wish to be a 'playmaker' on the official website before they announced the seriousness of Gerrard's latest illness. Not that it will do much do alleviate our fans fears.

The question now is: do we go into a midfield three to get the best out of Henderson, or instead do we stay with 4-4-2 and give Carroll the run of games he requires? Any other options require moving Suarez out to the flanks and I'm not having that. Both of them have shown a glimmer of hope in the last few weeks so it will be interesting to see which one we back now Gerrard is going to be out for a while.

With regards to Jonjo I think it's pretty obvious the lad has bundles of talent, composure and confidence for someone his age. He makes the wrong decisions frequently, but only games are going to improve him and he's is actually getting them at Blackpool. I don't think he'll get the games here to make recalling him worthwhile, although I must stress that I wish this wasn't the case.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to Shelvey coming back, but only if he will be playing. If he is just going to sit on the bench then he might as well continue getting games at Blackpool. We could get more benefit from that in the long run.

Not surprised that Aquilani's name has come up again. I've been trying to forget about him to be honest.

If he was going to be loaned out, it should have been to a Premiership side. I'd be amazed if nobody wanted him. I think he's quality, but wherever he is, he needs games.

the aquilani story seems to go from one extreme to the other. first he seemed to be tearing the place up, scoring and assisting at will. then a few weeks later i hear he can't get a game and people worrying whether we'll even get the paltry pre-arranged fee for him. and now he's on fire gain.

is he actually even first choice over there?

I don't want him to come back purely because he wouldn't play enough. He might get the odd sub appearance, but that's not enough to justify recalling him.

Henderson isn't very good on the right. I'd give him a go in the middle.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47361.msg1419923#msg1419923 date=1320065652]
I don't want him to come back purely because he wouldn't play enough. He might get the odd sub appearance, but that's not enough to justify recalling him.

Henderson isn't very good on the right. I'd give him a go in the middle.
[/quote]

I've changed my mind.

Keni hath changed it.

Re: Bring him back

I'm happy for him to stay at blackpool, he's getting games and they obviously appreciate him

I'm now a jonjo fan more than a Liverpool fan

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47361.msg1419919#msg1419919 date=1320065507]
the aquilani story seems to go from one extreme to the other. first he seemed to be tearing the place up, scoring and assisting at will. then a few weeks later i hear he can't get a game and people worrying whether we'll even get the paltry pre-arranged fee for him. and now he's on fire gain.

is he actually even first choice over there?
[/quote]

No idea. But wiki says he has played 5 games and scored one, and 9 games have been played in Serie A

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47361.msg1420956#msg1420956 date=1320265868]
I'm happy for him to stay at blackpool, he's getting games and they obviously appreciate him

I'm now a jonjo fan more than a Liverpool fan
[/quote]

+1

He deserves better than the treatment LFC and it's fans have given him.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=47361.msg1420964#msg1420964 date=1320266120]
How has he been badly treated by the fans? In fact, how has he been badly treated by the club?
[/quote]

Some people think he's not good enough for us and the club sent him to fucking Blackpool.

Every cunt was wrong about him, except me. I said ages ago that he was the best player at the club

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47361.msg1420965#msg1420965 date=1320266167]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=47361.msg1420964#msg1420964 date=1320266120]
How has he been badly treated by the fans? In fact, how has he been badly treated by the club?
[/quote]

Some people think he's not good enough for us
[/quote]

Hardly warrants being badly treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom