• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Confirmed transfers 2012/13

1313524851882_solosuper_20110816_205307.jpg

Sergio Canales - Valencia (€12million)

Real Madrid have confirmed the departure of midfielder Sergio Canales to Valencia in a permanent deal until 2017.

The 21-year-old spent last season at the Mestalla on a temporary basis after a two-year loan deal was agreed.

The deal contained a double clause which allowed them to sign Canales permanently for a fee which was reported at the time to be €12million, and granted Real a repurchase option reported at €18million.

Los Che have now exercised their right to buy Canales, with the player reportedly signing a five-year contract.

A statement on Real's website confirmed: "Real Madrid CF and Valencia CF have concluded the agreement for the transfer of Sergio Canales. Real Madrid CF reserves a right of repurchase."

Santander-born Canales has represented Spain at every age group from U-16 to U-21.

Canales should be an example to all gifted youngsters in Spain, and abroad, who want to go to Madrid (or Shitty etc) - you won't be playing unless you're on a different level.

To go back to the Cazorla thing... why are Malaga selling him?

Did they sign him for 20M euros or pounds last season?

Looks like financial issues:

After a breakdown of the relationship with the owner, financial backing has decreased. The purchases of quality players, that has brought the club european football, such as Santi Cazorla from Villarreal CF have not been fully paid. Player wages have not been paid and there is now talk of players leaving to balance the books. However they are trying to sell the club and there are a few suitors that want this promising acquisition.

To go back to the Cazorla thing... why are Malaga selling him?

Did they sign him for 20M euros or pounds last season?

They're broke.
The owner stopped pumping cash in, lots of players have gone unpaid and they need to sell.

slawomir-peszko-signs2-060812-4x367-294640_478x359.jpg

Slavomir Peszko - Wolves (loan with option to buy)

Wolves have signed Polish international midfielder Slavomir Peszko from FC Cologne.

The 27-year-old, who can play in midfield or on the right wing, has put pen to paper on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Peszko started his career in Poland with Wisla Plock, scoring 28 goals in 143 games, before joining Lech Poznan in 2008.

Eleven goals in 68 appearances followed there, before moving to Cologne in January, 2011, where he scored twice in 43 outings.

He also boasts plenty of international experience, with his 24 caps including one goal, against Denmark.

While not making the Poland squad for this summer’s European Championships, he has been told by new coach Waldemar Fornalik that he will be considered for selection if he shows his form with Wolves.

Wolves boss Ståle Solbakken is delighted to be linking up with the winger once again.

He said: “Slawo is a player who can operate on both wings and had a very good first half to the season last year, setting up a lot of goals for Podolski.

“To be honest, and I think he would admit this himself, the second half to the season wasn’t as good and was maybe complicated by trying to get into the Polish squad for the Euros.

“But I know the quality that he can offer us including great acceleration.

“He is also not afraid, so while he may not be the biggest player in stature he is fearless which is one of his real strengths.

“Like a lot of us, I also think he will be looking for revenge for last season, and he is ready for a new challenge.

“I am delighted that new challenge is going to be with Wolves.”

Ah! This makes a lot more sense now.

Wish we had've signed Cazorla. Great little player.

They had to get money in and sold Rondon and Cazorla. If they didnt pay the wages the players were owed, relegation was on the cards.

pizarrhome.jpg

David Pizarro - Fiorentina

David Pizarro is officially a Fiorentina player after terminating his contract with Roma and passing a medical.

The Chilean midfielder spent the last six months on loan at Manchester City, but was no longer part of the plans at Roma.

This afternoon he agreed to rescind the contract with the Giallorossi and travelled to Florence for his medical.

In the evening Fiorentina released a statement announcing “ACF Fiorentina have signed David Marcelo Pizarro Cortes on a permanent basis from AS Roma.”

The Chile international, who has two goals and 36 caps to his name, will be presented to the media on Friday afternoon.

Pizarro turns 33 next month and has also played for Serie A sides Udinese and Inter.

Was this posted earlier?

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11918/7912679/Nemeth-makes-Roda-move
Nemeth makes Roda move
Striker signs up with Eredivisie outfit

By Gerrit van Leeuwen. Last Updated: July 18, 2012 9:42pm

Krisztian Nemeth has signed a two-year contract with Roda JC, offering him an immediate return to Holland following a loan spell at RKC Waalwijk.

The 23-year-old striker spent time in the Eredivisie last season after being deemed surplus to requirements by Greek outfit Olympiakos.

He caught the eye during his time with Waalwijk and Roda have taken the opportunity to snap him up on a deal which includes the option for a third year.

Former Liverpool forward Nemeth moves as a free agent and is looking forward to working with Ruud Brood again, the man who took him to Waalwijk before taking the Roda reins this summer.

"I am very happy that I can play for Roda JC," the Hungary international told the club's official website.
"Besides the fact that I have already worked with the coach, I have also made this choice because of the club.
"There is a strong team here and in the past many Hungarians have played here."

Was this posted earlier?

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11918/7912679/Nemeth-makes-Roda-move
Nemeth makes Roda move
Striker signs up with Eredivisie outfit

By Gerrit van Leeuwen. Last Updated: July 18, 2012 9:42pm

Krisztian Nemeth has signed a two-year contract with Roda JC, offering him an immediate return to Holland following a loan spell at RKC Waalwijk.

Cheers mate. Hope he gets over his injury problems.

krisztiannemethfacebook2.jpg

There was a lot of talk about Krisztian Nemeth in Holland recently about a possible move to Roda. Now all the speculation will end as the striker has completed his move to the Dutch side and penned a 2 year deal at the club with a possible option of a third year. It has been a remarkable turnaround for the young striker who was a free agent last summer, but no one was interested in buying him due to the fact that he was very injury prone and it looked like the striker’s career could be over. However, he didn’t give up as he stayed at his home club MTK for half a year before transferring to Dutch side RKC Waaljwik where he helped his team to a 9th place finish in Eredvisie. He was a changed man at RKC, finally proving why he was so highly rated back in his Liverpool days, when he scored goals for fun in their reserve team and was tipped to be the next big thing, but unfortunately injuries came in his way and he left the club after failing to fight himself into the first team of Liverpool. Now it looks like Nemeth is back again and he could be a very key played for Roda next season in Eredvisie, where once again we hope he will score goals and hopefully he won’t get injured!

120809-alexgeijo-4x3286-302119_478x359.jpg

Alex Geijo - Watford (loan)

ALEX GEIJO has today (Thursday) finalised his year-long loan to join Gianfranco Zola’s Hornets from Italy Serie A side Udinese.

The striker has spent the last two seasons on loan with Granada, also owned by the Pozzo Family, in Spain.

In 2010/11 Swiss-born Geijo helped fire Granada to promotion from the Spanish Segunda Division (equivalent of the Championship in England) with 25 goals in 33 appearances.

Injury disrupted his early-season progress during the last campaign, although the year was ultimately successful as Granada retained their position in Spain’s top division, the Primera Liga.

Geijo started his professional career in Switzerland with Neuchâtel Xamax, before moving to Spain with Malaga.

In 2005 he joined Xerov CD – where he netted 13 goals in his first season.

A spell with Levante UD followed in 2007/08 for two seasons before Geijo joined Racing de Santander.

The striker then moved to Italy and joined Udinese.

SWISS hitman Alex Geijo is here with one thing on his mind - putting the ball past goalkeepers.

“I like scoring goals, like all strikers," he told Hornets Radio's Jon Marks at UCL London Colney upon signing yesterday.

"But it's also important to work and help the team. It's good to score goals but it's more important that the team win."

No one begrudges a striker a bit of selfish streak - that's what they're all about. However Geijo's pedigree is as a line-leader, as well as someone who has become accustomed to finding the net.

"I hope to really get into Watford while I'm here. I only know Ikechi Anya so far (they played at Granada together), but when you join a new family it's like that.

"I'll get to know everyone and I don't speak brilliant English," he said, modestly, for it was perfectly okay to get through the interview.

"I don't know too much about English football other than, like Spain and Italy, the quality is high and it is full of strong players.

"I'm excited to come here, and to be working with someone like Gianfranco Zola is great for me," he smiled.

"He was a very good player and now he's my coach I want to do what he asks and to impress him where I can.

“I had a very good season with Granada in the Segunda Division, scored lots of goals and we got promoted. I hope we can do the same at Watford."

ben-gordon-4x3101-303973_478x359.jpg

Ben Gordon - Birmingham City (loan)

Blues have today completed the loan signing of highly-rated Chelsea defender Ben Gordon.

The 21-year-old left-back has signed a six-month loan with an option to extend the deal until the end of the season .

Gordon, who is an England under-20 international, has yet to make a senior start for the Chelsea first-team. However, he has already had several periods out on loan with Scunthorpe United, Tranmere Rovers, Peterborough United and Kilmarnock.

During his loan spell north of the border with Killie, he was part of the side that beat Scottish giants Celtic 1-0 in the Scottish League Cup Final in March.

Bradford-born Gordon, who started his career at Leeds United, becomes Lee Clark's sixth summer-signing after the permanent capture of Peter Lovenkrands, David Lucas, Hayden Mullins and Darren Ambrose and the loan signing of Ravel Morrison. The new Blues defender has been given first-team squad number 16.

0,,10335~11116395,00.jpg

Craig Bellamy - Cardiff City (free transfer)

It's with great pleasure that Cardiff City Football Club formally welcomes Craig Bellamy back to his hometown club with the aspiration to complete a journey that begun some two years ago - his transfer from Liverpool FC and a new two year contract having been finalised today following a medical being completed in South Wales on Thursday.

Craig has made his continued passion to help Cardiff City succeed in its ambitions very clear in recent years. We welcomed his season long loan move from Manchester City in 2010 - and now, following positive negotiations and a great deal of commitment from a number of people and quarters, we can today announce Craig as a full registered Cardiff City player in readiness for the new season. We all look forward to his contribution to the team in the years to come.

Speaking of the transfer, Cardiff City Chief Executive Alan Whiteley said, "I would like to place on record my thanks to a number of key parties that have facilitated Craig's return.

"Firstly to the club's Malaysian investors, Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Dato' Chan Tien Ghee; their support, commitment and confidence in the vision and ambition of the club has enabled us to attract and retain a squad containing the calibre of players that we now have. This, quite clearly, is demonstrated by Craig's confidence in joining us at this time.

"I would also like to thank our manager for his tenacity and single mindedness in ensuring the transfer could take place - and for making my life a misery until such time as it could be completed! And of course to Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool Football Club; their assistance and support during the process of negotiations have been conducted in an extremely professional and amicable manner, of which we are grateful.

"Finally to Craig, for having the confidence and courage to buy into and wanting to be a part of the club's future. I am sure that Liverpool will agree that their loss is this football club's gain and that Craig's return will be met with huge excitement and enthusiasm by all Cardiff City fans - and as the perfect backdrop to the start of the new season."

Craig will retain squad number thirty nine for the coming season and will join his team-mates next week ahead of our opening Championship match against Huddersfield Town.

0,,12562~11116500,00.jpg

Alou Diarra - West Ham (£2 million)

West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of France international midfielder Alou Diarra.

The 2010 FIFA World Cup runner-up and 2012 UEFA European Championship star has joined the Hammers on a three-year contract from Olympique Marseille for an undisclosed fee.

Capped 44 times, the 31-year-old has enjoyed a fine playing career, winning the French title twice, appearing in the UEFA Champions League nearly 30 times and captaining his country.

Born in the northern Paris suburb of Villepinte, the 6'3 tall defensive midfielder is known for his outstanding physical attributes and leadership abilities.

Diarra said: "I am very happy to be here at West Ham - everything is signed now which is good and I am excited to be here at this club and to be playing for them in the Premier League.

"I know a lot about West Ham as a club and when I knew they were interested in signing me, I was very happy and knew it would be a good choice for me.

"We are a Premier League club and I know of players who were here before like Paolo Di Canio and Scott Parker, but of the players now in the team, I know Guy [Demel], Mo [Diame] and of course, Modibo Maiga, who played in the French league last year.

"The club has just been promoted and I am looking forward to a good challenge with the team ahead. I see this as my chance in the Premier League to do well with West Ham. I hope that my experience can help and the fans will see me give my all in the matches."

Cheers mate. Hope he gets over his injury problems.

krisztiannemethfacebook2.jpg

He looked a natural at goal-scoring from the few Reserves games and highlights I could catch. Hope his injuries are now firmly behind him. Still only 23; hopefully he'll stay injury-free and have a good career ahead of him.

m_Scharner_Arena_2.jpg

Paul Scharner - Hamburg SV (free transfer)

"Paul Scharner is just the type of player we are looking for," manager Thorsten Fink was quoted as saying in an interview.

The manager further added that the player still has a couple of years to compete in the top flight and that he is an experienced international. The tactician also believed that Scharner will play a crucial part to play for the German side and is not just signed to increase their wage bill.

"He is experienced, but still at a good age. He is a senior international as well. He is definitely not here just to top up the size of our squad; he is able to play an important role for us inside our first team," he concluded.

Scharner has 40 caps for Austria and has never scored for his country.

kizam2-4x3195-302394_478x359.jpg

Colin Kazim-Richards - Blackburn Rovers (loan with option to buy)

Blackburn Rovers are delighted to confirm the signing of Colin Kazim-Richards from Galatasaray.

The Turkish international striker joins on a season-long loan, with a view to a permanent deal.

The 25-year-old becomes Rovers’ eighth signing of a busy summer for manager Steve Kean, who continues to add quality and experience to his squad ahead of the big Championship kick-off on August 18th.

Colin started his career with Bury, before enjoying short spells with Brighton and Sheffield United.

In June 2007, he joined Turkish giants Fenerbahce, who he helped reach the Champions League quarter-finals a year later, scoring in the 2-1 first leg victory over Chelsea.

After three-and-a-half seasons with Fenerbahce, including a loan spell with Toulouse, Colin made the move to their bitter local rivals Galatasaray in January 2011.

Shortly after arriving, the versatile forward famously scored the first derby goal in Galatasaray’s new stadium against his former club.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Olympiakos, where he won the league and cup double, before returning to Galatasaray, where he also picked up a Turkish league winners’ medal.

Colin, who has 36 international caps to his name, has been on trial with Rovers since the pre-season trip to Holland and after finalising his loan switch, he will now feature in Rovers’ final friendly against Cork City this weekend.

joe_allen_(20).jpg

Joe Allen - Liverpool (£15million)

Liverpool have this evening completed the £15million capture of Joe Allen.

The Swansea City midfielder was at Anfield last night as the Reds booked their place in the final round of Europa League qualifying with a 3-0 win over FC Gomel ahead of his move.

Allen yesterday told the Welsh club of his wish to link up with former manager Brendan Rodgers, who traded the Liberty Stadium for Merseyside in June, to push through a deal in the region of £15 million despite posturing by Swans boss Michael Laudrup earlier this week.

And Rodgers has explained where the 22-year-old will feature in his Anfield blueprint.

He said: "I'm absolutely delighted that Joe has made the decision to come with us on this journey.

"Joe is a player whose profile will fit perfectly with the ideas of this group. His ability to control and dominate the ball is an important ingredient in our attempt to gain success on the field.

"Joe has had a fantastic education at Swansea City and will now begin the next chapter in his exciting career, and I wish him all the very best in what I'm sure will be a long and distinguished career here at Liverpool."

itay-shechter-4x358-305719_478x359.jpg

Itay Shechter - Swansea (loan)

Israeli international Itay Shechter is set to make his Swansea City debut against FC Stuttgart at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday (3pm).

Although the paperwork on the striker’s one-year loan move from Kaiserslautern has yet to be finalised, the Bundesliga club has given the Swans permission to play him in the pre-season friendly.

The 25-year-old has also had his work permit granted by the Home Office today and the club is just waiting for Kaiserslautern to complete the formalities over the next few days.

“I’m very happy,’’ declared Shechter, who can play anywhere up front or in behind the central striker. “It will be a dream to play in the Premier League because it is the best in the world.

“The manager (Michael Laudrup) was also a big draw for me. Growing up watching him play was unbelievable. For me he was the top player in the world playing at the best clubs, like Real Madrid and Barcelona, where he was also a champion.

“I’m looking forward to working with him and playing for Swansea. I’ve only been here for two or three days, but I already have a good feeling about the club. It’s a family club and everybody has been so warm and friendly to me.

“I watched Swansea a few times on TV last season and I liked their style. There is a big Spanish influence with their style of play which I think will suit me. I’m not the tallest of players, so anything on the grass is good for me.’’

Shechter, who was at the Liberty in midweek to watch the Swans beat Blackpool 4-2 in a friendly, started his career in Israel with the Hapoel Haifa youth team where he won the Israeli Youth Cup at just 13.

His senior career started at Hapoel Nazareth Illit in the Israeli Premier League before stepping up to join Maccabi Netanya where he stayed for three years, leaving to join Hapoel Tel Aviv for $500,000.

He joined FC Kaiserslautern in the Bundesliga in July 2011, but opted to look for a new challenge when they were relegated from the top flight.

“If I’m honest, last season wasn’t a good one for me because we were relegated and I didn’t play as much as I would have liked,’’ added Shechter. “I spent a lot of time on the bench.

“But I have confidence in my ability and I want to do well at Swansea. I know I will have to work my way into the team, but it’s about the club and not me.

“The club did very well in their first season in the Premier League. The second one is always more difficult, but I hope I can still help make it a better one.’’

Capped by Israel at Youth and Under-21 level, he has also made 13 appearances for the senior team.

lukaku-a151-305730_478x359.jpg

Romelu Lukaku - West Brom (loan)

ALBION have beaten a host of Barclays Premier League clubs to the signing of Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku on a season-long loan.

The 19-year-old Belgium international this afternoon put pen to paper after passing a medical.

The former Anderlecht star will wear the No.20 shirt and becomes the Baggies’ fifth summer signing after Steve Clarke returned to his former employers to bolster his attacking options.

Lukaku, who will not be involved in tonight’s friendly at Nottingham Forest (ko 7.45pm), arrives at The Hawthorns with an outstanding career league goal ratio of better than one every two games and has both Champions League and Europa League experience.

“I’m delighted to welcome Romelu to the club,” said head coach Clarke.

“He’s a strong, powerful centre-forward who is young, enthusiastic and eager to learn. He was also desperate to come here.

“Romelu had a lot of Europe’s top clubs chasing him when he joined Chelsea from Anderlecht for big money a year ago and also had several Premier League teams wanting to take him on loan this summer, so we’ve done well to get him.

“With the calibre of strikers Chelsea have got, he’s found it difficult to break into the first team at Stamford Bridge.

“But he’s had a season working at a top Premier League club and he now needs more minutes on the pitch.

“We’re more than happy for Romelu to continue his development with us. I am sure he will be a big help to the squad over the course of the season.”

The Antwerp-born youngster, who likes to be called ‘Rom’, started his career with local side Rupel Boom before moving onto the youth academy at Lierse, where he was snapped up by Anderlecht as a 13-year-old in 2006.

He made his professional debut at the tender age of 16 – while still at school – and in 2009/10 he finished as the club’s top scorer to help fire the Belgian giants to the league title.

Lukaku is the son of former Zaire international, Roger, and in 2011 he won the Belgian Ebony Shoe – an annual award given to the best African player, or player of African origin, in the Jupiler Pro League.

In his final season before moving to England, he scored 12 goals in 28 league games, including three as a sub.

Last season was one of development for Lukaku, as the form of Didier Drogba, Fernando Torres and Salomon Kalou, allied to Daniel Sturridge’s emergence, restricted his first-team opportunities.

He made four starts and eight substitute appearances and has been eager for a loan spell to get more game time.

On the international front, Lukaku represented his country at Under-15s level and progressed through the ranks before making his full international debut as a 76th-minute substitute in a 1-0 friendly defeat by Croatia in March 2010.

He now has 15 caps to his name, with his two international goals coming in a 2-0 friendly win over Russia in November 2010.

In total, the 6ft3in hotshot has made 71 career league appearances, including 20 as a substitute, scoring 36 goals.

Back
Top Bottom