• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ossi

Active
I’m a bit surprised he hasn’t announced anything yet. He’s out of contract from as today if I recall correctly.

I hope he stays, otherwise he can fuck off. [emoji41]

Controversial opinion, but he'd be a mug not to go to United, he'd get paid a bucket, and he'd be perfect for Mourinho.

Yea off to United. Signs a £200k/week contract and some bootle head will smash his knees in. Seems reasonable.

I would give a shit if he goes to any of our domestic rivals - especially United. I think it sends a bad signal and opens a doorway like the door that was opened when McMoneyman went to Real on a free, and Owen was encouraged to leave for Real Madrid. Don't like that when it happens with any of our players because it means we are a level below the rival that they are going to - which of course we are not.

I would give a shit if he goes to any of our domestic rivals - especially United. I think it sends a bad signal and opens a doorway like the door that was opened when McMoneyman went to Real on a free, and Owen was encouraged to leave for Real Madrid. Don't like that when it happens with any of our players because it means we are a level below the rival that they are going to - which of course we are not.

Nah couldn't give a fuck. McManamsn was 20 years ago.

Yea I'm on the couldn't give a fuck train

I don't really have a problem with him either. Keita, Fabinho and maybe more to come - he's a backup if he stays and he'll probably make a fortune if he goes.

Yes he'd be a nice to have for next season and it's a shame we won't get a fee but no big deal, he won't start for a club as good as Liverpool

Controversial opinion, but he'd be a mug not to go to United, he'd get paid a bucket, and he'd be perfect for Mourinho.
He's not good enough so if he goes there.. fuck him, he won't improve them one iota so it could even be a good move for us, Agent Can.

I'd prefer him to go to City as he improves them even less than he improves Utd.

Theres seems a bit of revisionism to me about the lads ability.
I think hes a cracking player and will get better and better.
Im still hoping he does a massive U-turn and signs a new deal. I know, I KNOW.

If not I hope to fuck he goes overseas.
Also do we get some compensation for him as he was a yout-ish when we bought him?

No revisionism from me as I've probably made clear.

I've never thought of Can as an out and out starter, except when injuries left us without an option. Always good enough for the squad but not to be in the 'first eleven', if we were selecting one. Now with Keita, Fabinho, Fekir (if it happens) he's not going to be even close to being a starter and then there's still Henderson, Gini, Milner and Lallana to compete with for the bench ... and I'd start all of those ahead of him.

No revisionism from me as I've probably made clear.

I've never thought of Can as an out and out starter, except when injuries left us without an option. Always good enough for the squad but not to be in the 'first eleven', if we were selecting one. Now with Keita, Fabinho, Fekir (if it happens) he's not going to be even close to being a starter and then there's still Henderson, Gini, Milner and Lallana to compete with for the bench ... and I'd start all of those ahead of him.

Hes comfortably our best midfielder , fabinho and keita aside.

Im genuinely suprised so many seem to not rate him.
Hes brilliant and young and will go on to be one of the best around.

It's the equivalent of getting dumped by your girlfriend then saying she was ugly anyway.
Fickle football fans, of which I am one. Hope he ends up on the bench some where.

He has all the right physical attributes as well as being young.
However, he seems to lack football intelligence. Too many bad decisions, running into dead allies, to slow to pass the ball.
These qualities can be acquired, but I'm not sure he can acquire them.

Hes comfortably our best midfielder , fabinho and keita aside.

No he's not. Milner is far better, Hendo too. You can debate Gini but in the right matches he's clearly ahead of Can too. Can has been 'potential' for too long.

He's always been too slow on the turn. It's a liability in a high pressing side because teams can too easily get a run direct at the heart of our defence.

It's just the money that pisses me off - we're out £40m or so. The player - he's good, but not particularly suited to the PL imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom