• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Summer Transfers (2013/14)

Florian Marange - Crystal Palace (free transfer)

o_girondins_de_bordeaux_florian_marange-2182627.jpg

Crystal Palace are pleased to confirm the signing of French defender Florian Marange on a free transfer, subject to FA and Premier League approval.

The versatile 27-year-old, who can play at left back or centre half, has put pen to paper on a one-year deal with the club.

Marange, who will wear the number 3 shirt at Selhurst Park, becomes Ian Holloway’s ninth signing of a busy summer in SE25.

The former France under-21 international is venturing outside his homeland for the first time, having spent his entire career contracted to Bordeaux.

Marange made almost 100 appearances for the Ligue 1 outfit and spent loan spells at Le Havre and Nancy. He also represented his country at youth level and played against England in the UEFA European Under-19 Championship Final.

Marange joins fellow French speakers Elliot Grandin and Marouane Chamakh at Selhurst Park, following their arrivals in south London earlier this summer. He could go straight into the squad for Sunday's Premier League opener against Tottenham Hotspur.

Sergio Romero - Monaco (loan with option to buy)

resizedimage626349-image5.jpg

Sampdoria have loaned Sergio Romero to Monaco with an option to buy.

The Argentine goalkeeper underwent a medical this week and the statement appeared on the Blucerchiati website this morning.

“UC Sampdoria announce the loan, with option to buy at the end of the season, to AS Monaco of player Sergio German Romero.”

It's reported the option to buy is worth €6.5m.

Samp are now looking for a replacement and the favourite is Siena shot-stopper Gianluca Pegolo.

Pablo Osvaldo to Soton for 15 mill. Spending some serious money and building a decent team.

Lucas Neill - Omiya Ardija (free transfer)

BR9NdAUCEAE_vbt.jpg

Australia skipper Lucas Neill has ended his long search for a new club by finalising a deal with Japanese side Omiya Ardija.

Neill arrived in Japan on Thursday to meet the J.League club's officials and undergo a medical before he penned a deal for the rest of the season.

The contract, however, will only take him through to December, leaving Neill possibly in limbo again six months out from the FIFA World Cup in June - opening the possibility of another A-League stint.

"I'm very excited that I was able to join Omiya Ardija," Neill was quoted as saying on the club's website on Sunday alongside a picture of him wearing the team jersey.

"I hope I can become Ardija's strength with my passionate playing style and strong will to win.

"I want to use my experience to help my teammates achieve the club's goals.

"I have been working to a specific strategy in the lead-up to next year's World Cup and this represents the next step.

"I am proud to have joined the club."

The former Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United and Galatasaray defender joins fellow Socceroos player Josh Kennedy, who plays for Nagoya Grampus, in Japan.

The 35-year-old has been without a club since his 10-game stint with A-League side Sydney FC was cut short by injury last season.

Neill played just three games with the Sky Blues, his last a 1-1 draw with Western Sydney Wanderers in late March.

Pablo Osvaldo to Soton for 15 mill. Spending some serious money and building a decent team.

BSCNFTJCAAIDoZv.jpg

Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Italy striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo.

Osvaldo today agreed terms on a four-year contract with Saints and moves from Serie A side A.S. Roma.

The 27-year-old arrives with an impressive goalscoring record, with 79 goals in the 232 senior appearances he has made during his spells in Argentina, Italy and Spain.

Buenos Aires-born Osvaldo has played for Italy nine times – most recently in their friendly against his birth country last Wednesday – and has scored three goals for the Azzuri in qualifying matches for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

He will now be reunited with Saints' First Team Manager Mauricio Pochettino, who he played under during his successful 18-month spell with Spanish side RCD Espanyol.

The frontman is expected to be available for next Saturday's Barclays Premier League game against Sunderland at St Mary's, and will be officially presented as a Southampton player tomorrow.

Vaclav Kadlec - Eintracht Frankfurt (€3.2 million)

-w640_kadlec-eintracht-01.jpg

Czech striker Vaclav Kadlec will join the Eagles on a four year contract this week. The 21 year-old striker signed the contract on Sunday.

Kadlec has made 146 competitive matches for Sparta Prague (39 goals) and already gained experience in European competitions and the Czech national side (2 games, 1 goal). He joined Sparta Prague from Bohemians in 2008 and scored his very first league goal at the age of 16. He is 180 cm tall and has a 68 kg weight.

Sporting Director Bruno Hübner: “We are delighted that the deal came together after all. Kadlec has plenty of potential to become a good Bundesliga player, although we need to give him time to adjust to the league. Manager Armin Veh was very keen on signing Kadlec and it’s great that we managed to seal the deal.”

Scott Parker - Fulham (undisclosed fee, reportedly £3.5 million)

parker-port.ashx

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of England international Scott Parker from Tottenham Hotspur on a three-year deal, for an undisclosed fee which will see the player at the Club until at least the summer of 2016.

The 32-year-old midfielder joined Tottenham in 2011 from West Ham United having spent four seasons at Upton Park where he made more than 120 appearances for the Hammers. In his final season at West Ham, he was voted Football Writers’ Association (FWA) Footballer of the Year.

Born in Lambeth, Parker started his senior career at Charlton Athletic in 1997 after spending seven years at the club’s academy. He lifted the Premier League title with Chelsea in 2004/05 and Fulham becomes his fifth London home in a senior career spanning 16 years; the only period away from the capital was two seasons at Newcastle United and a brief loan spell at Norwich City.

Parker has made more than 300 appearances in the Premier League and has 18 international caps, while he captained the England team in early 2012.

At last summer’s UEFA European Championship, he started in every group match helping England to top spot ahead of France, Ukraine and Sweden.

Speaking from Fulham’s Motspur Park Training Ground this evening, Scott Parker said: “I’m delighted to be joining Fulham and I’m looking forward to meeting my new teammates at training tomorrow morning. Fulham is an established Premier League club and I look forward to trying to help the team progress even further over the next three years.”

Martin Jol added: “I’m delighted that Scott has joined us. He’s a midfielder who works tirelessly for his team and is a fantastic player both on and off the ball. It is wonderful to see a player of his stature playing for Fulham Football Club as he has shown his qualities in the Premier League and for the England team for many years. I’m happy that he’s here and joins us for training ahead of our first home match of the season.”

Saphir Taider - Inter Milan (50% co-ownership, reportedly €5.5 million)

BSMfMvSIcAA2SY5.jpg:large

"What does Inter mean to me? A great team that has won everything. I’m happy." With these words Saphir Sliti Taider has begun his Nerazzurri adventure, which brings him from Bologna on a co-ownership agreement.

He was born in Castres, France on 29 February 1992 but in March 2013 opted to play for the Algerian national team. The midfielder made his professional debut in 2010 with Grenoble in Ligue 1. Then in the following season, in Ligue 2, he made 25 league appearances and scored a goal.

Upon leaving the French club, Taider crossed the border to Italy to sign with Bologna, where he racked up 51 appearances and scored 5 goals for the Rossoblù before making the leap to the Nerazzurri.

We here at Inter, along with all of our fans, would like to give Saphir a warm welcome to the club!

Lassana Diarra - Lokomotiv Moscow (reportedly €12 million)

20130820_diarra.jpg

French former Chelsea, Arsenal and Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra has left struggling Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala to join Moscow premier league rivals Lokomotiv, the football clubs announced.

Diarra is the latest star player to leave Anzhi after their billionaire owner Suleiman Kerimov earlier this month decided to scale down the club's ambitions and drastically shrink their budget.

The contract with Lokomotiv is for four years, the club said in a statement late on Tuesday. The value of the transfer was not disclosed but the Interfax news agency said it was worth 12 million euros (S$20.3 million).

As a result of Kerimov's dramatic change in policy at Anzhi, almost all of the star players signed in a bid to make the Dagestan side world beaters are being put on the market.

Scott Wootton - Leeds (reportedly £1 million)

18913.jpg

Leeds United have agreed a deal to sign highly-rated Manchester United defender Scott Wootton, heading off competition from a number of other clubs keen to recruit the young defender who has played in the UEFA Champions League.

The versatile 21-year-old central defender, who can also play in either full back position, will join on a three–year contract.

Former England youth international Wootton made his first team debut at Manchester United last season after progressing through the Old Trafford Academy. He also gained valuable Championship experience during loan spells with Nottingham Forest and Peterborough United.

Chairman Salah Nooruddin said: “We’re delighted to agree a deal to bring in Scott. He is a young player who has played on the biggest stage, and who Brian identified as one he was keen to sign, not just for what he brings now, but for the future as well."

United managing director David Haigh said: “The owners and board have said all along that we will support Brian in strengthening the first team squad in order to create a successful and sustainable future for Leeds United. Scott fits the bill perfectly and we welcome him as an exciting addition to the squad that the manager is shaping.”

Brian McDermott said: “I’m delighted to have agreed the signing of Scott Wootton on a three-year deal. He’s a player who has played in the Champions League and someone we feel will develop with us in the coming years.

“I want to say thanks to the owners for doing the deal and bringing another young player to help us go forward.

Jason Puncheon - Crystal Palace (loan)

puncheon-4x361-1006254_478x359.png

Crystal Palace are delighted to confirm the signing of Southampton winger Jason Puncheon on a season-long loan deal.

The 27-year-old has joined the Eagles on a temporary contract after completing a medical in SE25 earlier this week.

In moving to the club, Puncheon joins up with manager Ian Holloway for the second time, having played under him during a loan spell at Blackpool at the back end of their 2010/11 Premier League campaign.

Croydon-born Puncheon started his professional career at Selhurst Park with Wimbledon in 2003 and stayed with the club as they re-located to Milton Keynes. He played 26 times for the club under their new name of MK Dons, before moving to Barnet on a free transfer in July 2006. He featured almost 100 times for the north London outfit, scoring 17 goals, before being snapped up by Plymouth for £250,000.

Puncheon’s career in Devon failed to get off the ground and he spent three separate loan spells back at MK Dons, before former Crystal Palace defender Alan Pardew signed the winger for Southampton in January 2010. He became a regular in the Saints side under Pardew, although he was ineligible to play in their Johnstone’s Paint Trophy success over Carlisle at Wembley at the end of March.

Pardew was sacked three games into the 2010/11 season and Puncheon found himself out of favour with new boss Nigel Adkins. He was sent out on loan to Millwall, scoring on his debut in a 1-0 win over Middlesbrough, before netting a hat-trick against Palace in January 2011.

After hitting five goals in just seven appearances during his brief spell at The Den, Puncheon was signed by Holloway at Blackpool to aid their survival bid. But his three goals in 11 Premier League appearances were not enough to keep the Tangerines in the Premier League.

Puncheon spent another spell out on loan at QPR at the start of the 2011/12 season, but only made two substitute appearances during his time at Loftus Road. On his return to Saints, Puncheon found himself back in the first-team fold and helped the club finish second in the Championship, featuring in the 4-0 win over Coventry on the final day to seal their Premier League return.

He made 34 appearances for the club in all competitions last season and scored seven times – the last of which came in the 1-1 draw at Sunderland in May 2013.

Speaking to Palace Player about his move, Puncheon said: "I think it's a great move for myself to come and play games. Obviously Crystal Palace are my hometown club and more importantly Ian Holloway is here as well.

"I know Ollie really well. He was a massive factor in this move.

"He knows the league. He's done it before and I think he will learn from his time at Blackpool and bring it into the team here.

"I actually played for Crystal Palace as a kid when I was eight. I left and there were a few times in my career that I was due to come back but didn't. Now I'm here that's the main thing.

"I've always as a young kid dreamed of playing at Selhurst Park, so it's a young boy's dream coming true."

Charis Mavrias - Sunderland (undisclosed fee, reportedly £2.5million)

Mavrias%20scarf.jpg

Sunderland AFC have confirmed the signing of Greek international Charalampos (Charis) Mavrias from Panathinaikos for an undisclosed fee.

Mavrias, 19, arrives on Wearside after agreeing a three-year deal with the Black Cats.

The Greek midfielder came through the Athens side’s academy. He made his club debut in the UEFA Champions League as a 16-year-old in 2010, becoming the second-youngest player ever to play in the competition.

The youngster made 59 domestic and 11 European appearances for the Greek side, scoring six goals.

He has also made two appearances for the Greek national side, as well as being capped at U17, U19 and U21 level.

Mavrias has been assigned the squad number 35.

@Binny

What's been your favourite transfer of the window so far, or the one that interests you the most ?

@Binny

What's been your favourite transfer of the window so far, or the one that interests you the most ?

There's simply far too many to pick a particular 1. Montella has done considerably well in his short career as manager (1st at Catania and now Fiorentina). Fiorentina were pretty good to watch last season too. They might have lost Jovetic but the additions of Ilicic, Gomez, Joaquín and the return from injury of Rossi should mean they won't have too many problems up front. They had the 2nd best attack in Serie A last season, even ahead of Juve but conceded almost twice the no. of goals compared to the champions so I'm slightly surprised they haven't made major additions defensively. They've also not turned their loan keeper's (Viviano) move into a permanent one. A good keeper and/or defensive addition will make their spendings pretty impressive in terms of improvement and balance imo.

Denis Suárez - Barcelona B (reportedly £1 million)

220813_FIRMADENISSUAREZ_VIC_4093.v1377194847.JPG

FC Barcelona and Manchester City have agreed to terms for Denis Suárez. The player, born in Salceda de Caselas, Pontevedra, arrives from Manchester City and has signed through 2017, his buyout clause has been set at 12 million euros. His buyout clause will jump to 35 million euros if he’s promoted to the senior side.

Denis Suárez is 19 years old and he spent the last two seasons playing for Manchester City. The Spaniard, who signed for the English side in 2011 from Celta Vigo’s youth team, has regularly featured internationally for Spain – he recently participated in the U20 World Cup in Turkey alongside Gerard Deulofeu. During the tournament he faced off against his now team-mates Edgar Ié and Agostinho Cá.

Denis made his debut with Manchester City during the USA tour in 2011 against the Los Angeles Galaxy. His first official game with senior side was last season, against Aston Villa in the Capital One Cup.

Matt Philips - QPR (undisclosed fee, reportedly £5 million)

phillips-signs-61364-1010010_613x460.jpg

QUEENS Park Rangers Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated wide-man Matty Phillips.

The 22 year-old winger has today (Friday) put pen to paper on a four-year contract at Loftus Road, after Rangers agreed an undisclosed fee with Blackpool for the Scotland international.

Phillips, who is set to return to full training in the next few weeks following a recent arm operation, has been handed the number 7 shirt in W12.

Speaking moments after signing on the dotted line in W12, he told www.qpr.co.uk: “QPR are a club with huge ambition.

“The direction in which the club is heading, with the signings that have already been made this summer, it seems like the perfect time to come here.

“We all know what Harry Redknapp is about and personally I can’t wait to play for him.

“I’ve had a taste of the Premier League and nothing would please me more than to help get QPR back into the top flight.

“I’m very excited to be here and relishing the opportunity to play for the club.”

Phillips becomes Harry Redknapp’s sixth signing of the summer and the R’s gaffer is delighted with his latest piece of business, commenting: “Matt’s got a big, big future ahead of him in the game, so we’re delighted we’ve been able to get him here.

“I like having wingers in my teams and he’s very direct. He can take people on and make things happen. He’s quick, he gets at people, he can make goals and he can score goals.

“He gets people off their seats and that's what you want to see as a supporter. He’s a really exciting signing for us.

Iago Falque - Rayo Vallecano (loan)

d2edf0c6-bc05-4bc3-bc82-cb1af5947fbb

Tottenham midfielder Iago Falque has been loaned out to La Liga side Rayo Vallecano for the rest of the season.

The Spain U21 international is yet to play in the Premier League for Spurs and he enjoyed a temporary spell with Almeria last season.

Falque played a role in helping the Andalusian side gain promotion to the Spanish top-flight, scoring twice in 22 appearances.

The 23-year-old also spent a brief spell on loan at Southampton in 2012 but will now return play in his home country.

Duvan Zapata - Napoli (€4 million)

BSiIkanIYAAm1-N.jpg

Napoli have a completed a deal to sign Colombian striker Duvan Zapata from Argentine side Estudiantes. Zapata scored 13 goals in Argentina’s top division last season.

The 22-year-old played for Colombia’s U20 side in 2011 and will join Rafael Benitez’s Napoli squad following a medical.

“We’ve agreed the purchase of Zapata,” the Serie A club’s president Aurelio De Laurentiis said on his Twitter feed on Friday. “The player is on his way to Naples for the medical.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...as-new-season-kicks-off-in-italy-8783017.html
Top five: Serie A ins and outs
Buongiorno Italia:

Gonzalo Higuain Real Madrid – Napoli; €37m (£32m)
Kevin Strootman PSV – Roma; €16.5m (£14m)
Mario Gomez Bayern Munich – Fiorentina; €16m (£13.6m)
Raul Albiol Real Madrid – Napoli; €12m (£10.3m)
Carlos Tevez Manchester City – Juventus; €11.8m (£10m)

Arriverderci Italia:

Edinson Cavani Napoli – Paris Saint-Germain; €64m (£55m)
Marquinhos Roma – Paris Saint-Germain; €31.4m (£26.7m)
Stevan Jovetic Fiorentina – Manchester City; €26m (£22m)
Daniel Osvaldo Roma – Southampton; €15.1m (£12.75m)
Maarten Stekelenburg Roma – Fulham; €5.6m (£4.75m)

Stephane Mbia - Sevilla (loan with option to buy - for reportedly €4m)

BSoJrKBCEAALaB-.jpg

Sevilla have made official the capture of Queens Park Rangers midfielder Stephane Mbia on a provisional loan deal.

Los Nervionenses have picked up the 27-year-old on a provisional season long loan deal from the English Championship club, with a purchase option up to next summer also included, believed to be at €4m.

With that in mind, Sevilla have also confirmed that they have a provisional three-year contract with the Cameroon international already in place.

Sevilla’s statement on the player’s arrival curiously also came with a message regarding continued transfer speculation surrounding Geoffrey Kondogbia.

“Sevilla insist that Mbia’s signing has nothing to do with the possible sale of Kondogbia and they are not linked,” posted the Andalucians yesterday evening.

“After the game against Slask, rumours soared of Kondogbia’s removal from the team for stomach problems.

“However, against Levante he came out at half-time and was one of the highlights of the second half, which, combined with yesterday joining the talk that Unai Emery had in view of the public before training, suggests that the club are taking all possible steps to convince the Under-20 world champion that staying with Sevilla this season would be good both for him and the club.

“The closure of the market will mark the end of this soap opera.”

Oussama Assaidi - Stoke City (loan)

assaidi-signs-640-26jul13-4226-1017118_478x359.jpg

STOKE CITY have completed the signing of winger Oussama Assaidi on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

The 25 year old Moroccan international completed the formalities of his move to the Britannia Stadium earlier today and becomes manager Mark Hughes’ fourth signing of the summer behind Erik Pieters, Marc Muniesa and Juan Agudelo.

Hughes said: “Oussama had a few options and I’m delighted he has chosen to join us. He’s an exciting player, who has great pace and is very direct and will certainly add another dimension to what we already have at the Club.”

Chief Executive Tony Scholes said: “Mark identified the need to add more pace to the team and Oussama certainly fits the bill in that regard.

“He is an exciting talent and will certainly strengthen the resources at Mark’s disposal this season.”

Assaidi joined Liverpool from Dutch side Heerenveen last summer and made four Premier League appearances in his first season at Anfield. He scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen.

He started his career in Holland with Almere City before moving to De Graafschap where he got his first taste of top-flight football.
Assaidi has been allocated squad number 24.

Razak Boukari - Sochaux (loan)

Boukari-conference.jpg

[article]Wolves midfielder Razak Boukari this afternoon completed his season-long loan to FC Sochaux – exactly a year since he arrived at Molineux in a £2.5m switch.

The Togo winger passed his medical in France last week only to fail to agree personal terms.

However, after a round of fresh talks, the 26-year-old has completed the paperwork and was expected to be unveiled by the Ligue 1 outfit later today.

Boukari was signed by former boss Stale Solbakken from Rennes but made only four league appearances before his season was ended by a persistent calf injury.

His departure means Wolves have succeeded in removing another player from their wage bill.

Kevin Doyle and Bakary Sako are the remaining stars whose future remains unclear ahead of the end of the transfer window a week today.[/article]

Adem Ljajic - Roma (reportedly €10m plus a further €3m in performance-related bonuses)

BSwGf5sCYAAbTA_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom