• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea v Liverpool - Match Thread - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
On today we got what we deserved, Fabinho and Lallana should be ashamed getting bossed about by an 18 year old one direction singer.

Only positive was Neco, his crossing especially first half was a delight.
Adrian helped to keep score down but even though Fab fucked up, he should be stopping that first 1 comfortably.

Shite again. Something doesn't seem right, deeper than a little blip. All very strange and worrying.

We will replaced but there is no quick fix. We worked for years together to reach this level, and again and again we see that it is not easy for good players to get into this team.

If anything this crop if players deserves the fans backing. They have taken the club to the very top of Europe and the world and at the moment there is not a more feared team out there. Still we crave for replacements.... easy. Just put another good bloke there and we automatically become better. Just as every other club have shopped themselves to be better than us? I don’t buy your argument.

Putting together a team is never easy, but the there are members of this team that have been in it for quite some time - I don't actually believe you can keep going at the rate we have and the system we play for another season. It happens, no one is denying what they have achieved thus far, if they get back to winning ways and continue winning then I suspect they will go down in history for the title and the points tally at the end. But change will come this summer, our approach play is becoming too predictable at the moment.

• We are slowly building a nice portfolio of losses to learn about our weaknesses - Klopp will be getting the lads to work on what is wrong. They will react.
I think this is a good point – it's very hard to work on weaknesses in the middle of a historically great run; how and why change what's working so well? But we all saw some issues building up for some time and now it's out in the open. I saw a reaction and a much better performance against Chelsea, but it was still not good enough against a strong opponent – need to keep working and find a solution. I liked what I saw from Minamino in the 1st half; he will be some player when he could go like this for 90 minutes and when his teammates start trusting him more.

I’d have played the same eleven that got bummed at Watford putting kids and our bench players on was always going to be tough against a well up for it Chelsea team who have on the the FA cup to play for, at Anfield it could have worked.

Judging by how many times the first part has been said, repeated and said again via virtually every LFC related media channel, I am not convinced the second part is true
Yep, I think everyone has been won round by our grounded, inspirational, champions league winning captain. Let's hope he doesn't have a poor run of games, ever because that will obviously mean he's shit and can fuck off.

I want to ask the mods why the fuck you haven't banned this cunt ?

He offers nothing, contributes nothing and only ever posts one liners pissing on the club and players. So why the fuck is he still one here ?

@FoxForceFive @LeTallecWiz
Come on mate, this aint rawk, trollings part of the Internet, and svennis is hardly the brightest one of the lot. Just ignore him, or challenge him, im sure you could outsmart both of his brain cells if you tried.

We only ban for breaches of the rules, which basically boils down to being a twat and leaving your tapatalk signature on, or targeted persistant abuse against a poster, svennis doesnt fit either of those categories.

SVENNIS STAYS.

Last edited:
Putting together a team is never easy, but the there are members of this team that have been in it for quite some time - I don't actually believe you can keep going at the rate we have and the system we play for another season. It happens, no one is denying what they have achieved thus far, if they get back to winning ways and continue winning then I suspect they will go down in history for the title and the points tally at the end. But change will come this summer, our approach play is becoming too predictable at the moment.

There will be natural replacements at the end of the season. Lallana is gone. Lovren, Shaquiri and Origi probably as well. But I don't see a whole lot of replacements coming. We still have players adjusting to the way we play. It will be interesting summer, that is for sure.

Indeed, just get over the line and win it.
Worry about all the other stuff later.

There will be natural replacements at the end of the season. Lallana is gone. Lovren, Shaquiri and Origi probably as well. But I don't see a whole lot of replacements coming. We still have players adjusting to the way we play. It will be interesting summer, that is for sure.

Creative midfielder & a natural goalscorer is all we really need, so i can see 4/5 players leaving with only 2 possible 3 new additions.

Conceding goals doesn't bother me that much, what worries me is that we've just forgot how to score goals...

Yesterday was evidence that the wider squad needs strengthening. The likes of Origi and Lallana are not good enough back up.

I would have liked the unbeaten run, and a treble would have been sensational, but I am not particularly arsed, as long as this rut is sorted for Bournemouth and At Madrid that is all I am *that* bothered about.

Couldn't give a fuck about the summer right now to be honest Insig. All I want, and now worry about getting, is four fucking league wins this season.

And they will come starting with a win over Bournemouth this weekend, i trust the lads to shake this mini crisis off and get back to winning ways before the Madrid game.

I cannot tolerate the loss of Origi, - Klopp just does not play him in his Barca position, he needs a central strikers role and everytime he has played for us in that position - name it the Everton game, game against Arsenal in the League Cup - he has scored some seriously nice goals. We are not gonna get a world class replacement willing to sit on the bench. Klopp is not using him well recently.

In fact I would go as far as saying he is doing to Origi what GH did to Heskey - sticking him out on the bloody wing. He is more than capable of causing havoc if given a good run centrally.

When does a slump become a full-blown crisis? I think we're about to find out. Here's the RAAAAAAAAAAAATTTIIIIIINNNNGGGS!

Wasn't at all confident about this game, and rightly so. We were well beaten by the better team. Chelsea looked sharper, passed the ball better and when your midfield is totally bossed by a Scottish teenager who has only been with the first team for 3 weeks, you know you're struggling. Ironic that Klopp was one of the loudest and biggest cheerleaders for the winter break, and gave the players the full two weeks off, and we've come back from that and been fucking dire ever since.

Klopp picked a team mixed with youth, squad players and first-teamers, but nobody was really great, and half of the team who started last night are clearly not good enough to play for Liverpool.

Adrian (4) Made some good saves, but it doesn't really matter if you also fuck up and let in shite goals that are hit right at you. Unreliable, needs treplacing.

Williams (6) Solid display, and he can be pleased with how he played, even if his delivery wasn't quite accurate enough. Had a decent battle with Pedro and worked hard all night.

Virgil (5) Better than the horrorshow against Watford, but still looked below his usual level and was occasionally troubled by Giroud, which wouldn't normally happen. So by his standards, he was fairly average

Gomez (5) Came back into the side, but looked a bit tentative at times, and not aggressive enough as Chelsea ran at us. Like everyone else, needs to step it up, and quick.

Robertson (5) Fairly secure in the first half, but he was kept from attacking too much by Willian's prodigious workrate on the right. Didn't do enough with what attacking possibilities he had, and was another who was slack with his passing.

Fabinho (3) What has happened to him? Since he returned from injury he's been so shit I wish he was still injured. Dozy as fuck all night, useless in and out of possession, and Barkley and Gilmour made him look about 100 years old. Fucking dreadful. He needs to be dropped, but we don't really have too many options, as Keita is shit (and always injured), and Milner is 34.

Lallana (4) Usual silken touches, but the problem is that, while he was never exactly blessed with pace, now he seems almost incapable of running at all, and he was about as robust as an empty bag of fucking crisps as Chelsea breezed past him at will.

Jones (5) Won't be that happy, especially with a very passive first half in which he was hardly involved. Improved for a spell after halftime and tried to influence things more, but wasn't enough and was hooked for someone. Can't remember who. Don't care.

Mane (6) Best attacking threat by far and caused Chelsea a few problems, but wasn't clinical enough with the chances he had, and Kepa made several good saves to deny him a goal.

Origi (4) Think he had one decent effort, and then just ambled around in his usual clumsy fuckwitted fashion. Nowhere near good enough.

Minamino (5) Started brightly enough with a couple of sharp passes and movement, but presented almost zero genuine threat, and did fuck all after the break. Looks exactly like a £7m footballer and isn't good enough to be near the first team on this evidence.

Subs: Pffffft.

Last edited:
He missed a great chance last night from a central position about 8 yards from goal.
Even the commentators mentioned that one - the ball came to him at lightning pace - it was not an easy thing to get under control, also - Mane missed a few didn't he ? - he had more promising chances than Origi had in that entire game. @LFC Stats - he is flexible because he has been playing on that left hand side, did better than most last night but only so much you can do if the ball never comes to you from midfield.

That's silly mate - Gomez & VvD partnership had an incredible partnership going last year (before his injury) and for like 15+ games this year ... He's struggling a bit which is natural - he's a kid still.
So was the Lorven/VVD partnership, and when he was Injuried it was the Matip/VVD partnership until he in turn was injured...

Point being there were time that the CB pairing were playing well with all three (Lovren,Matip,Gomez) and the others only got to play because of injuries, which if you discount the domestic cups it seems to be the norm under Klopp that if a CB pair, no matter who along side VVD are playing well Klopp will not change it...

I just feel that Matip VVD is our best pairing at CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom