• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed transfers 2012/13

0,,12562%7E11116500,00.jpg

Alou Diarra - West Ham (£2 million)
good signing for that kinda money.

0,,10273~11118265,00.jpg

El Hadji Diouf - Leeds United

Leeds United have signed El Hadji Diouf on a non-contract basis.

The 31-year-old Senegalese international trained with the club this week and his signing was confirmed ahead of Saturday's Capital One Cup clash with Shrewsbury Town at Elland Road.

The player has made over 300 appearances in English football, after starting his career in France, and he spent nine years in the Premier League with Liverpool, Bolton, Sunderland, and Blackburn.

He also had a loan spell with Rangers before joining Doncaster Rovers last season. Diouf, who has twice been named African Footballer of the Year, made 23 appearances for Doncaster last season.

even more fitting playing for Leeds, a yard dog city and a yard dog club full of yard dog players.

Yeah, they deserve each other. Warnock probably started the conversation with;

"What sewer rat comment?"

joris_mathijsen__j_1039075q.jpg

Joris Mathijsen - Feyenoord (€1m)

Feyenoord have announced that they have completed the signing of Malaga defender Joris Mathijsen for an undisclosed fee.

The 32-year-old has agreed a three-year deal with the Rotterdam outfit, and he admitted that he is happy to be returning to the Eredivisie, where he can add experience to the youthful Stadionclub side that finished runners-up last season.

"I was playing abroad for six years and it was time for a return to Netherlands," Mathijsen told Voetbal International. "Then [technical director] Martin van Geel called to ask if I wanted to come to Feyenoord.

"This gave me a good feeling immediately. Feyenoord rose to the top last year and the club want to keep progressing.

"I want to be part of that. With my experience I hope to contribute to this group, but the leadership has to come naturally.

"There is some amazing talent at this club, and there is a reason why two more Feyenoord players have been called up to the national team this season.

"I am fit, but have only trained for three weeks. I will train with the team for the first time on Saturday, and then I will join up with the national team next week."

The former Hamburg defender only joined Malaga last summer as part of a spending spree backed by Qatari benefactor Abdullah Al-Thani, and he helped the Andalusians achieve a fourth-placed finish in 2011-12.

However, despite their qualification for the Champions League play-offs, they are currently experiencing serious financial problems, leading to a fire sale which has seen the likes of Santi Cazorla and Salomon Rondon also depart La Rosaleda.

Mathijsen, who has 82 caps under his belt for Netherlands, will replace Ron Vlaar, who recently departed De Kuip for Premier League side Aston Villa.

A0CI9R1CEAEXc8k.jpg:large

Gabriel Heinze - Newell's Old Boys (free transfer)

Teaming up with Maxi Rodriguez, at their 1st club. They never played together for the 1st team as Heinze left for Europe by the time Maxi make the breakthrough in 1999.

Looks to be a good move for both parties but slightly surprised with the no. of forwards (Lukaku and Rosenborg) West Brom has signed.

Seems like Clarke might go for 2 up front.

Romelu Lukaku - West Brom (loan)

“I’m really, very happy to be here – there are nice people around,” said the Belgium international, who is training with the team for the first time today before jetting off for international duty.

“Since the first day I spoke to Chelsea about going out on loan, I’ve spoken to the gaffer here a lot.

“He was the first person who contacted me and that means a lot.

“He’s been speaking to me every week since – even when I was in America with Chelsea – asking me about my situation.

“When you have a gaffer like that who has a desire to bring you to his club, as a young man, you feel confident to make the step into the unknown, because I don’t know the Birmingham area that well.

“But I believe that will be good for my development as a young man and I’m very happy to be here.

“This club really convinced me a lot, also with the stadium and the fans.”

Lukaku added: “I heard lots of positives about the club from Roberto Di Matteo and Eddie Newton.

“They really convinced me to come here.

“Frank Lampard and John Terry also spoke highly about the gaffer.

“When you get that advice as a young player, you listen and hopefully this is a good step for my career.”

With the league opener against Liverpool a week away, Lukaku is fully fit and raring to make an impact after conducting his pre-season preparations with European champions Chelsea.

And he has certainly done his homework on his new team-mates and club.

“I was told I could come up to West Brom on Thursday night and I was happy,” he reflected.

“I jumped in my car and drove up.

“I already feel really settled.

“I now have to get to know the players and hopefully perform well for the club and the fans.

“But I already know a lot of about the team.

“West Brom have given Chelsea some difficult games over the last couple of seasons.

“They also made it difficult for Manchester United on the opening day of last season.

“This is a good team where I can learn. I want to work hard and learn a lot. It will be good for my development as a young man.

“Before I signed, I watched a lot of West Brom’s games and I know they’re a good footballing team.

“They have quite exciting players – the likes of Thomas, Morrison and Long, who scored a lot of goals last season. They’ve also got good defenders like Steven Reid and Jonas Olsson.

“Hopefully, I can get to know all the players’ qualities so I can fit into the team very quickly.

“I want to finish as high as possible with the club next season and score goals.

“I don’t want to say a target but if I get off to a good start, and fit myself into the team, hopefully we will have a great season and keep the fans happy week in, week out.

“Then I can hopefully go back to Chelsea and make a bigger impression on the first team.”

Clarke revealed the Belgium hitman is chomping at the bit, having already asked for extra shooting practice.

“Romelu wants to work,” he said.

“He’s already asking me for extra shooting sessions and he hasn’t even started training yet.

“That tells you he has a hunger to learn.

“I was impressed when I spoke to him because he just wants to play football, improve himself and get better.

“His ultimate ambition is to play in the first team at Chelsea and if we can help him to do that then great.”

Remember him? Heralded as the next wonderkid.

2012-08-13T182319Z_1473100374_PM1E88D1H9K01_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-FRANCE.JPG

Lucas Ocampos - Monaco ( €16m)

Argentine youngster Lucas Ocampos has agreed to leave River Plate for Monaco and will travel to Europe in the coming hours to join his new teammates, a source at the Buenos Aires club said Friday.

Ocampos, aged 18 and with just 39 senior matches under his belt, is expected to cost Monaco around 16 million euros ($19.7m), with reports in France claiming the fee will be split between River, his former club Quilmes and his agents.
Ocampos helped River win promotion back to the Argentine top tier last season under Matias Almeyda and was expected to lead their attack in the coming campaign despite previously playing wide on the left.

Former Champions League finalists Monaco are currently in the French second division, having been relegated in 2011.
However, thanks to the backing of billionaire Russian owner Dmitry Rybolovlev, they have spent big this summer, and brought in Italian coach Claudio Ranieri.

Ryo-Miyaichi_2803149.jpg

Ryo Miyaichi - Wigan (loan)

Wigan Athletic are delighted to announce the signing of Japanese international Ryo Miyaichi on a season-long loan deal from Arsenal.

The 19 year-old becomes Roberto Martinez’s third recruit of the summer, and the first Japanese player the Club has ever had.

Miyaichi spent the second half of last season on loan at Bolton Wanderers, having made his Arsenal debut in the Carling Cup against Shrewsbury Town in September.

He would make 12 league appearances for Wanderers, his debut coming against Latics at the Reebok Stadium where he almost scored a last minute equaliser, only to be denied by a fantastic Ali Al Habsi save.

A week later he scored his first goal in English football in a 2-0 FA Cup win over Millwall at The Den.

Miyaichi first arrived in England back in January 2011, and was offered a professional contract by The Gunners after impressing whilst on trial.

A loan spell at Dutch side Feyenoord followed soon after, where he made 12 league appearances and scored three goals.

Jack%20Rodwell%201.ashx

Jack Rodwell - Man City (£15m)

England midfielder Jack Rodwell has joined City from Everton.

The Southport-born 21-year-old has signed a five-year deal and joins the champions and Community Shield winners for an undisclosed fee.

His acquisition fits perfectly with manager Roberto Mancini’s aim to plan for the future and for the evolution of his title winning side.

Rodwell can play as a defensive or attacking midfielder and adds to the complement of England internationals in the manager’s squad. He will wear the 17 shirt.

The former Toffee has always been a precocious talent having broken into Everton’s reserve team as a 15-year-old and then playing for them at a senior level before his 17th birthday. He has been a feature in the Premier League since 2008.

"I relish the opportunity of playing with some of the best players in the world and continuing my development,” he declared before heading off to meet up with the England squad.

"It will be an amazing experience to make my debut in front of them if I am selected to play next weekend.

"The hard work starts today as I start to help contribute to the club winning more silverware. The season has started really well with the Community Shield win."

A former captain at England under 16 level, Rodwell is seen as a natural leader and last season won two full England caps making his debut as a substitute against Spain and then starting the friendly with Sweden.

He will meet up with the City squad, many of whom he knows well from his England involvement, later in the week. Before then he is pencilled in to feature against Italy with new teammates James Milner and Adam Johnson.

