• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

City post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robertson had an amazing game. I love his never say die attitude.
Looks like we finally have a good LB.
Having said that, I feel he could have done better for their last two goals.

Robertson had an amazing game. I love his never say die attitude.
Looks like we finally have a good LB.
Having said that, I feel he could have done better for their last two goals.

I think he ran himself into the ground to be honest, literally. It's rare he switches off and his positioning from open play has generally been excellent.

I thought we'd struggle earlier in the second half, because of our relentless pressing, but it came in the last 10 mins or so. I think if you thrown VVD into that lineup at least one of the goals probably doesn't happen. We can only improve with him in there, but generally I felt we defended quite well. Robertson was doubled up on a bit with Sterling and De Bruyne, so he handled it quite well, Gomez had one lapse but was generally good too.

Gomez is a fuck up waiting to happen every game. I know he's young and talented yadda yadda yadda but he's not ready

A huge win, and maybe a psychological barrier has been passed. All of the media were ready to damn the team for missing Coutinho if they'd lost. But they won. And Martin Tyler and others were clearly desperate for us to collapse and draw, or worse. We didn't, and, if we react the right way, that can be a line in the sand. We withstood the pressure and won.

So many positives -

Robertson showing he has the celtic passion of Liverpool lore. What a great performance. And he's going to get better and better - he's a listener and learner. Excellent.

Chamberlain - what a tonic that goal will be for him. And HE will keep improving, too.

Mane - my god he needed that goal. Hopefully now he'll push on as well.

Can - bittersweet, this, but he showed his potential here today.

Winnie - I know some had criticism but I thought he worked his socks off. He's not a player who does spectacular things but he can really help weave some great patterns on the pitch, and he was quietly vital today.

Firmino - tireless and a fine goal.

Salah - he's just world class.

Only a few negatives -

I think it's right that Klopp properly assesses Karius now, as I get the sense he's not only tired of both keepers but also ready to spend to get a proper replacement. But Karius really alarmed me in the second half - any keeper, against a top class player who really hits the ball hard, can concede at the near post, but in the second half there were times when his nerves seemed so shot I wouldn't have objected to him being subbed. He really scared the shite out of me. Physically he has real potential as a keeper but mentally the guy is frail.

Gomez - great talent, great potential, he's making mistakes but nearly all do at that age. Give the guy some slack.

I know it sounds trivial, but Firmino really needs to remember that taking your shirt off gets a yellow card, and with his game, with about 20 minutes to go, there are all kinds of way you can pick up a second and be off. Imagine us trying to hold out with 15 minutes to go and he catches the heel of someone out of fatigue - red card if someone like Lee Mason is ref. Cut it out.

Gomez is a fuck up waiting to happen every game. I know he's young and talented yadda yadda yadda but he's not ready

He is ready, whatever that means (ready to be better than most defenders are in the sense he never makes a mistake?), and he's learning, like Hansen did, like Thompson did, like the wildly revised early career of the fleet-footed, faultless Hyypia did, etc etc.

To quote Klopp: 'what the FUCK was that?'

A win that many fancied us for, and we gave the quintessential Klopp performance: wonderful technique on show at breakneck speed; explosive finishing; demonic work rate; diabolical defending; zero ability to deal with pressure; a cunt in goal.

Karius (4) beaten far too easily at his near post for the Sane goal, and never looked like saving any of the others. Typically hapless when the ball arrived at any height in his box. We could have stuck a jersey on a fly-blown sheep carcass and chucked that in goal, and it would have made no difference to the score line

Gomez (5) plenty of his well-established physicality and he battled well, but he isn't a very good defender and, for the fifth time this season, he showed all the spatial awareness of Marty fucking Feldman when the ball is in the air. A liability.

Lovren (5) he made several crunchy challenges, but as usual, interspersed those with some classically brainless Lovren defending, as he mentally collapsed in the last 10 minutes

Matip (6) did the boring stuff uncharacteristally well, and made some good interceptions. He even looked strong in the air a few times.

Robertson (8) not exactly an 'ice in his veins' sort of player, but he didn't allow City too much joy, despite being under a fearsome amount of pressure at times. Hurtled up and down (and across) the pitch like a red blur.

Can (8) powerful and defensively sound, he patrolled the midfield and did his best to keep City at arm's length with a disciplined display. Missed him when he went off.

Wijnaldum (8) he can be infuriatingly sloppy in the final third, but he made several vital interceptions and his tree-trunk strength and fine technique allowed Liverpool to take control and cause problems further up the pitch.

Chamberlain (8) so important that he adds goals to his game, and this was a cracker. Made several fine, driving runs at City's rearguard and linked well with our attack. Needed him to take the sting out of the game later on, but he couldn't do that as well.

Mane (8) as fine a strike as you will see, unstoppable. Another quality effort hit the post and his pace was a threat all game.Getting back to his best form, I hope.

Salah (8) Yawn. Another game, another goal for the Egyptian Messi. This was brilliant even by his lofty standards, lobbed in from distance after a mistake from the keeper. What a footballer

Firmino (8) work rate, vision, lovely touch and close control. This was Firmimo with all his party tricks on show, capped off by a delightfully chipped finish, after mugging off Stones.

What a game...I knew our boys would be upto slaughtering those cunts. Anyway it was a game where we took the beast down and then it stood up and took two steps near us before time ran out for it. A message to the whole of Europe:

'Messi ? Were you and your new whore watching ? We are coming for you - you huntchbacked little fuck and that shit team of yours'

No harsh words for our team this night i am so happy after tonight because its a kind of redemption for our manager Klopp...love him. Players were great..and those being harsh on Gomez ... go fuck..he had a good game..and Robertson...fucking world class he was.

OX ... were you watching Phil ? yes he scored like you do and defended...something you could never do.

Love Klopp ... Love LFC.

P.s. we all have established our keepers are shit..why keep going on about it tonight..?.WE ALL KNOW.

I have been coming on this site too much lately since coutinho left. But secretly it was to relieve the stress of thinking about this game and the need for revenge after what happened at the etihad. But tonight i dont give a fuck if klopp signs no one else this season.

I think Gomez concentration will get better once Van Dijk is there. He was quiet vocal against Everton so I think that will help. It's annoying when Gomez has the slip up because the rest of the game seems to have really come on and his touch is excellent.
Was he one one the block for the 2nd goal which ran onto Silva, I thought it could have gone anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom