• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Sadio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mane is the player that defines the klopp era for me. I think he's our most important forward over that time, but has been overshadowed by a player who was less capable off the ball, and more capable at finishing when on form.

I don't think mane had many more years left in him for our kind of system, and now that he moved more central, there are others that can do that job. Diaz, while his replacement, is nowhere near him yet, and yet everyone is made up with Diaz hitting the ground running. Those are the lofty standards.

Don't be a cunt about him though. I don't see klopp having 34 year old forwards.

The second half of this season is a ghost of Liverpool future for me. Without young runners everywhere you can't destructively create in every game. Sometimes you have to create. Crossing will not always be godly. Salah will not always have magic, indeed, it's waning fast. Sometimes you have to create, if not to score then to open space wide, and while our forward three were damaging enough to grind through some games, they were just short in the new look.

Yea very unfortunate quote for us fans because, for me at least, I understood it to be stating his intent to stay.

I do wonder if Sadio told the club he wanted to go this summer ages ago, hence very little talk on his contract. That probably translates into us not signing any offensive players since we already got Diaz.
Yep. Agree with the club knowing Mane's plans.

However I don't think Diaz is a direct Mane replacement per se because he's not playing in the centre as Mane has done for half a season. That's the player we need to sign.

Yep. Agree with the club knowing Mane's plans.

However I don't think Diaz is a direct Mane replacement per se because he's not playing in the centre as Mane has done for half a season. That's the player we need to sign.

Diaz is a replacement for Mane of 2-3 seasons ago - hopefully with Klopp’s coaching he will produce similar numbers. If Jota and Salah recover their form to what it was in the first half of the season, our front 3 doesn’t look too bad. What we lack is a physical forward like Origi who can give us a different type of threat when plan A is not working.

I'm pretty upset to see that comment. Everyone has a right to do what they want with their lives so long as it doesn't negatively affect the lives of others. He's as entitled as you are to switch companies. He wasn't my favourite player but I will absolutely support his right to a move (esp. after giving us 6 wonderful seasons) even though I wish he was staying.

Lose respect for him? That's utter BS. A person earns respect in far more ways than extended 'loyalty' to a club. The club would ditch him in an instant if they thought he was no longer right for them.
Upset? I dont mind him going, its him teasing the 'special' news that got me. Why not come out and tell us / the club that he wants out? That I'd respect.

I say we offer him 50 grand a week and build a big fucking thing, anything he fancies really, in his village. A leisure centre, a massive Sadio statue on the leisure centre, whatever. A leisure centre shaped like Sadio. We can do this. Where's Edwards when you need him?

Upset? I dont mind him going, its him teasing the 'special' news that got me. Why not come out and tell us / the club that he wants out? That I'd respect.
Are you that naive? Seriously? Clearly the club and Mane have been in collusion over the past year. It's as Markeh said ; the club and Mane made a decision to keep it quiet until the season was finished. There has been little on his renewal in the media or from the club. Everyone just assumed he'd re-sign.

And as JJ said : a reporter caught him on the hop and with English not being his first language his on-the-spot reply was probably more than he intended to give away. But hey let's lambast a man for something that isn't even your business. Entitled fans thinking they have a right to know everything.

I think his English is good enough for a simple 'no comment' or the standard 'at the end of the season'. It was naive (or selfish) to come out with those comments before the champions League final.

That's a false distinction. It was probably a combo of naïvety AND the fact that he's not a native English speaker.

And sorry but the "selfish" accusation makes no sense. What did he have to gain by saying what he said?

Are you that naive? Seriously? Clearly the club and Mane have been in collusion over the past year. It's as Markeh said ; the club and Mane made a decision to keep it quiet until the season was finished. There has been little on his renewal in the media or from the club. Everyone just assumed he'd re-sign.

And as JJ said : a reporter caught him on the hop and with English not being his first language his on-the-spot reply was probably more than he intended to give away. But hey let's lambast a man for something that isn't even your business. Entitled fans thinking they have a right to know everything.
Again you call someone out for being niave but just jump to your own conclusions about why/what /how Mane's little mouthing off to a report
Mane's English is very good and the whole transfer speculation to Madrid was around for a few weeks so saying he was caught on the hop by a reporter is more than likely not true
Nobody is lambasting him for wanting a move of That is whst he wants but yes he should show the fans a bit of respect as they have idolised him for the time he's been here so we do deserve some respect. Again it's about the timing of his statement, before a champions league final, surely that should have been where his 120 focus /excitement should have been.
Here we are now, 2 weeks after the final where is this announcement? All he has done with his mouthing off is left us fans in limbo so ya if he wants out then ya just fuck off and go and just don't hint about it

He was asked a question and said he'll answer it after the CL final.

I'm not sure what you wanted him to do - punch the reporter?

He was asked a question and said he'll answer it after the CL final.

I'm not sure what you wanted him to do - punch the reporter?
He said more than that

No comment
I'm not here to talk about transfers
I'm only focus on the champions league final....

Again you call someone out for being niave but just jump to your own conclusions about why/what /how Mane's little mouthing off to a report
Mane's English is very good and the whole transfer speculation to Madrid was around for a few weeks so saying he was caught on the hop by a reporter is more than likely not true
Nobody is lambasting him for wanting a move of That is whst he wants but yes he should show the fans a bit of respect as they have idolised him for the time he's been here so we do deserve some respect. Again it's about the timing of his statement, before a champions league final, surely that should have been where his 120 focus /excitement should have been.
Here we are now, 2 weeks after the final where is this announcement? All he has done with his mouthing off is left us fans in limbo so ya if he wants out then ya just fuck off and go and just don't hint about it

Froggy is married to a Chinese lady and lives out East. I have a degree in French and German and spent years working and studying in Europe when I was younger. Both of us have been there, done it, worn the T-shirt. However fluent your second language gets, it's easy to "mis-speak" in a pressure situation.

Froggy is married to a Chinese lady and lives out East. I have a degree in French and German and spent years working and studying in Europe when I was younger. Both of us have been there, done it, worn the T-shirt. However fluent your second language gets, it's easy to "mis-speak" in a pressure situation.
Yes you may be right but it's an assumption on your part much like it's an assumption on our part.
I really don't think it was a mistake, not in that situation. It was a really stupid thing to say and here we are 2 weeks later and because of it have been left in a kinda limbo of will he stay or will he go. Its obvious by the silence that he wants to go as if he was staying I'm sure he'd be trying to mend that fence. Surely the simple is not say a cryptic comment and be loyal to the fans who support him untill he actually does go. He's not stupid and any cryptic comments alluding to a transfer are going to be. Picked up. Remember this is just days before the biggest club football game in the world.

Let Klopp have the last word on this:

"If somebody shows me five million times respect and one time not, what is more important?"
"The world is in a situation where you make this one time thing bigger than necessary, that is, unfortunately, the case."
Again we are football supporters, football is a passion and passion is a heart felt emotion. Footballers do play on that at times. Robbie Keane and his" I was a boyhood fan" of every club he signs for.

So ya while I agree with that sentiment by klopp, as a passionate Liverpool fan my emotions run strong so if I feel a bit disrespected by a player that I 110% support then ya that 1 time is important

Get your dictionary out : I said probably, it seems like a more obvious assumption than the guy above losing respect for him over his comments that he found disrespectful. Having seen how Mane the man has behaved and his personality over the past 6 years that's an awful conclusion to jump to over one comment.

When I said caught out I clearly meant in the moment and not that the rumours weren't doing the rounds. That should have been obvious to almost anyone. And of course 'more than likely' to quote you, is not 100% even in your world, so again you pile in without being certain.

Fans in limbo ? Fucking hell you are well up your own arse. As if that affects any of our lives in the slightest. If he's sorting out his future (no matter where it is) it certainly has SFA to do with you. Just because we have supported him doesn't mean we are entitled to know anything about his private life / career choices until he or the club or both are ready to tell us.

The clubs comments, or lack of them, over the past year is telling.

Let Klopp have the last word on this:

"If somebody shows me five million times respect and one time not, what is more important?"
"The world is in a situation where you make this one time thing bigger than necessary, that is, unfortunately, the case."
Spot on. Mane has for the past 6 years at Liverpool been a wonderful man in his private life and as a player for us but one misspoken comment and some 'fans' are all over him. Bollocks.

Spot on. Mane has for the past 6 years at Liverpool been a wonderful man in his private life and as a player for us but one misspoken comment and some 'fans' are all over him. Bollocks.
Now it's a misspoken comment but to me it's was probably. You talk as much out your ass as me you spa
mascherano, coutinho, torres all were amazing here until they wanted out. I couldn't give a fuck about his private life, if he wants to go to Germany that's grand, don't blab to the press with some cryptic comments a bay before the champions lge final.

It does feel like player power is getting so strong contracts no longer matter. Mane and Lewandowski both under contract but forcing moves away. Whatever Mane said or why, he's leaving us scrambling round for a replacement, which isnt cool and could make next season tough. I hope he did tell the club a while ago and give them time to prepare.

Fans, what are we to be shown any respect? We're just monetised cash cows.

How do you know we are scrambling for a replacement? It would be odd if we were "scrambling" given there has been noted interest for months and we would either have been negotiating with him, or knowingly not negotiating.

Mane's ace. We can leave on good terms.

Full quote

Attachments

• IMG-20220603-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20220603-WA0011.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom