• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed transfers 2012/13

818db26b-ea70-4ed1-8218-f0ef56d15d41_2012-07-06%20M%20Overmars%200044.jpg

Marc Overmars - Ajax (Director of Football Affairs)

Ajax have appointed Marc Overmars as the club’s director of football affairs.

There had been talk of the former Holland winger taking up a post at the Amsterdam ArenA for some time, and now Ajax have moved to seal the deal.

Overmars will have responsibility for transfers, youth training and scouting.

Now 39 years old, Overmars ended his playing career in 2009, back at his very first club, Go Ahead Eagles.

Overmars signed for Ajax in 1992, remaining at the Dutch giants for five years before being snapped up by English outfit Arsenal.

Then it was on to Barcelona for the speedy winger in 2000, before eventual retirement in 2004, and then a comeback for a season in 2008 with Go Ahead Eagles.

Overmars is a popular figure at Ajax and his appointment will be widely welcomed.

o_________________stimac_hrvatska_1.jpg

Igor Stimac - Croatia (National Team Coach)

Former Croatia defender Igor Stimac took over as the Balkan country's coach on Friday and vowed to take them to the latter stages of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil from a tough qualifying group.

The 44-year old Stimac succeeded former Hajduk Split team mate Slaven Bilic, who stepped down after six years in charge following an early Euro 2012 exit and took over Russian first division side Lokomotiv Moscow.

Stimac, who partnered Bilic in the centre of Croatia's defence when they finished third in the 1998 World Cup, said he would raise the bar in order to bring the best out of his team.

"I believe we can look forward to better things and I will do everything in my power along with my staff to raise the level of our performances and results," Stimac told a news conference.

"We plan to improve things gradually and instil more confidence into the squad because we want to go to Brazil as contenders, not as also-rans.

"We are in the toughest of Europe's nine qualifying groups for the 2014 World Cup and it's also the most competitive qualifying group for a major tournament Croatia has ever been drawn in," he said.

The Croatians were pitted alongside neighbours and traditional rivals Serbia, Belgium, Scotland, Wales and fellow former Yugoslavs Macedonia.

Stimac was appointed after Thursday's inauguration of former Real Madrid striker Davor Suker as Croatia's FA (HNS) chief.

Suker, who won the 1998 Champions League with Real and then took the Golden Boot in that year's World Cup, said he would meet with Croatian President Ivo Josipovic in due course to discuss anti-hooliganism measures.

"We are ranked among the world's top 10 teams and as such highly valued abroad, but incidents such as those some of our fans caused in Euro 2012 are damaging our reputation," he said.

"We want to be a respected team in Brazil, not one that will keep paying fines for fan misbehaviour."

Croatian fans repeatedly caused trouble in Euro 2012 and the HNS was fined after some of them racially abused Italy striker Mario Balotelli and also displayed racist banners in their 1-0 defeat by eventual champions Spain.

If that is indeed the toughest group Croatia have ever been drawn in to I can understand why they are so often at the Finals.

Not one of those teams were present at Euro 2012.

Serbia, Belgium, Scotland, Wales and fellow former Yugoslavs Macedonia.

jackson_martinez_8646_119347441.jpg

Jackson Martinez - Porto (€8.8 million )

Porto have signed Colombia striker Jackson Martinez on a four-year contract from Mexican club Jaguares subject to a medical, the Portuguese champions said on Saturday.

"We reached a deal with Jaguares to sign Jackson Martinez for an €8.8 million fee," Porto said in a statement published on the website of Portuguese stock market regulator CMVM (www.cmvm.pt).

The speedy 25-year-old, linked with a move to the English Premier League, has a buyout clause of €40 million in his contract.

Gianfranco-Zola-001.jpg

Gianfranco Zola - Watford (First Team Manager)

WATFORD FC confirms the appointment of Gianfranco Zola as First Team Manager.

The 46-year-old Italian has signed a two-year contract at Vicarage Road.

"Everyone knows how Gianfranco Zola likes football to be played," said Watford's Technical Director Gianluca Nani of the appointment.

"I think Watford's fans can expect an exciting and attacking style from his team. Gianfranco represents this project perfectly."

Zola gained initial coaching experience working with the Italy Under-21 squad shortly after he'd retired from playing at the age of 39.

The Sicilian then guided West Ham United to a ninth-place finish in the 2008/09 Premier League, before parting company with the Hammers at the end of the following campaign.

The former Napoli, Parma and Chelsea goalscorer was capped 35 times by Italy during a glittering playing career which included title-winning medals at club level for the UEFA Cup, UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, England's FA Cup & League Cup as well as Serie A in Zola's home country.

2012-07-06T195329Z_1_CBRE8651J9700_RTROPTP_2_SPORT-SOCCER.JPG

Louis van Gaal - Netherlands (National Team Coach)

Louis van Gaal has been appointed coach of the Netherlands for a second time, signing a two-year deal to succeed Bert van Marwijk.

The Royal Netherlands Football Association (KNVB) confirmed on Friday that the 60-year-old had put pen to paper on a contract which will expire after the 2014 FIFA World Cup, for which the Dutch begin their qualifying campaign in September.

Van Gaal previously took charge of the Oranje in 2000 following the departure of Frank Rijkaard, but stepped down when the team failed to reach the 2002 World Cup. He takes the reins from Van Marwijk, who quit last month after the Netherlands' group stage exit at UEFA EURO 2012.

"I am happy that the KNVB approached me," said Van Gaal, who will be assisted by former Dutch international Danny Blind. "This is the challenge which I have been waiting for."

Van Gaal made his name as a coach at AFC Ajax in the 1990s, securing three successive Eredivisie titles, the 1992 UEFA Cup and the UEFA Champions League three years later. A championship winner with FC Barcelona and AZ Alkmaar, he was most recently employed by FC Bayern München, whom he left in April 2011 having guided the Bavarians to Bundesliga glory the previous season.

KNVB director Bert van Oostveen said: "We are pleased to have come to an agreement. We were looking for a trainer with a wealth of experience, with personal and technical expertise"

Bringing the gayness factor back to Goodison there, the kind they've sadly lacked since the departure of McFadden.

Tottenham have announced that a deal has been agreed with Ajax to sign Jan Vertonghen, subject to the defender passing a medical. More to follow.
by @SkySports

Tottenham have announced that a deal has been agreed with Ajax to sign Jan Vertonghen, subject to the defender passing a medical. More to follow.
by @SkySports

Thats 2 reasonably good signings at 2 reasonable fees.

vertonghen730.jpg

Jan Vertonghen - Tottenham (reportedly €12 million)

Tottenham says it has reached an agreement with Dutch champion Ajax over the transfer of defender Jan Vertonghen.

Tottenham said on Sunday that the Ajax captain and Belgium international will move to White Hart Lane subject to a medical. The Premier League club didn't say how much it had agreed to pay for the 25-year-old Vertonghen, but Ajax announced the fee as €12 million.

Vertonghen led Ajax to the Dutch league title last season, scoring 10 goals from the centre of defence. He was named Ajax and the Dutch league's player of the year.

Tottenham appointed former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas as its new manager on Tuesday, and followed up that appointment with the signing of Iceland midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson the day after.

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Ajax for the transfer of Jan Vertonghen, subject to a medical.

The 2011/12 campaign was the Belgium international's most successful season to date - being named Ajax captain at the start and going on to lead the Dutch side to their second straight league title.

The centre back's impressive performances did not go unnoticed as he was named Eredivisie Player of the Year as well as Ajax's Player of the Year in a season that saw him score 10 times in 37 appearances. In total, Jan made 220 appearances and scored 28 goals for Ajax since making his debut for them in 2006.

Will be interesting to see if he can take the step up from the Eredivisie.
Prone to the odd mistake but potentially a good signing.
Imho Alderweireld is the better centre back prospect from Ajax though.

I have no idea who the fucks this is, but I'm pretty sure we should have signed him.
He's a DM who broke into the Coventry team last season. He's only 18 and so I reckon he's been bought to replace Tiote the season after next (when Newcastle cash-in on the excellent Tiote). He seems to read the game very well and he's quite solid in the tackle also he seems decent in possession. I've only seen him a couple of times but strangley enough the player he reminds me most of is a young Tiote.

0,,10373~11026810,00.jpg

Park Ji Sung - QPR (£2.5 million potentially raising to £5 million)

Queens Park Rangers Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of South Korean midfielder Ji-Sung Park.

Park - a global phenomenon with a vast medal haul to his name - has penned a two year-deal at Loftus Road, after Rangers agreed an undisclosed fee with Manchester United for the midfielder's services.

The 31 year-old's arrival in W12 represents a significant transfer for QPR boss Mark Hughes, who expressed his delight at the signing, commenting: "This is a real coup for QPR.

"We are delighted Ji is going to join us because his record speaks for itself. He has been a big player for Manchester United and played a big part in their success in recent years.

"He is hugely respected there because of what he has achieved, his application to his work and the impact he has on games.

"He was always picked for the big matches because they could rely on him, and we are going to reap all those qualities.

"I think it is fair to say Ji has been attracted not by where QPR are, but where QPR are going. We were able to show him where we feel the Club is heading and he embraced it.

"He felt this was a good option for him and after giving seven great years to United he wanted a new challenge. He sees QPR as very much a Club on the up and wants to be part of something that is going to be very special.

"Ji gets what we are trying to do. He has been part of a well-oiled machine at United and now he wants to have an impact somewhere else.

"This is a huge signing for this Football Club."

Park - who during his time at United has won the FIFA Club World Cup, the Champions League, four Premier League titles and three League Cup winners' medals - said: "I am delighted to be here and be a QPR player.

"QPR is a Club with huge history and tradition, and a great ambition to achieve at the very highest level.

"Tony Fernandes and the Board are striving to accomplish big things at QPR and I wanted to be part of that.

"This project was simply too good to resist, and I am excited about getting started in pre-season and going on our tour to Asia in the coming days."

The midfielder - who has scored in the three consecutive World Cup Final tournaments - added: "I am joining a Club that is very much on an upwards curve - a Club that has a very bright future.

"The infrastructure is in place, with a new training ground and plans for a new stadium, for us to achieve in the short and long term.

"The Manager has a proven track record at Premier League level and I am looking forward to working with him and the rest of the squad to help take this Club to the next level."

QPR Chairman Tony Fernandes hailed the arrival of the South Korean superstar, adding: "I'm overjoyed and can't wait to see him in a QPR shirt.

"I am the ultimate dreamer and myself and Mark have worked incredibly hard to make this happen. Ji has bought into the story and we couldn't be more delighted.

"What started as a little idea is now a reality and it shows that people are beginning to buy into our story.

"It shows out determination and our ambition to build this Club.

"Ji is a global star, with a Champions League winner's medal to his name, and he is as excited about this move as we all are."

image.axd

Samir Handanovic - Inter Milan ( €11m)

It’s now official – Samir Handanovic is an Inter player after he completed his move from Serie A rivals Udinese.

The club confirmed via a note on their website this afternoon that the Slovenian’s contract has been delivered to the Lega Serie A.

The outfit didn’t reveal any financial details, but it is believed that the custodian has cost them around €11m. As part of the deal, Marco Davide Faraoni has moved to Udinese on a co-ownership basis.
New signing Samir Handanovic has expressed full confidence in Inter after arriving at the club’s Pinzolo summer training camp.

The 27-year-old spent the last five years as the first-choice goalkeeper at Udinese before completing a high-profile move to Andrea Stramaccioni’s side this summer for €11m, leaving the fate of Julio Cesar in doubt.

“I want to greet all the fans and say ‘Forza Inter!’ At Udinese we didn’t have this many fans at a presentation – it’s a first for me,” noted the Slovenian.

“For me Inter are a great team. We have the champions to win. And it being my first day, I’ve said enough already,” he smiled.

Hmm, holding up a QPR shirt with Air Asia on it. Football qualities you say..
Can't believe that Man U could potentially get £5m for Park and we only got £1m for Dirk.

You would almost believe that a Fergie protege was in charge at QPR

He's been quite lucky with Bruce, Keane and Hughes...
Quite lucky?
You're joking right?

I wish we had a couple of former players as managers that would take all our deadwood off our hands for an extortionate fee.
There might need to be a bung involved though I guess.

Yes, I was joking ole mate. He's been handed millions of pounds on a silver plate.

Back
Top Bottom