• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Comolli Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY?
Does it mean that all the transfers were his idea?
Does it mean that Kenny is next?

So he WAS responsible for Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Adams' signings?

On official

Fenway Sports Group and Liverpool FC confirmed today that Director of Football Damien Comolli had left the Club by mutual consent.
Principal Owner John Henry said: "We are grateful for all of Damien's efforts on behalf of Liverpool and wish him all the best for the future."
Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner added: "The Club needs to move forward and we now have a huge game on Saturday. It is important that everyone joins us in supporting the manager and gets behind Kenny and the team and focuses on a strong finish to the season."
Damien Comolli commented: "I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to work at Liverpool and am happy to move on from the Club and back to France for family reasons. I wish the Club all the best for the future."

Good news. Utterly pointless appointment in the first place.

Although I suspect there is an element of scapegoating (or trying to divert the blame) going on here.

Hopefully Dalglish is next.

You don't want us to lose this weekend, remember? :)

He's going to make us into a contender and you'll lose your "I'm right about everything, bar Hayden Mullins" tag.

Btw, based on Comolli's statement, it seems like personal issues were the problem, not professional.

very strange timing indeed , why would they not wait until the summer ?

Well in fairness, if Kenny was sacked before Comolli there would be uproar from the fans. The scapegoating suggestion seems very plausible!

Kenny won't be going, if anything this is a bit of scapegoat stuff, make Comolli responsible and leave Kenny where he is. I doubt going by the timing of it that it suggests anything about Kenny other than his place is secure.

To be fair though, what does this say for the players? It's public admittance that the transfers were poor. I hope it serves as a kick up the arse for a few of them, and Kenny.

Kenny won't be going, if anything this is a bit of scapegoat stuff, make Comolli responsible and leave Kenny where he is. I doubt going by the timing of it that it suggests anything about Kenny other than his place if secure.

I don't think that follows. It's very easy to get rid of Comolli, who has fuck all to do with the team on a day-to-day basis. They were hardly going to sack Kenny days before the FA Cup semi-final. If Kenny is sacked, it would be at the end of the season, so this means relatively little in the grand scheme of things.

The only thing that would indicate Kenny has bought a stay of execution is if they sacked Comolli on his advice, which we'll probably never know.

Two trains of though:

- It comes down to who made the signings that everyone, including Kenny behind closed doors, is saying are probably too poor to be 'first team regulars' at Anfield (at least short term - Carroll & Henderson may be ok in the future). It seems, going by this, it was Comolli.

- Someone has to take the fall for the season. Kenny is too popular to can him after one season. This is a warning that next season, he's gone too if it doesn't improve.

To be fair though, what does this say for the players? It's public admittance that the transfers were poor. I hope it serves as a kick up the arse for a few of them, and Kenny.

the league is over in a few weeks, the time to start making contacts with players is now (even though it's illegal) the timing is about right but you'd have thought that would have waited till after the weekend.

I see what you did there ...

I wonder who was the 'main' figure behind all our signings this summer. Adam was defo Daglish's ... Henderson? Carroll? Downing?
Weren't we chasing Adam throughout January, even before Kenny was made manager.
Same thing for both Suarez and Carroll.
I would have though both Henderson and Downing were Kenny's choices.

Oh for fuck sake!! Now who the fuck is going to find us under the radar gems like Downing and Adam.
This is terrible.

I don't think that follows. It's very easy to get rid of Comolli, who has fuck all to do with the team on a day-to-day basis. They were hardly going to sack Kenny days before the FA Cup semi-final. If Kenny is sacked, it would be at the end of the season, so this means relatively little in the grand scheme of things.

The only thing that would indicate Kenny has bought a stay of execution is if they sacked Comolli on his advice, which we'll probably never know.

Of course it follows. The timing of it before the FA Cup Final means the press will be focusing on the players and how they've failed. If anything it's putting pressure on them to perform and takes the focus off Kenny.

Of course it follows. The timing of it before the FA Cup Final means the press will be focusing on the players and how they've failed. If anything it's putting pressure on them to perform and takes the focus off Kenny.

is that a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom