• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Comolli Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think this indicates dc was more responsible than kenny for the flops.

Whether that's true or not I don't know.

Of course it follows. The timing of it before the FA Cup Final means the press will be focusing on the players and how they've failed. If anything it's putting pressure on them to perform and takes the focus off Kenny.

I agree, it does do that. But it doesn't follow that Kenny is safe. This could just as easily be a crude temporary measure to try and give us a lift for Saturday.

I think the idea that he is ultimately making room for Kenny is likely to be close to the mark.

Yeah true I guess, Del.. And I suppose it's a case of them saying, "look, we're not going to settle for this", so that the pressure is there and we have to get something on Saturday, so perhaps it does have a bearing on Kenny as well.

The timing is strange. Even if one were to believe the face-saving excuse about him wanting to go to France for family reasons, could that not have waited? It can't exactly be his busiest time at the moment, and its not like its far away.

Maybe he has another job lined up, the owners found out and sacked him?
Maybe Kenny is making a Benitez-like demand for 'total control'? Or maybe even Benitez is??!

Either way, he has gone. We'll just have to see what happens next I guess.

Btw, based on Comolli's statement, it seems like personal issues were the problem, not professional.

If that was actually the case wouldn't the club announce he's resigned rather than 'mutual consent', which suggests both parties wanted out?

It shows that FSG know that changing the manager won't make the slightest bit of difference

He also fucked up Suarez's case with his statement and probably more depending on how much he's involved during the process. Maybe Ayre will be the next?

A few people on other websites seriously want Carragher to get the managers role. Do they want us to get relegated?

I'm always fucking right and it's time you less intelligent beings started acknowledging that.

You say - Kenny this, Kenny that, tactics blah blah

I say it's irrelevant, how we spend our money is the important thing.

Who gets the boot? The one in charge of spending and contracts, because that is still our biggest problem.

I'm always fucking right and it's time you less intelligent beings started acknowledging that.

You say - Kenny this, Kenny that, tactics blah blah

I say it's irrelevant, how we spend our money is the important thing.

Who gets the boot? The one in charge of spending and contacts, because that is still our biggest problem.

Again, lol.

Ryan don't have me to bring up that game we won 4-0 after you declared the starting lineup to be 'tactical suicide'

I just don't believe Comolli was solely in charge of recruiting those players. He himself has said many times that kenny had final say on the signings although i'm sure kenny did put some trust in him for signings like coates etc . So to use him as a scapegoat , if that is the case, is a little weak of the club (and kenny?) if you ask me . Although they could view it as he signed off on these deals and wasted a massive budget which would be fair enough . What they might think of kenny's role in this transfers would be very interesting then.

And i'll be honest , it pisses me off how many people are so naive to the role of a director of football . Yes if he is buying players a manager doesn't want or interfering with on-field matters then it won't work but most teams in Europe work with a structure like this with a coach (manager) who deals mainly with the playing side of things .it can work .

In saying all that i always thought it was a little crazy that Comolli got the job on the basis that some moneyball baseball lad who brad pitt played recommended him . Indeed the Telegraph article hints the owners feel they might have rushed things appointing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom