• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Sadio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they just thought he had a relatively low ceiling, one of those "Prem proven" players but not necessarily one with much untapped value.

I could see the point, but personally I just loved watching him for Southampton, especially that incredible pace. So I got that one right I guess.

Loads of people were against the Salah deal, too. I got that right too lol.

I think the last one I got totally wrong was Jota. Didn't get that one at all.
Thank goodness we have you unearthing these gems and getting these deals over the line for us. Well done!

I think they just thought he had a relatively low ceiling, one of those "Prem proven" players but not necessarily one with much untapped value.

I could see the point, but personally I just loved watching him for Southampton, especially that incredible pace. So I got that one right I guess.

Loads of people were against the Salah deal, too. I got that right too lol.

I think the last one I got totally wrong was Jota. Didn't get that one at all.

Let's hope you get the Nunez one right ;-)

Yep, fantastic player and seems an equal fantastic person. Gonna miss him.

Wonder how he’ll do for Bayern. Will we see a drop off as most players that have left Klopps Liverpool, or are he and Bayern just to good in the Bundesliga.
Probably the latter in this case.

Somehow feels like he's been unfairly treated.

He could have played it to his advantage by demanding a mega contract seeing as Salah is off, or see out his contract and wait for the 400,000 salary from Barcelona or PSG. But he took the principled approach and asked to leave.

It's the right choice. Fading speedsters in their 30's have always flourished in Bayern. It's a great place to see out your last years at the top.
And there'll be no lack of tall blond German men with beards and glasses to hug, if he ever misses that feeling.

That could be, but it also seems like the club are doing a good job of selling at the right time.
Yes great job. But we're giving away Salah and Firmino, just like we gave away Can, Wijnaldum and Origi.

Yes great job. But we're giving away Salah and Firmino, just like we gave away Can, Wijnaldum and Origi.

Think we'll still go for a contract extension with Salah, but Firmino might get to leave on a free.
My guess is Salah signs a 2 year extension.

:-(

287671657_5833997749980721_4438380319813454212_n.jpg

Seems to me the club was much more focussed on renewing Salah's deal. They started getting their arses in gear on Sadio a bit late on when he was carrying our attack. Salah then was still on holidays after the AFCON.

If I was him, I'd also be a bit miffed.

Thanks for the memories Sadio.. now f*** off.

In all seriousness, its time the front 3 were disbanded. Just not sure we've done it in the right order.

Seems to me the club was much more focussed on renewing Salah's deal. They started getting their arses in gear on Sadio a bit late on when he was carrying our attack. Salah then was still on holidays after the AFCON.

If I was him, I'd also be a bit miffed.

Do we know that though?

I mean, it seems clear that he wants to leave for a new challenge, which is fair enough, but he might have decided that ages ago and never really considered a new deal at all.

Salah and his agent at least seem(ed) open to a new deal, or we’re at least saying that they were.

Do we know that though?

I mean, it seems clear that he wants to leave for a new challenge, which is fair enough, but he might have decided that ages ago and never really considered a new deal at all.

Salah and his agent at least seem(ed) open to a new deal, or we’re at least saying that they were.

We don’t. It is me speculating.

Do we know that though?

I suspect the truth is that both were only ever offered shit deals because the club would rather replace them than double their money as they advance beyond 30.

Somehow feels like he's been unfairly treated.

I somehow think Klopp would see he is ok while he’s there, they seem to really like each other…Klopp seems to appreciate him at least

Edit, but sometimes it’s time to go for whatever reason , on both sides..fresh blood is required at times..

Have you talked to him and know that he wont?!

It's pretty bloody obvious what's gonna happen now, isn't it? The club has clearly calculated that they're better off just saving a couple of years of high salary and avoiding the risk of an ageing forward losing his effectiveness.

He'll leave for nothing next summer. Maybe we'll get a direct replacement if Carvalho doesn't step up, but that's doubtful. 6 forwards for 3 positions is probably a bit much, really.

Firmino may well sign an extension though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom