• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Sadio

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Julian Ward, Liverpool’s new sporting director, is instead using £42.5 million as a benchmark figure for negotiations and has told Bayern there is no point holding face-to-face talks unless they are prepared to make a serious bid."

I like him.

Liverpool reject second bid worth up to £30m from Bayern Munich for Sadio Mane
By James Pearce
June 8, 2022Updated 12:21 PM GMT+1
20 Comments

Liverpool have rejected an improved offer of £23.5 million potentially rising to £30 million from Bayern Munich for Sadio Mane.

The Athletic understands that the second bid was swiftly rebuffed as Liverpool hold out for a guaranteed fee in excess of £40 million.

The new offer for Mane would only have reached £30 million if Bayern won the Champions League and the Senegal international clinched the Ballon d’Or in the next three seasons which Anfield officials regarded as laughable.

Last week, Bayern bid £21 million potentially rising to £25 million for Mane so their second offer only guaranteed Liverpool an extra £2.5 million.

Mane has just one year left to run on his contract so Liverpool will have to cash in this summer or risk losing the forward for free next year.

The Senegal international, who joined Liverpool from Southampton for £34 million in June 2016, has lifted six trophies during his highly successful spell at Liverpool.

Mane has won the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.

[article]Liverpool reject Bayern Munich’s £30m bid with ‘laughable’ bonuses
Liverpool reject new offer from Bayern Munich for Sadio Mane, which would have only reached £30m with multiple CL and Ballon d'Or wins. Player valued at around £42.5m.[/article]

Not sure keeping an unhappy sadio at Liverpool is a good thing, but important to let those fuckers understand, meet our valuation or wait till next year.

[article]Liverpool reject Bayern Munich’s £30m bid with ‘laughable’ bonuses
Liverpool reject new offer from Bayern Munich for Sadio Mane, which would have only reached £30m with multiple CL and Ballon d'Or wins. Player valued at around £42.5m.[/article]

Not sure keeping an unhappy sadio at Liverpool is a good thing, but important to let those fuckers understand, meet our valuation or wait till next year.

I think Sadio is professional enough to play through his contract if we can't get our valuation met

It’s known as the POP in negotiating tactics - the Piss Off Point.

It’s normal for both sides to start with an extreme low / high offer / counter offer.

Too low or high and you hit the POP - but it’s a strategy to try and shift the middle ground closer to your end of the spectrum.

The problem with us “openly” setting our evaluation at £45m is that it means Bayern will now fuck around trying to see whether well lower our valuation or whether they can chuck in some useless conditions to “reach” that evaluation.

While it’s not a bad strategy - but it does mean, we aren’t getting more than £45m from anyone - so even if we stick to that price, it’ll come down to how the deal is structured in terms & conditions.

"Julian Ward, Liverpool’s new sporting director, is instead using £42.5 million as a benchmark figure for negotiations and has told Bayern there is no point holding face-to-face talks unless they are prepared to make a serious bid."

I like him.

They're trying to test the water and bully the new guy.

It's normal.

Let's see if Julian is as tough a negotiator as his former master.

It’s known as the POP in negotiating tactics - the Piss Off Point.

It’s normal for both sides to start with an extreme low / high offer / counter offer.

Too low or high and you hit the POP - but it’s a strategy to try and shift the middle ground closer to your end of the spectrum.

The problem with us “openly” setting our evaluation at £45m is that it means Bayern will now fuck around trying to see whether well lower our valuation or whether they can chuck in some useless conditions to “reach” that evaluation.

While it’s not a bad strategy - but it does mean, we aren’t getting more than £45m from anyone - so even if we stick to that price, it’ll come down to how the deal is structured in terms & conditions.
We weren't getting more than £45m in any case from anyone. If it's around £40m+ then that's probably about right for a 30 year old with 1 year left on his contract. I wonder how much they will get for Lewandowski?

Maddock reported majority of the add ons came from Mane winning 3 Ballon D'ors.

We told Bayern to put in a realistic bid and stop with the insulting ones.

We are willing to accept £26m guaranteed and £18m in achievable add ons. £44m total.

We weren't getting more than £45m in any case from anyone. If it's around £40m+ then that's probably about right for a 30 year old with 1 year left on his contract. I wonder how much they will get for Lewandowski?
Agreed. There's loads around saying Mane has already agreed a crazy contract with Bayern in the 300k range, so we're likely only dealing with one club to begin with.

It would explain his cryptic and weird comments to the media recently.

The new Bayern leadership after Hoeness left seems pretty amateurish, to be honest. The way they alienated Lewandowki was wholly unnecessary and there have been a few other inexplicable decisions and personal conflicts in the Bayern camp. What was the point of inserting the “winning Ballon d’Or 3 times” clause in the offer for Mane, did they really think we would just bow down and accept it? They deserve to be ridiculed for that.

Last edited:
€30m guaranteed, another €20m subject to reasonably achievable targets overthe course of his contract

I hope it’s the sort of targets like :
£Xm every time a Sadio goal eliminates Man, City, Chelsea, Real or PSG from the CL.

I hope it’s not something totally unrealistic and unlikely to be achieved like £Xm every time Sadio plays against Man Utd in the CL.

Some Reds (though not so many on here TBF) questioned the signing initially. I couldn't understand it - he always looked dangerous playing for Southampton and the Mancs, who weren't anything like as weak as they currently are, had also been sniffing around him.

Fine player, unplayable at his best, and I like his philosophy of life. Slight pity about his statement before the Final in Paris but I put that down to verbal clumsiness rather than anything more serious. Good luck to him (unless we draw them in the CL of course).

Some Reds (though not so many on here TBF) questioned the signing initially. I couldn't understand it - he always looked dangerous playing for Southampton and the Mancs, who weren't anything like as weak as they currently are, had also been sniffing around him.

Fine player, unplayable at his best, and I like his philosophy of life. Slight pity about his statement before the Final in Paris but I put that down to verbal clumsiness rather than anything more serious. Good luck to him (unless we draw them in the CL of course).

I think they just thought he had a relatively low ceiling, one of those "Prem proven" players but not necessarily one with much untapped value.

I could see the point, but personally I just loved watching him for Southampton, especially that incredible pace. So I got that one right I guess.

Loads of people were against the Salah deal, too. I got that right too lol.

I think the last one I got totally wrong was Jota. Didn't get that one at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom