• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bring him back

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Binny link=topic=47361.msg1439281#msg1439281 date=1323189754]
Scored twice in reserve's 5-1 win over Wigan.
[/quote]

Why is he playing in the reserves, I was perplexed he wasn't on the bench last night.

Shelvey might be better than Henderson some day but not today, not tomorrow and not for a while after tomorrow.

Liverpool . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5
Shelvey 2
Adorjan
Ecclestone
Suso

Wigan Athletic . . . . . . . . . . . 1
Redmond

Liverpool: Martin Hansen, Jonathon Flanagan, Andre Wisdom, Stephen sama, Danny Wilson, Conor Coady, Jesus Joaquin Fernandez Saenz De la Torre, Jonjo Shelvey, Michael Ngoo, Krisztian Adorjan, Nathan Eccleston.

Subs: Emmanuel Mendy, Jamie Stephens, Michael Roberts, Toni Brito E Silva, Craig Roddan.

Wigan Athletic: Lee Nicholls, Adam Buxton, Patrick van Aanholt, Rob Kiernan, Adrian Lopez, Hendry Thomas, Ryan Watson, Nouha Dicko, Hugo Rodallega, Steve Boothman, Daniel Redmond.

Subs: Calvin Hare, Adam Dawson, Callum Morris, Michael Girvan, Jesjua Angoy.

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=47361.msg1439286#msg1439286 date=1323190091]
Shelvey might be better than Henderson some day but not today, not tomorrow and not for a while after tomorrow.
[/quote]

friday?

Re: Bring him back

We NEED.someone who can take free kicks

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47361.msg1439331#msg1439331 date=1323199651]
[/quote]

Yep, any idea who?

Re: Re: Bring him back

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47361.msg1#msg1 date=1323204327]
[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47361.msg1439331#msg1439331 date=1323199651]
[/quote]

Yep, any idea who?
[/quote]

....jonjo?

Unfortunately our first team doesn't play against championship or reserve level defenders/keepers.

Me and you buddha...we're so close to being best buds

Charlie Adam's free kicks alone were supposed to be woth 10m.

How come we are still looking for a free kick taker?

Is it just one of those things that football fans are never satisfied witg?

Like pace in the team!???

Free kicks and set pieces are valuable to mid and lower table teams cos they're not good enough to score from open play.

Ergo, why they're of value to us cos we're a mid table team. No team of any fucking quality gives a shite about free kicks.

That's an interesting point actually.

It always amazes me how the crowd celebrate getting a corner so intensely. I'd rather have a goal thanks.

JONJO Shelvey has singled out Barry Ferguson and Ian Holloway as big influences during his “brilliant” stay at Blackpool.

The 19-year-old is back at Liverpool – recalled suddenly last week because of a long-term injury to the midfielder Lucas – but did not feature in the squad for last night’s defeat at Fulham.

Shelvey has made no secret that part of him would still love to be with the Seasiders. He scored six goals in nine games, became a crowd favourite and made a point of coming to watch Saturday’s win over Reading.

Pool boss Ian Holloway said: “It was great to see him at the game. That’s what this club does to you – it gets in your blood. It’s a very special place.”

Shelvey agrees, he said: “I didn’t think I’d become involved with the club as much as I have.

“I’ve been going home after training thinking about getting Blackpool back to the Premier League. It’s been brilliant and I’ve got a lot to thank the fans and the club for because I’ve had the opportunity to play.”

Shelvey singled out the manager and skipper, and is full of respect and admiration for both.

Barry Ferguson is a top player and I didn’t realise how much history he’s got until I looked him up on Wikipedia! He’s a great leader and a great player. You have to listen and learn from people like him.

“I’ve been in the game for three years and someone like Barry has dealt with being a footballer for his entire career.

Ian Holloway is very different to previous managers I’ve had but he’s been first-class with the way he’s handled me.

“I’m quite a feisty character on the field because I want to win, and he’s given me a boost of confidence that I needed to take back to Liverpool.

“It’s been a pleasure playing for him, and I think I’m going back fitter and stronger.

I first came on the scene at 16 but I think I’d gone off the boil recently. Because I had so much publicity from a young age, it can go to your head a little bit.

“It did with me and that’s why I’m glad to have been playing every week. I think I did well at the club and I hope I’ve given the fans something to remember. If I’m allowed on loan again, I’d love to come back.”

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47361.msg1439432#msg1439432 date=1323208596]
Me and you buddha...we're so close to being best buds
[/quote]

*shivers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom