• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Sadio

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty bloody obvious what's gonna happen now, isn't it? The club has clearly calculated that they're better off just saving a couple of years of high salary and avoiding the risk of an ageing forward losing his effectiveness.

He'll leave for nothing next summer. Maybe we'll get a direct replacement if Carvalho doesn't step up, but that's doubtful. 6 forwards for 3 positions is probably a bit much, really.

Firmino may well sign an extension though.

Its not actually. The latest comments from Salah indicates that he is willing to have a shorter contract and that may get things done. I dont know. But given that there is 12 months left anything can happen and its not set in stone either way. Its not bloody obvious at least.

Its more likely that Firmino leaves on a free.

Its not actually. The latest comments from Salah indicates that he is willing to have a shorter contract and that may get things done. I dont know. But given that there is 12 months left anything can happen and its not set in stone either way. Its not bloody obvious at least.

Its more likely that Firmino leaves on a free.

He wants a lot more money and we're just not prepared to go there for a guy who'll be 31 at the start of a new deal. I'd be amazed if he signs now.

But you believe it if it makes you happy.

To be honest I’m not arsed if he stays or not. Thats how good our reqruitment and Klopp are, and no player is bigger than the team.

Yeah, the Mbappe deal might have turned a fair share of players heads in terms of running down their contracts.

Pffft - I expected explosions after the earlier exchange between Modo and Hansern, but then the two scando's just sort of hugged it out. All very Broke Back Glacier. What is the world coming to?

I suspect the truth is that both were only ever offered shit deals because the club would rather replace them than double their money as they advance beyond 30.

Have no idea on Mane, but there's plenty of suggestions about that Salah has been offered around £260k basic which could reach anywhere between £300-330k P/W depending on personal and team success. If that's true, and he considers that a shit offer, then time's time.

Have no idea on Mane, but there's plenty of suggestions about that Salah has been offered around £260k basic which could reach anywhere between £300-330k P/W depending on personal and team success. If that's true, and he considers that a shit offer, then time's time.

Yeah I'd heard similar. I think that probably is a shit offer tbf. He should be on £400k a week or so basic based on his output the last few years.

Yeah I'd heard similar. I think that probably is a shit offer tbf. He should be on £400k a week or so basic based on his output the last few years.
His wages were based on his output at Liverpool— he did sign a contract. We’re not oilniaires.

Last edited:
His wages were based on his output at Liverpool— he did sign a contract. We’re not oilniaires.

I'm not saying we are. I'm saying he's worth a lot more than that. IMO we probably made a calculation at least 2 years ago that we'd rather underpay him for 3 or 4 years than renew him until his mid 30s on a huge salary with the risk of his output dropping off and being unable to shift him.

It's a pretty tight-arsed way to operate but it's worked very well for us so far so it's hard to complain too much.

Yes great job. But we're giving away Salah and Firmino, just like we gave away Can, Wijnaldum and Origi.
Only time will tell if it was worth us keeping them or not. If we win the PL or CL - then it was worth it.

Seems to me the club was much more focussed on renewing Salah's deal. They started getting their arses in gear on Sadio a bit late on when he was carrying our attack. Salah then was still on holidays after the AFCON.

If I was him, I'd also be a bit miffed.
He played like shit for at least 6 months - the club were right to be circumspect at the time.

He played like shit for at least 6 months - the club were right to be circumspect at the time.

Yes, this is not far from how I see it. But I guess it would be natural for him to compare himself to Salah and what took place there.
Who then turned to shit himself.

Yes, this is not far from how I see it. But I guess it would be natural for him to compare himself to Salah and what took place there.
Who then turned to shit himself.
Yeah not many saw Mane's return to form (thanks Klopp!) otherwise few would be despairing of his departure. However it was time for fresh blood and we seem to have gone about it almost perfectly so far, touch wood (not you Mamma Mia) !

Last edited:
sadio-mane-of-liverpool-poses-during-the-uefa-champions-league-final-picture-id1396317974

I'm gutted he's going, but glad we haven't just bent over for this deal. Regardless of us wishing him well and wanting to see him get a good deal, we have to look after ourselves too. No one is forcing him to go, he's just had a very good season here and would be an asset next season, so I'm glad to see we're getting a deal that works out well for us, considering his age and contract length.

I'm gutted he's going, but glad we haven't just bent over for this deal. Regardless of us wishing him well and wanting to see him get a good deal, we have to look after ourselves too. No one is forcing him to go, he's just had a very good season here and would be an asset next season, so I'm glad to see we're getting a deal that works out well for us, considering his age and contract length.
I agree. He goes with my well wishes (until we face Bayern).

However, I do think the club made an error in having him, Bobby and Salah sign the same length deals.

Because if we want to get any money out of selling Mo, we have to sell him this summer too, but everyone seems to accepting that it would be too much change in a year, so we're just going to let him walk for free next season? (Bobby too, presumably).

However, I do think the club made an error in having him, Bobby and Salah sign the same length deals.

Because if we want to get any money out of selling Mo, we have to sell him this summer too, but everyone seems to accepting that it would be too much change in a year, so we're just going to let him walk for free next season? (Bobby too, presumably).

Yes, agreed.

it seems that they all signed new deals at the same time, even though they obviously did not need to as they all arrived at different times. I assume it must have been about keeping their wages relatively equal? I guess it Is difficult if they all wanted 5 year deals at that point though. Which one or ones do you say no to?

He is a legend and love him for his performances with us. But I also hope his form falls off a cliff once he joins Bayern coz I am that petty. It would also really help in furthering the be careful about leaving us narrative.

He is a legend and love him for his performances with us. But I also hope his form falls off a cliff once he joins Bayern coz I am that petty. It would also really help in furthering the be careful about leaving us narrative.
Agree 99%. The 1% being if Bayern pull City in the Champs League, when I want him to score a hat trick and then nut Haaland on 90 mins.

I really don't understand this.

I mean, where's the challenge?

And I don't think he'll earn more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom