• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Comolli Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rosco, You said they both were equally responsible for transfers based on a quote from Comolli, but feel free to alter that opinion to suit this argument, even as Dalglish states the opposite.

Anyway, the thread I started asking what sort of balls the owners had has started to be answered, and I couldn't be more pleased thus far. From the onset I felt that Comolli was one of those typical management types that is a better salesman of himself than he is a talented decision maker. This was ruthless, and deserved, I couldn't fathom how they all appeared so cozy at the Carling Cup final, given some of the abject failure we've seen.

I'd love to know exactly what happened, but I imagine I won't. Strange for it to happen now. Weird timing.

Ryan / Ross - please let's not take this thread down the "Who's always right? Ross or Ryan" avenue. We all know the answer, and it's tedious to go through our reasoning every time it comes up.

The answer is me. Except for the several hundred things ive been wrong about.

Ryan / Ross - please let's not take this thread down the "Who's always right? Ross or Ryan" avenue. We all know the answer, and it's tedious to go through our reasoning every time it comes up.

Yes, I'm always right. I just don't like showing it all the time.

We could of wasted all that money without a DOF. Time to shake things up. I like our owners, they are decisive and don't fuck about. They move when they see the need to.

Thats a timely warning to the players too.

Not sure what to think about this, either this means he is responsible for all the dross we signed in the last year in which case this is a good thing, or and this seems more likely, he and Kenny couldnt agree on signings Kenny pulled rank and one of them had to go. Kenny was unlikely to ever form a decent working relationship with a Director of Football, hes too old school for that, Comolli's record and Spurs and Arsenal was pretty good at spotting young talent and snapping it up, the kind of players we have been signing dont fall into that category at all, was he under pressure to produce big names for the first team, or was he simply over ruled but a board and a manager who wanted to go in a different direction.

Whatever happened its pretty clear our transfer policy is a disater. Adam Carroll Henderson and Downing were all a huge waste of money, if we sold them all tomorrow we wouldnt get half the money back. Somebody had to take the fall and ultimately its alot less costly for the owners in money and goodwill terms to fire a glorified scout who the fans never too to than the clubs greatest ever player.

People will obviously speculate about who was behind which signing and in truth we will probably never know however I'm very concerned about Kenny having free reign on the transfers, there is a good chance Kenny will buy a stack more players this summer to suit his system then get the sack in 12 months and we will have a load of over priced British players with zero technical ability while he freezes out players like Maxi Aqualani Meireles etc

Following Comolli's departure on Thursday, Dalglish said: "He has been really helpful in every transfer target that we've gone for.
"Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice.
"Once I made the choice who I wanted, Damien went away and did a fantastic job of bringing them in.
"It's sad to see anyone leave the football club and he goes with my best wishes."

We could of wasted all that money without a DOF. Time to shake things up. I like our owners, they are decisive and don't fuck about. They move when they see the need to.

Thats a timely warning to the players too.
How is that a warning to the players? I read it like, "we got rid of the one who bought you because you suck".

Rafa back with Kenny is an advisory/director role is an interesting proposition, is it one we'd be happy with? I do honestly think Rafa was a victim of circumstance as much as how badly we had performed, he did wonders for us and it was always going to be nigh on impossible for a manager to perform well in the circumstances he was in that season. Would I be happy if we got rid of Kenny and got a new manager? I don't know. Would I be happy if that manager was Rafa? I don't know. What do I want to happen? I don't know.

So are we going to have another director of football then?

I hope he's oh so moneyballey, and the press lets us know all about it.

why is rafa being mentioned so much ? just cause he's out of a job and hanging about ?

Rory Smith ‏ @RorySmithTimes
Just to clear 1 thing up: all of #LFC's signings were jointly approved apart from (definitely) Adam and (reportedly) Downing. They were KD.

good, hopefully adam will be fucked off in the summer.

Following Comolli's departure on Thursday, Dalglish said: "He has been really helpful in every transfer target that we've gone for.
"Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice.
"Once I made the choice who I wanted, Damien went away and did a fantastic job of bringing them in.
"It's sad to see anyone leave the football club and he goes with my best wishes."

Hmmmm this is odd

why is rafa being mentioned so much ? just cause he's out of a job and hanging about ?

Yep. He's been reasonably respectful. Respectful in the way that someone at a gangbang could be, stroking it in the corner; he's not exactly willing for the guy who is currently having a go to fall impotent, but he wouldn't mind if he'd either come or fuck off already.

Kenny has always maintained that he has had final say over transfers.

I think this announcement is an indictment of them both, just that Comolli is much easier to get rid of.

Just another version of Kenny's quotes . It sounds like Kenny was also fairly surprised by this and that he had a fairly decent relationship with comolli.

"I had a fantastic working and personal relationship with Damien since he came here," said Dalglish. "It is disappointing but I suppose there is not much in football which comes as a surprise.
"He has been really helpful in every transfer target we've gone for. Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice. Once I made the choice who I wanted Damien went away and did a fantastic job of bringing them in. It is sad to see anyone leave the football club and he goes with my best wishes and hopefully it is not long before we meet again. We wish him well with everything that he does."

Is that real? What a dumb bastard. They arrested the wrong man and Kenny wanders in the police station.
Jees.

Kenny will be in a DOF type role by end of June (with someone like Comolli doing the nerdy stuff). Time to start some "who do you want as next manager" threads again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom