• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cavani..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavani has looked awful each of the few times Ive seen him but that scoring record doesnt lie.

Still wont happen tho.

DS - He wasn't saying he could replace Suarez, read between the lines. He was saying people are lacking perspective about him, for his price and based on last years stats, it's a great deal and YES, his attitude is perfect in contrast to that daft twat who just let his wife dictate were he plays. He represents far better hunger and value for money than some recent imports we've had.

Only a deluded cunt would regard him as a Suarez replacement or continue to slate because another striker hasn't signed yet. As many seem intent on doing.

If ye got Cavani would be very nervous of our chances of finishing above you.
I think he would be ideal for you. Not a like replacement for Suarez but would bang in goals being supplied with the players ye have supporting him.

Cavani? Behave. No way we'd smash our wage structure. His fee would be huge, wages ridiculous and if course the millions it would cost to bum up everyone else's eages when they kick off at the level of disparity.

Lambert isn't going to get that many games, as BR has publicly stated.
Sturridge is absolute quality, but made of China. At least one too striker will come in, and hopefully another half decent option too, or Borini will stay.

Cavani? Behave. No way we'd smash our wage structure. His fee would be huge, wages ridiculous and if course the millions it would cost to bum up everyone else's eages when they kick off at the level of disparity.

Sturridge is absolute quality, but made of China.

Suarez was on £200k per week, Cavani on £10m per year, that's £192k per week. We would not need to smash anything.

China should be lower case 'c' of course. Unless you think he's Chinese ? :D

Suarez was on £200k per week, Cavani on £10m per year, that's £192k per week. We would not need to smash anything.

True. But Suarez is genuinely worth 200k a week to any club. Is Cavani going to be worth 200k a week to a team like us that has to watch their pennies? More debatable.

The Cavani wage is after tax though.

If that is at the 75% tax rate I can see why PSG may want to let him go but we would have to double it for him to get the same.

I saw it at 10m euro which is less but would still be shitloads.

Imho yes. Thats what it will cost you these days to get a striker of his pedigree.
He scores all types of goals, is versatile enough to play out wide, has the same work ethic as Suarez and is a world class finisher.

Look at his stats for Napoli. 138 games and 104 goals. In Serie A.
25 goals last season for PSG despite playing out wide right in loads of games. He shits goals.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

Call me naïve, but I think he'd sign for £150k a week. It's still a shit load of money, and he's taking a sizable step up into a better league.

Cavani is quite a physical specimen. He has all the tools to thrive in this league. I wouldn't match his current wages, though.

Call me naïve, but I think he'd sign for £150k a week. It's still a shit load of money, and he's taking a sizable step up into a better league.

So you think he would take a drop of over 50% in his wages to join us?

The Cavani wage is after tax though.

If that is at the 75% tax rate I can see why PSG may want to let him go but we would have to double it for him to get the same.

I saw it at 10m euro which is less but would still be shitloads.

If we get Monaco to pay most of his wages then it won't matter - we can increase the loan fee to cover it. I'm sure there are ways around this problem.

If we get Monaco to pay most of his wages then it won't matter - we can increase the loan fee to cover it. I'm sure there are ways around this problem.
Is that how the French transfer system works? Buy a player from one french team and have another random french team pay his wages?

Is that how the French transfer system works? Buy a player from one french team and have another random french team pay his wages?

It's how the loan system can work. Often the team the player is loaned to (if he's coming from a l=more affluent club paying higher salaries) can not afford his wages so it is supplemented by the loaning team. Fact.

But there is no suggested loan for Cavani and he doesn't play for Monaco

Oh fuck. Falcao/Cavani - sounds the same to me. I really shouldn't be working on one computer and playing around on forums on the other. I'm going to have to check all my recent emails now to make sure I haven't told one of my clients that he's a cunt !

Well quite.
Apart from the fact that he's 31, and has made Andy Carrol look decent based on his pre-season form. Yes , I know - it's only pre-season FFS and all that.
But if you seriously believe that Lambert is the answer to the hole that Suarez left, you are one deluded cunt, SS. It really makes no difference whether he was a die-hard red, or a boyhood fan or not. It really doesn't.

Don't call me a cunt you cunt. He is a proven decent player. I never for one moment suggested that he was 'the answer to the hole that Suarez left'. Try reading what I actually wrote.

Is there actually any juice to this Cavani story? I know it's in the Echo but they're just reporting what his agent has said, and we all know better than to believe an agent.

I think I may be on board for this one. We desperately need to bolster our attack and, while Cavani is more effective through the middle, he can play out wide.

Prefer Reus, though. Just in case anyone of importance is reading this thread.

We arent signing Cavani.
Its another very very silly link.

China should be lower case 'c' of course. Unless you think he's Chinese ? :D

I blame the iPhone for the capital c. I'll take it up with Siri, the useless shit.
With regards to Suarez's wages, does anyone actually seriously think we were going to keep him? He was never going to finish his career with us. We whacked his salary up knowing that he was going. We were never going to continue to pay him that sort if wage. We didn't smash the pay structure at all and we won't. We can't afford to.
Look at how he behaved the year before to try and get out. Citing all sorts of reasons from the media to non CL footy . We both won in the end. He got his move and a nice pay rise in the meantime, and with that temporary higher wage more leverage with regards to commanding a higher wage at his new club, and we get a huge fee a he's on a long term deal.
It was good business all round. It was nothing more than part of the negotiating process with a view to him leaving in the summer. Of course, the club would never say otherwise, but I think it's naive not to think that this sort of thing goes on all the time in business, especially with an asset worth that much to us and with the millions on annual cost an across the board pay rise would hammer us with. Not only existing players but every new damn signing would want to fleece us. Ina few years maybe, but we can't afford it now.
Bite or no bite, he was a goner. So no, we didn't smash the pay structure at all. And I don't think we will. It'll cost way too much.

Forget Falcao and Cavani, we'll end up with Wilfried Bony

Well, the Echo have said we're unlikely to sign him given Swansea won't sell him for less than his release clause and Bony's wage demands are pretty high. Therefore he represents fairly poor value for money. It may well be the case that we feel we can get a much better player for a little more money than Bony wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom