• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bullets dodged

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Who are some of the players many of us wanted at LFC that are now clearly not good enough? I'll start us off with Wilfried Bony. He had one purple patch at Swansea when he looked like a genuine world-class striker. Since then, however, all we've seen is a fairly static centre-forward who depends on teammates for service, but only scores when he feels like it. I'm sure he can still produce moments of magic and his shot is one of the hardest in EPL, but he's really not a striker you would want to build the team around, so it's fair to say this is a bullet dodged.

Simao and that other tippy tappy Portuguese bellend, the diet,sugar free ronaldo one

That one no-one had ever heard of who was in Ukraine and we were about to spend forty million on but he went to China

Who are some of the players many of us wanted at LFC that are now clearly not good enough? I'll start us off with Wilfried Bony. He had one purple patch at Swansea when he looked like a genuine world-class striker. Since then, however, all we've seen is a fairly static centre-forward who depends on teammates for service, but only scores when he feels like it. I'm sure he can still produce moments of magic and his shot is one of the hardest in EPL, but he's really not a striker you would want to build the team around, so it's fair to say this is a bullet dodged.

Not sure about this. Bony was good in Holland as well before he joined Swansea, not every player manages to make the transition from there to the Prem successfully and the fact that he's hardly been seen at all at Citeh is no surprise when you consider who their first choice striker is. He made the wrong move going there but I'm not convinced coming to us would have produced the same result.

Simao and that other Portuguese bellend who's now languishing in Turkey I believe.

Edit : Quaresma - that's the one who's name I couldn't remember.

Last edited:
Alex Teixeira? Yeah, that was one alright
Too early to say. He got very badly injured on his very first game in China and then scored a double on his return. Haven't followed him since then though. I should get to a few of the games.

Never thought Bony was any good-- another Benteke if you ask me.

Mohamed Salah immediatelyy springs to mind especially as we were laughed out of town for that [realistic] fee for him. Phil Jones and Memphis Depay are two others.

Never thought Bony was any good-- another Benteke if you ask me.

Mohamed Salah immediatelyy springs to mind especially as we were laughed out of town for that [realistic] fee for him. Phil Jones and Memphis Depay are two others.

Huh? Salah has been brilliant for Roma.

Depay – yeah, I really wanted him. Still can't understand how a player who looked so brilliant for the Netherlands can look so shite for Man U (long it may continue). I think his confidence is completely shot by the defensive requirements of Van Gaal and Mourinho. He might still thrive under a different manager.

Y
Huh? Salah has been brilliant for Roma.

Depay – yeah, I really wanted him. Still can't understand how a player who looked so brilliant for the Netherlands can look so shite for Man U (long it may continue). I think his confidence is completely shot by the defensive requirements of Van Gaal and Mourinho. He might still thrive under a different manager.
Yes but not for the chavs which is where the gazzumping happened.

Not sure about this. Bony was good in Holland as well before he joined Swansea, not every player manages to make the transition from there to the Prem successfully and the fact that he's hardly been seen at all at Citeh is no surprise when you consider who their first choice striker is. He made the wrong move going there but I'm not convinced coming to us would have produced the same result.

Isn't Bony at Stoke now? Not getting games and being a general pain in the arse?

Yes, but on loan from Citeh. I hadn't heard that he was being an @rse but, even if so, that's a different matter from the question of his ability or lack of it.

ter Stegen

Difficult to crow about a 'bullet dodged' with Ter Stegen, when we have Mignolet and fucking
Hiklarius.

That's like dodging one bullet and jumping into fusillade of M50s, leaving a smoking, bullet-ridden Swiss cheese of a corpse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom