• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

I don't think what Brendan has said has been that wrong. Obviously you've got to take a lot of it with a pinch of 'Brendan is going to be dead offensive here for a laugh'.

But I don't think he's an actual racist. It's like some of the stuff you see in Always Sunny etc. Overt, stereotyped racism for a laugh.

I've only skimread most of the thread, though, so maybe I've missed some of it.

The stuff he's pointed out like the conditions in the wet markets and that, the fact the Chinese have lied about figures, other posters did play down Coronavirus while bigging up Swine flu... *shrugs*

He even said our government are shit. I don't think it's tubthumping "us British are better than you filthy savages". It's fucked up. It is. He's just pointing it out in the Brendan way.

Meh.

I don't think what Brendan has said has been that wrong. Obviously you've got to take a lot of it with a pinch of 'Brendan is going to be dead offensive here for a laugh'.

But I don't think he's an actual racist. It's like some of the stuff you see in Always Sunny etc. Overt, stereotyped racism for a laugh.

The stuff he's pointed out like the conditions in the wet markets and that, the fact the Chinese have lied about figures, other posters did play down Coronavirus while bigging up Swine flu... *shrugs*

He even said our government are shit. I don't think it's tubthumping "us British are better than you filthy savages". It's fucked up. It is. He's just pointing it out in the Brendan way.

Meh.

I'm not even British* really! Well, depends on who I'm trying to annoy.

*I mean, like, the clue is in the name.

I mean god forbid the NHS staff in charge of his care are under such pressure, that they overlook some critical aspect of his treatment.

We don't have one. But its Dominic Raab who's next in line.

Coronavirus:

fc2f2928f9775d3e4be2d40545607c05.1000x563x1.jpg

The Calderwood story in Scotland is unbelievable.

Scotland's chief medical officer, went to visit her second home on two successive weekends despite telling everyone else to stay home.

Her position is surely untenable

If I had a second home I would have fucked off to it ages ago. Obviously it would have been sans wife and kids!

Well the wife has one, but there's a student living in it so I couldn't kick her out and move in... or could I??

If I had a second home I would have fucked off to it ages ago. Obviously it would have been sans wife and kids!

Well the wife has one, but there's a student living in it so I couldn't kick her out and move in... or could I??

You'd be better off moving to a wet market for hygiene reasons.

Meh.

He’s been right and he’s been a bit racist at times.

I'm off to Lanzarote next week for 10 days. Went on the Lanzarote forum I normally use to see if there's any worries about the virus there.

Happy to report that the main topic of conversation is what shops there you can buy black pudding in.

So I got back two weeks ago. Couldn't post as I was in isolation for two weeks.

The good news is that there was loads of black ( and white) pudding in the supermarkets. The bad news is that the fucking Brits bought up the whole fucking lot of it. Bastards!

I'd actually argue there's a genuine need for a cross party government during this time, as per a war footing.

I believe Starmer has ruled that out now.

The opposition are now more included in meetings/briefings etc than before but it doesn’t look like it will go as far as a National Government

Lots of speculation that it's pneumonia, or suspected pneumonia, as any other testing they'd need to do they could have done outside the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom