• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Citeh match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we Klopp selected Milner at one of the FBs in this game; having both Moreno and AA makes us vulnerable down the flanks (not to mention less-than-ideal situation at CB, not sure why Klavan is playing). And in hindsight AA instead of Gomez looks like a mistake, at least so far.

I'd be hoping Milner would start for Moreno as well. It's a gambit that hasn't worked. We were always going to be vulnerable at the back but without Mane up front we're not going to be able to win a shootout with City.

Poor Mane.

That killed this match.

Hope the keeper isn't too badly hurt like but that's never a red card , not in a million years!

Damage limitation time , keep the score at 2-0 please

That miss from Salah is going to prove crucial now.

Shame we were still in it while looking shakey.

Mane out for 3 games is a disaster but if nothing else there will be zero hype around us for a while now.

Too many gambles today from Klopp it seems.

Moreno over Milner
TAA over Gomez
klavan over Lovren
No Coutinho option off the bench

Need to bring Solanke and Sturridge on. Firmino and Salah aren't going to be effective without a pressing set up.

So have we clarified who this obvious cunt using a new name is yet?

Leo, or someone else mentally handicapped?
Long time lurker.
So i know exactly what you're like.
Some sort of internet hardman/bully who craves attention which he can't get from his work,looks or personality.
Just another minion.

Any chance that appalling decision gets overturned? The FA seems to follow the media who are rightly pretty unanimous over this one, so maybe there's a chance.

That miss from Salah is going to prove crucial now.

Shame we were still in it while looking shakey.

Mane out for 3 games is a disaster but if nothing else there will be zero hype around us for a while now.

Too many gambles today from Klopp it seems.

Moreno over Milner
TAA over Gomez
klavan over Lovren
No Coutinho option off the bench

Only Klavan could be considered a gamble for this match. Moreno is a mistake. Other two are understandable.

Losing Mane for 3 games is bad news but we have AOC now. So maybe not as bad as it would have been in the past.

TAA needs to be spoken to and told what he's doing wrong and given an opportunity to fix it in the second half. Klavan is not good enough. I'm baffled he was played against those two city strikers. Can and Wini have been in passenger mode. I'd be tempted to bring off Wini and move firmino in there with Sturbridge up front.

Any chance that appalling decision gets overturned? The FA seems to follow the media who are rightly pretty unanimous over this one, so maybe there's a chance.
I don't think it'll get overturned. It's in the vague middle ground that means it won't

Poor Mane.

That killed this match.

Hope the keeper isn't too badly hurt like but that's never a red card , not in a million years!

Damage limitation time , keep the score at 2-0 please

The "dangerous play" rule is shit.

First and foremost the ref needs to decide if a player has the right to go for that 50-50. If he has and he mis-timed it, it will be a caution.

If he doesn't have the right to go for it then it's a red.

You can't say the player has the right to go for that and then penalize him for going for it.

I really think people are confused about this sending off here, hes not been sent off for high feet. Hes been sent off because he was late in a dangerous tackle.

If a player clears the ball and another player misses it going for the ball and ends up going knee high on the other players its a straight red. Right? Everyone agreed?

Well this is the same but the players FACE!!
The keeper won the ball, Mane misstimed the challenge and kicked him in the head.

Imagine the keeper boots that clear and Mane lunges late and takes him out at the knee, no one would argue with the red. THATS HIS FACE.

Its not about the height of his feet, its a dangerous and misstimed tackle, he missed the ball and took out the man. Its not even for one nano second debatable.

Its a crying shame because clearly there was no intention, but it doesnt matter, it was an awful misstimed challenge and he had to go.
If he had knicked the ball it may have been a different story.

Only Klavan could be considered a gamble for this match. Moreno is a mistake. Other two are understandable.

Losing Mane for 3 games is bad news but we have AOC now. So maybe not as bad as it would have been in the past.

Coutinho will be rushed back now too but Mane has been electric absolute disaster to lose him.

Coutinho will be rushed back now too but Mane has been electric absolute disaster to lose him.

I really think people are confused about this sending off here, hes not been sent off for high feet. Hes been sent off because he was late in a dangerous tackle.

If a player clears the ball and another player misses it going for the ball and ends up going knee high on the other players its a straight red. Right? Everyone agreed?

Well this is the same but the players FACE!!
The keeper won the ball, Mane misstimed the challenge and kicked him in the head.

Imagine the keeper boots that clear and Mane lunges late and takes him out at the knee, no one would argue with the red. THATS HIS FACE.

Its not about the height of his feet, its a dangerous and misstimed tackle, he missed the ball and took out the man. Its not even for one nano second debatable.

Its a crying shame because clearly there was no intention, but it doesnt matter, it was an awful misstimed challenge and he had to go.
If he had knicked the ball it may have been a different story.
So fucking right Oncey.

Just seen the replay. Both of Mane's feet are off the ground. That's a lot more dangerous than it looked in real time.

I would bring on Oxlade for Can or Gini in the 2nd half; we need some energy and pace and nothing to lose at this point.

Solanke for Firmino as well.

Because you seem to revel in a every negative thing that happens to us.

That's an incorrect assumption or perception.

I'm pissed off like most fans I just don't sugar coat it which hardly converts me into a Manc.

I haven't agreed with a lot of what Klopp has done with this game so obviously I'm even angrier now that a silly mistake has cost us the game and could have a big knock on effect

Clattenburg saying its a wrong sending off. Should have been a yellow. Can we appeal it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom