• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Summer Transfers (2013/14)

Gary Medel - Cardiff (€11m plus €2m in add-ons)

BRWoqYKCAAI6TnR.jpg

Cardiff City can today confirm the record signing of Chilean international Gary Medel from Sevilla FC on a four year deal, subject to a work permit.

The midfielder has made close to sixty appearances for Chile and played in three of his country's 2010 FIFA World Cup fixtures in South Africa.

The 26 year old completed his medical on Saturday, having played for Sevilla the night before in their 3-1 win at Manchester United.

Speaking exclusively to cardiffcityfc.co.uk, Malky Mackay said of the news: "We're delighted to have secured the services of Gary - a tenacious and intelligent international midfielder.

"Having had two seasons of regular football in La Liga - with 60 odd international caps to his name and three appearances at a World Cup - his experience will be an invaluable asset to our squad.

"He's played in a number of Boca v River Plate derbies in Argentina - one of the world's biggest derby matches - and I've no doubt that his background and pedigree will complement our midfield group in the Barclays Premier League."

Seville-based news website ABCdeSevilla spoke to Medel from his Cardiff hotel room and the player passed on a message of thanks to the club’s fans.

The Santiago born star admitted: “It’s hard for me. I want to thank the Sevilla fans. I’ll always be on this team. Till death.”

He then explained his reasons for leaving the club he joined in 2011 for £3m.

He said: “I’m going because it was a good opportunity for everyone. But it is complicated by everything I feel for Sevilla.”

Samir Carruthers - MK Dons (youth loan)

sc-1-4x392-982608_478x359.jpg

Aston Villa’s Samir Carruthers has this afternoon (Saturday) joined Milton Keynes Dons on a youth loan until 4th January.

The 20-year-old midfielder offers further strength in depth and options to Dons boss Karl Robinson as he can play in the centre, on the wing or as the second striker.

Speaking to mkdons.com Carruthers said: “Last year I sat around on the bench a lot, I wasn’t really playing and I wanted to get out on loan but because of the number of injuries we had at Villa I was struggling to get out, but this year the manager has let me get some game time on loan and I am looking forward to it.

“All I want to do is play football and show what I can do so hopefully I can do that here. I don’t really have a preferred position; I can play anywhere really in the hole, on the wing or in midfield.

“I’ve been really impressed by what I have seen so far – the stadium is unbelievable. I’ve met the manager and some of the staff; everyone seems really nice and welcoming. I’m just looking forward to playing here.

“I watched the team last year and they play really good football, which is my type of football so if I can get involved hopefully it will be beneficial for both of us.”

Carruthers was on the books with Arsenal as a schoolboy but opted to switch to Aston Villa in 2009 and subsequently signed professional terms with the West Midland side.

In the 2011/12 season he made his debut under then-boss Alex McLeish when he was introduced as a 86th minute substitute in Villa’s 1-1 draw with Liverpool in the Premier League. Carruthers went on to make to further appearances off the bench and those cameo appearances have left the Villa faithful wanting to see more of the talented youngster.

His reputation does not just come from first team football, the Islington-born midfielder has been capped at Under-19 and Under-21 level for Republic of Ireland and he played a pivotal role in helping Villa’s Reserve side to Barclays Premier Reserve League South success two years ago.

Carruthers was part of the Aston Villa Under-19s side that won the NextGen Series title last season, a tournament where 16 of Europe’s top young sides compete in a Champions League style format. Currethers and Villa saw off teams such PSV Eindhoven, Olympiacos, Sporting CP and Ajax en route to a 2-0 victory over Chelsea in the final.

Although yet to feature under Paul Lambert’s reign, Carruthers’ potential was recognised in the summer when he signed a new two-year deal at Villa Park to keep him at the club until 2015.

Carruthers will be available for the Dons’ Capital One Cup and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy campaigns. He will wear the number 22 shirt.

The midfielder’s loan move is subject to clearance from The Football League and The FA.

Keith Andrews - Brighton (loan)

1029164-16590152-640-360.jpg

Albion have completed the signing of Republic of Ireland international and reigning FAI Player of the Year Keith Andrews on a season-long loan from Bolton Wanderers.

The 32-year-old midfielder agreed terms yesterday and completed his move south this morning, having passed his medical at the Amex earlier today – he is available for selection for today's game against Derby County.

Oscar Garcia commented, “We are pleased to welcome Keith to the club. He is a player with experience at the top level of the English game and international football – including World Cups and European Championships.

“Keith is a player who I know will enjoy the way we like to play. He is a dynamic and energetic player and brings different qualities which will complement our existing midfielders, and he will bring added competition to our midfield.” Andrews was named the FAI's 2013 Player of the Year.

Andrews played in Bolton’s opening game of the season at Burnley last weekend, and came off the bench in the Trotters’ 3-1 Capital One Cup win over Shrewsbury Town.

Andrews began his career with Wolves and saw service with Stoke City, Hull City and MK Dons, before Paul Ince paid £1.3m to take his to Blackburn Rovers in 2008. In three years at Ewood Park he played 70 Premier League games, before joining Ipswich Town and later West Bromwich Albion.

Dublin-born Andrews joined Bolton Wanderers last summer, and in February of this year was named the Republic of Ireland’s Player of the Year for 2012.

Throughout his career Andrews has made more than 350 senior appearances and scored 45 goals; he also has 35 international caps, and 3 international goals.

Marcelo - Hannover (undisclosed fee, reportedly €3.5 million)

PSV-played-a-great-game,-insists-Marcelo-207514.jpg

Hannover 96 confirmed the signing of Brazilian defender Marcelo on Saturday. The central defender joins from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven and has signed a contract until June 30th 2017.

The transfer fee remains undisclosed. Marcelo, whose full name is Marcelo Antonio Guedes Filho, will train with his new Hannover teammates for the first time on Tuesday.

With Marcelo, we have signed a valuable alternative in the centre-back position that will strengthen out team, explained 96-sporting director Dirk Dufner. “He brings European experience with him with appearances in the UEFA Europa League as well as in the UEFA Champions League qualifiers, and has also played in the top leagues in the Netherlands, Poland and Brazil.”

“Marcelo was a regular starter at PSV Eindhoven and has the qualities that you look for in a modern-day central defender: consistent tackling, physical presence and good play from the back. He also impressed during the friendly match in the HDI Arena a few weeks ago. I’m delighted he’s decided to join 96,” said manager Mirko Slomka.

Name: Marcelo Antonio Guedes Filho
Born: May 20th 1987 in Sao Vicente (Brazil)
6’3’’, 89 kgs
4 U20 appearances for Brazil
Previous clubs: PSV Eindhoven, Wisla Krakow, FC Santos
Experience: 91 Eredivisie appearances (5 goals) for PSV Eindhoven, 49 top-flight appearances (10 goals) for Wisla Krakow and 41 first-division appearances (2 goals) for FC Santos

Saber Khlifa - Marseille (reportedly €2.5 million)

r-SABER-KHLIFA-OLYMPIQUE-DE-MARSEILLE-large570.jpg

Olympique de Marseille and Evian TG have reached an agreement terms for the transfer of striker Saber Khlifa. After two seasons in the Haut-Savoyard, the 26-year-old Tunisian forward has enjoyed an unusual, yet spectacular rise through the ranks on a career path that has led him to OM...

Scorer of last term's Ligue 1 Goal of the Season, against Nice, Saber Khlifa can play as a central striker, but also on the left of the attack. Providing he passes the traditional medical, he will be plying his trade for Olympique de Marseille this coming campaign.

Born on 14 October 1986 in Gabès, in Tunisia, Saber began his career as a junior at Stade Gabésien. One season, and 15 goals later, he joined local giants Espérance of Tunis in 2005 where he signed a five-year deal. The club from the capital loaned him out to Hammam Lif, where he netted 20 goals in 44 matches.

In 2011 the career of this Carthage Eagle soared to new heights when he signed for Evian Thonon Gaillard, after interest from a number of European clubs. He joined the Haut-Savoyard club in June of that year and made his Ligue 1 debut against Nice on 14 August 2011, scoring the winning goal.

A Tunisian international (23 caps / 5 goals), he played 83 matches with ETG, scoring 25 goals, including a superb 65 metres lob against Nice on 12 May 2013. Above and beyond his quality in front of goal, Saber Khlifa is also a hard worker, at the service of his teammates. In his two seasons in Ligue 1, he also delivered seven assists.

After announcing he would be leaving Evian at the end of last season, Saber interested a number of French clubs, but decided to join OM to take the next step in his career and play Champions League football in the famous white shirt.

Ondrej Celustka - Sunderland (loan)

ondrejcelustkacu.jpg

Sunderland have secured a tenth summer signingCzech defender Ondrej Celustka.

The 24-year-old, primarily a right-back, has joined the Black Cats on a season-long loan from Turkish side Trabzonspor.

Celustka began his career in his homeland with FC Tescoma Zlin. He joined Slavia Prague in 2009, making 41 league appearances and scoring three goals.

Following a short spell on loan at Palermo, Celustka linked up with Trabzonspor, making 55 league appearances for the Turkish Super Lig club.

Internationally, the defender has 18 U21 caps to his name for the Czech Republic and featured for his country in the U21 European Championships in 2011.

Marouane Chamakh - Crystal Palace (free transfer)

chamakh-4361-988238_478x359.jpg

Crystal Palace are delighted to confirm the signing of Morocco international striker Marouane Chamakh on a one-year deal.

The former Arsenal forward has joined the Eagles on a permanent deal after competing a medical in SE25, and will wear the number 29 shirt.

French-born Chamakh, 29, came to English football in June 2010, after joining Arsenal on a free transfer from Bordeaux, where he played more than 250 matches, scoring 61 goals.

He scored 14 goals during his time at the Emirates Stadium, before spending a spell on loan at London neighbours West Ham at the end of the 2012/13 season.

Chamakh, who has also scored 17 goals in 63 appearances so far for his country, is the third striker to be brought in by Ian Holloway this summer, following the arrivals of Kevin Phillips on a free transfer and Dwight Gayle from Peterborough United.

Sebastian Cristoforo - Sevilla (undisclosed fee, reportedly €2.25m)

BRgOoujCQAAE1i2.jpg

Sevilla have completed the signing of Uruguay youngster Sebastian Cristoforo on a five-year deal.

The 19-year-old has joined the Rojiblancos from Penarol for an undisclosed fee, having impressed at the recent Under-20 World Cup.

Cristoforo is an all-round central midfielder, but can also play in a holding role.

"I have arrived at a big club in Sevilla," the 19-year-old told the club's official website on Monday after putting pen to paper on a five-year deal.

"This is a great opportunity for me, I am very happy and I can't wait to start," Cristoforo added.

Stewart Downing - West Ham (reportedly £5m)

_69258546_stewart_downing_whu.jpg

West Ham sign Liverpool's England winger

West Ham United have signed England winger Stewart Downing from Liverpool for a fee of about £5m.

The 29-year-old has agreed a four-year contract with Sam Allardyce's side and follows striker Andy Carroll in swapping Anfield for Upton Park.

Downing was signed by Liverpool in a £20m deal from Aston Villa in 2011.

"I'm very excited. It's a great opportunity for me being here, it's a great club and I'm really excited to get going," said Downing.

"I've played a decent few games for Liverpool in pre-season, so there will be no problems on that front."

Matej Vydra - West Brom (loan)

vydra1151-989330_478x359.jpg

ALBION have signed Udinese striker Matej Vydra on a season-long loan.

The Czech Republic international completed his move today after passing a medical and will wear the No.20 shirt.

The 21-year-old has now linked up with his country for Wednesday’s friendly with Hungary in Budapest and will return to train with his new team-mates for the first time ahead of Saturday’s Barclays Premier League opener against Southampton (ko 3pm).

Vydra shot to prominence on these shores last season during a year-long loan spell at Watford, where his 22 goals helped the Hornets reach the play-off final.

His impressive form saw him named the Championship Player of the Year and Watford’s Players’ Player of the Season, as well as figure in the PFA Championship Team of the Year.

Vydra scored his first international goals with a brace in a 3-0 win over Armenia in March’s World Cup qualifier.

Head coach Steve Clarke said: “I’m delighted to welcome Matej to the club.

“He had a really good year with Watford and we believe he’s got the qualities to score goals at a higher level. Hopefully, he’ll show that this year with us.

“We had Matej watched throughout last season. As well as some excellent scouting reports, we had some really good feedback from within Watford about Matej as both a player and person.

“I’ve said previously we’re a bit light in the forward areas and Matej will increase competition for places. He’s another good quality striker to add to the other three senior forwards we have here.”

After a playing at youth level for hometown club FC Chotebor, Vydra moved to Vysocina Jihlava where he started his senior career.

He joined fellow Czech outfit Banik Ostrava in January 2010 as a 17 year old, scoring four goals in 14 games in a six-month spell before moving to Italian Serie A side Udinese.

In August 2011, a loan move to Club Brugge was cut short by injury but the following summer he sealed a switch to Vicarage Road – and hasn’t looked back since.

On the international scene, Vydra has played at every level from Under-16s and currently has seven senior caps, having scored twice.

Vydra is Albion’s third new recruit following the arrivals of Nicolas Anelka and Diego Lugano. The club have also re-signed Goran Popov on a season-long loan from Dynamo Kiev.

Albion’s Sporting & Technical Director (Designate), Richard Garlick, said: “Matej is a player we watched consistently last season due to the level of his performances for Watford and the number of goals he scored.

“We faced a lot of competition for his signature and we’re delighted he has chosen us to make the step up to Barclays Premier League level.

“Matej feels he can be successful here and we believe he will bring a different dimension to our attacking options.

“He’s a clever player, is quick and can play anywhere across the front three positions, or in a slightly withdrawn role.”

In total, Vydra has made 58 career league appearances, including 20 as a substitute, scoring 24 goals.

“I didn’t know a month ago if I was coming back to England but I am very pleased to become a West Bromwich Albion player and I will do my best for the team,” said Vydra.

“There was a lot of club interest from around Europe and England.

“But I choose West Bromwich Albion because of the manager.

“He is one of the best managers in England and plays a European style.

“I spoke briefly to my former coach Zola on the telephone and he advised me to go to West Bromwich Albion because the style of play will suit me.

“I think it is a good choice for me.

“Another reason I chose West Bromwich Albion is because it is a great opportunity to play alongside a big striker like Nicolas Anelka.”

“I’m glad I have my future sorted for this season and I look forward to meeting the players on Thursday when I return from international duty,” added Vydra.

“I had a very good season last year and I would like to continue that form.

“Of course I can’t promise how many goals I will score but the most important thing is the club.

“I’m very quick, I think I’m dangerous in the penalty area, and I can shoot with my left or right foot.

“I want to play each game and do everything I can to help my team-mates win games.”

Franco Di Santo - Werder Bremen (free transfer)

disantoblitzdonner630neu.jpg

SV Werder Bremen have signed Argentinian international Franco Di Santo on a free transfer from English club Wigan Athletic. The deal was confirmed by Werder's Sport Manager, Thomas Eichin, on Wednesday.

The 24-year-old, 1,93 meter tall attacker signed a three-year deal with the club from the banks of the Weser. The front man passed his medical examination at a Bremen clinic on Tuesday but is currently back in England. Franco Di Santo is expected back in Bremen on Thursday for his official presentation. "We had been in the hunt for a robust striker with experience in a big league. We are very confident that we have found a good solution in Franco Di Santo. He is experienced but still possesses enough potential for development in order to make a great leap forwards. He wants to make it to the 2014 World Cup with Argentina and we would be very happy if he gained the necessary attention playing in Bremen, for him to achieve that goal," said Thomas Eichin.

The Argentinian, who played the last of his two ‚A‘ internationals in a World Cup qualifier against Bolivia in March 2013, is looking forward to the new challenge: "Werder have a very good name and the Bundesliga is a very attractive league. I want to show what I am capable of here".

Di Santo, who also holds an Italian passport, was signed to Chelsea FC as a 19 year old in 2008. After a one-year loan spell at Blackburn Rovers, the young striker moved to Wigan Athletic in 2010. He didn't feature regularly for the relegated side at the latter end of the previous season, having announced that he would not be extending his contract with the club.

Franco Di Santo was born on April 7th, 1989. As a youngster, he made the brave move to Chile for the sake of his football career and caused quite a stir at Audax Italiano. Di Santo was a regular in Argentina's ‚Under 20‘ national team and played alongside Werder legend Claudio Pizarro in Chelsea.

Tom Huddlestone - Hull (undisclosed fee, reportedly £5.25 million)
tom-huddlestone-signing-4-3116-992054_478x359.jpg

Jake Livermore - Hull (loan)
images

The Tigers are delighted to confirm the signing of England international midfielder Tom Huddlestone from Tottenham Hotspur.

Huddlestone joins for an undisclosed fee and has signed a three-year deal. The 26-year-old has been allocated squad number eight for the new season.

The former Derby County player arrives with plenty of Premier League experience and has been capped four times by England at senior level.

We are also pleased to announce the loan signing of Tottenham midfielder Jake Livermore.

23-year-old Livermore, who made 11 Premier League appearances for Spurs last season, has joined on a season-long loan.

Both players will join up with the Tigers’ squad for the first time at training on Thursday.

Levy is an absolute genius. How on earth did he manage to get 5M for Tom Huddlestone?

Levy is an absolute genius. How on earth did he manage to get 5M for Tom Huddlestone?

Indeed, a good sale alongside the £8-9 million one of Caulker. They've made a 100% profit from Huddlestone's sale too.

Luiz Gustavo - Wolfsburg (reportedly £17 million)

802838-1.jpg

Luiz Gustavo is to make an immediate move from FC Bayern Munich to VfL Wolfsburg. The 26-year-old midfielder has signed on with the ‘Wolves’ until 2018 and is to be officially presented as a Wolfsburg player later this Friday. The exact details of the deal remain undisclosed. The Brazilian international, who was a triple winner with Bayern Munich last season (Bundesliga, DFB-Cup and Champions League), has made a total of 136 Bundesliga appearances, scoring eight goals, for Hoffenheim and Bayern. Gustavo has won eight caps with the ‘Selecao’.

Esteban Granero - Real Sociedad (loan with option to buy)

file.jpg

Real Sociedad have completed the season-long loan signing of Esteban Granero from Queens Park Rangers.

It marks a return to Spain for the 26-year-old, who joined the Premier League outfit from Real Madrid last summer but saw Harry Redknapp’s side suffer relegation to the Championship in his debut season.

The former Spain Under-21 international is understood to have earned around €2.7m-a-year at Loftus Road. However, it is believed he has taken a significant drop in wages to join La Real, who finished fourth in La Liga last term and enter the qualifying stages of the Champions League when they face Lyon at the Stade Gerland next Tuesday.

The loan agreement is reported to contain an option to buy Granero at the end of next season, but also appears to be a snub for Fulham, who had made an enquiry about the player and were hoping to persuade him to make the move across London.

Anton Shynder - Shakhtar Donetsk

178451__max_news.jpg

Shakhtar Donetsk have completed the signing of Anton Shynder. Tavriya’s former striker has signed a 4-year contract with the Pitmen.

Anton Shynder
Born on 13 June 1987 in Sumy
Position - forward
Previous club - Tavriya (Simferopol)
Ukrainian league - 77 games, 18 goals
Ukrainian Cup - 4 games, 1 goal
European competitions - 1 game
Ukraine national team - 2 games

FC Shakhtar
Press Office

Ricardo Fuller - Blackpool (free transfer)

ricardo-fuller-4x3204-993390_478x359.jpg

Ricardo Fuller has put pen-to-paper on a one-year deal at Blackpool, with an option for a further year.

The 33-year-old striker, who spent last season with Charlton Athletic, becomes Paul Ince's seventh signing of the summer.

"As a striker, we live and die by scoring goals or not scoring goals. Hopefully, I'll continue to do my best and score goals, create goals and make something happen for the team," he told the official website.

Capped 73 times by Jamaica, Fuller spent the longest part of his career with Stoke City but has also had stints with Preston North End, Portsmouth and Southampton.

No stranger to playing against his new boss, The Seasiders' number 19 is looking forward to learning from him at Bloomfield Road.

"I played against him towards the back end of his career and he was always a player that wanted to do well, no matter how old or young he is. He's been at top clubs and any player in my shoes, or any shoes, would want to play for a manager like that."

Fuller is currently looking to build-up his match sharpness as he looks to make a quick impact in tangerine, with The Seasiders' shirt colour one he fully approves of.

"My first club in Jamaica, Tivoli Gardens, wore a very similar colour - orange and black - so it's bright and I like it. I'm looking forward to putting on the shirt and doing the best I can.

"I'm looking forward to playing as soon as I'm fit enough, or as soon as the manager sees me as ready enough to do my part," he added.

"With Ricardo, two years ago he was playing 30-odd games for Stoke in the Premiership and I think since I've been here we've not had that big, strong tough man, who can hold the ball and bully centre-halves," said the Pool boss.

"I actually think, looking at The Championship, it's starting to get more physical than it was the past couple of years and you need a physical presence and we've got that in abundance, but I always felt that we needed someone like Ricardo.

"Speaking to Chris Powell, they wanted to sign him but they are waiting for a takeover to take place so he was disappointed to lose him, but it's a chance for him to come in a show what he can do.

"But as his CV stands he is a very good player. I don't think he is 100% fit, in fact I know he's not, but then again neither is Steven Davies or Chopra and they are all behind as far as throwing them in straight away for 90 minutes, so the fact that we've got three of them, they may have to play bit parts during the game because I don't think they are fit enough to last 90 minutes."

Neil Alexander - Crystal Palace (free transfer)

Neil%20Alexander-1361459

Crystal Palace are pleased to announce the signing of goalkeeper Neil Alexander on a free transfer.

The veteran stopper has penned a one-year deal at Selhurst Park to provide experienced competition to current number one Julian Speroni.

Alexander, 35, will be best known to fans of English football for his successful spell with Cardiff City between 2001 and 2007. He also went on to play for Ipswich Town and Rangers.

It was in his native Scotland where Alexander began his career, at Stenhousemuir in 1996, before moving on to Livingston two years later.

He enjoyed a successful three-year spell here, helping the club to the Scottish First Division title in 2001. Alexander then moved to Cardiff that summer, for a fee of £200,000, where he played alongside Danny Gabbidon and was coached by current Palace goalkeeping coach, George Wood.

During his six years at Ninian Park, he became regular between the sticks as the Bluebirds won promotion to the Championship. By the time he departed the Welsh capital in July 2007, with more than 200 appearances under his belt, he was the longest serving member of the club’s squad.

Alexander immediately joined fellow Championship side Ipswich Town and became their new number one, making 31 appearances in his six-month spell. That was brought to an end when Rangers came calling in January 2008 and he went on to play a vital role in the club’s UEFA Cup and Scottish Cup semi-final victories in the latter part of that season.

He went on to win three Scottish Premier League titles, three Scottish league Cups and two Scottish FA Cups in his time at Ibrox.

Despite Rangers’ demotion to the bottom tier of Scottish football, Alexander stuck with the club and continued as their number one goalkeeper, until his contract ran out at the end of June.

After signing his one-year deal at Palace, Alexander said: “I’m absolutely delighted. To become part of a Premier League club is massive for me. I’m very much looking forward to the season – it’s going to be a very exciting season this year.

“The club done fantastic last year, they’ve got a great set of players here. I’ve worked with George Wood the goalie coach before – he’s a great coach, one of the best I’ve worked with. The chance to come back and work with him was very appealing.

“And obviously being in the Premier League, one of the best leagues in the world was one of the main things for me. I’m really looking forward to the season ahead and I can’t wait to get started.

“Julian’s done fantastically well here. He had a great season last year, but it’s important to have good back-up, experienced back-up and I think that’s what I’ll bring to the squad.”

Etienne Capoue - Tottenham (reportedly £9 million)

etienne_730.jpg

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Toulouse for the transfer of Etienne Capoue.

The France international, 25, has made 174 appearances, scoring 13 times in Ligue 1 for Toulouse and was named in the league's Team of the Year in 2012 alongside Hugo Lloris.

The powerful defensive midfielder, who can also be employed at centre-half, has represented his country at Under-18, 19 and 21 level as well as earning seven full international caps, scoring once.

Aleksandr Kokorin, Igor Denisov and Yuri Zhirkov - Dinamo Moscow (undisclosed fees)

BR0WlCmCUAAwV6X.jpg

(Kokorin, Denisov and Zhirkov)

Dinamo Moscow have wasted little time in capitalising on the clearout at Anzhi Makhachkala by snapping up Igor Denisov, Yuri Zhirkov and Aleksandr Kokorin.

The capital outfit did not disclose any details, either in terms of the size of the transfer fees or the length of the contracts involved, but vice president Gennady Solovyov did confirm that the Russia trio would be presented to the media on Friday.

"You will be able to see Kokorin, Denisov and Zhirkov at the Dinamo training ground as early as [Friday]," Solovyov told Izvestia. "The new players will be presented there."

Although midfielder Oleg Shatov's move to Zenit was announced on Wednesday, Denisov, Zhirkov and Kokorin are the first high-profile players to leave Anzhi following the announcement by club owner Suleiman Kerimov of the implementation of immediate and severe cost-cutting measures.

The billionaire had pumped €200 million (£170.7m) into his hometown club since taking charge in January 2011 but is now overseeing one of the biggest fire-sales in football history.

Mauro Formica - Cruz Azul (undisclosed fee)

BRhr_WICYAAc9xg.jpg

Rovers can confirm that Mauro Formica has joined Mexican club Cruz Azul FC on a permanent deal.

The Argentine forward makes the move after spending two-and-a-half years at Ewood Park.

Signed in January 2011 from Newell's Old Boys, 'Gato' made 55 Rovers appearances, scoring five goals.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Serie A side Palermo, before returning to Rovers in the summer.

Formica moves to Cruz Azul for an undisclosed fee.

Andreas Granqvist - Krasnodar (€5 million)

BRzEYTNCEAAVrgP.jpg

Italian club Genoa have wished Andreas Granqvist well after confirming his transfer to Russian club Krasnodar.

The defender has moved on a permanent basis, two years after joining the Grifone from FC Groningen.

It is understood that Genoa have netted €5m for the Swedish centre-back who was also wanted by QPR.

“The Villa Rostan club would like to thank the Sweden international for his professionalism and work from June 2011 until today,” Genoa wrote on their official website.

Back
Top Bottom