The midfielder will be in contention for the visit of newly promoted Southampton when the title defence begins next weekend.

He also paid tribute to his former club Everton.

“I would like to place on record my thanks to everyone at Everton Football Club. The Manager David Moyes has been brilliant for me and helped make me the player that I am today,” stressed Rodwell.

“I have a special relationship with the Chairman, Mr Kenwright, who did not want me to leave but this is too good an opportunity for me to refuse."

know nothing about him, but he looks likely to be a great signing????

He's supposed to be highly rated and was linked with some big clubs last year. Surprised he has made such an early move to Europe thoug, especially having not played full season top flight football in Argentina.

simon-cox-signing-1-110812-4340-306464_478x359.jpg

Simon Cox - Nottingham Forest (£2 million)

Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of Simon Cox from West Brom, taking their tally of close season signings to seven.

The Reds have paid an undisclosed fee for the Republic of Ireland international striker, who has signed a three-year contract.

Forest Chairman Omar Al Hasawi said: “Sean O’Driscoll highlighted that he wanted to bring in a man with a proven goal-scoring record and Simon has that pedigree.

“I am sure he will prove to be an excellent addition to our squad as we look to take the Club forward.”

Cox launched his career with his home-town club Reading but was restricted to just nine substitute appearances.

After loan spells with Brentford and Northampton his career gathered pace where Swindon as he scored 42 league goals in 80 appearances.

He clinched a big money move to West Brom in 2009 and scored 18 league and cup goals for The Baggies.

Cox qualifies for the Republic through his Irish-born grandmother and has scored three goals in 14 appearances for his country since making his international debut last year.

He figured in all three of Ireland’s group game at Euro 2012.

Simon Cox admits the ambition of the Al Hasawi family was a key factor in his decision to become a Nottingham Forest player.

The 25 year old Republic of Ireland striker today completed the formalities of his cross-Midlands switch from West Brom.

And he has revealed that he had a long chat with Chairman Omar Al Hasawi before pledging his future to The Reds.

Cox told Forest Player: “I’m delighted to have signed a deal with Forest and I’m really looking forward to the task ahead.

“The history of the club sells itself and I had a chat with Sean O’Driscoll and liked what he had to say.

“I also met the Chairman the other day and had a good look around the facilities and can tell it’s a club going forward.

“One of the most important things for me were the assurances I was given by the owners.

“I’ve seen enough in football where owners come into the clubs, have a little flutter and then go away.

“I wanted to make sure that they are going to be here for the long haul and they assured me that they are.

“They have big plans for the club and I want to be a part of that.”

The Reds have paid an undisclosed fee for Cox, who has signed a three-year contract.

184763hp2.jpg

Felipe Melo - Galatasaray (loan with option to buy)

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with Galatasaray Sportif Sinai Ve Ticari Yatirimlar A.S. for the temporary disposal of the registration rights of the player Felipe Melo De Carvalho has been finalised. The contract envisages the payment by Galatasaray of € 1.75 million in three instalments to be paid during 2012/2013 financial year.

The agreement also includes the option right, to be exercised by Galatasaray within 30 April 2013, for the definitive acquisition of the football player at a price of € 6.5 million.

He's supposed to be highly rated and was linked with some big clubs last year. Surprised he has made such an early move to Europe thoug, especially having not played full season top flight football in Argentina.
he will probably do aguero and go for double the money in 3 seasons. i think he will get plnety of game time at monaco, something not gauranteed at a bigger club.

Melo 's career really plummeted it didn't it? Shocking Spell at Juve to kick start it.

martinez-kone-1200x90073-313546_478x359.jpg

Arouna Kone - Wigan (£2.7million)

Wigan Athletic are delighted to announce the signing of Ivory Coast striker Arouna Kone on a three-year-deal after completing his move from La Liga side Levante for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year-old becomes Roberto Martinez’s fourth signing of the summer transfer window and is on the back of a prolific season in Spain’s top flight, scoring 15 goals to finish as the division’s joint-ninth top scorer and help Levante qualify for the Europa League with a sixth place finish.

The forward had been on loan on from fellow Spanish side Sevilla, whom he had joined in 2007 from Dutch side PSV, but made the move permanent at the end of the campaign having hit form in-front of goal.

Before arriving in Spain, Kone had spent four years in Holland, joining Roda in 2003 and going to make 63 appearances and score 27 goals, before joining Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven where he won two league titles and scored 21 goals from 53 appearances in all competitions, gaining Champions League experience for the first time also.

Kone began his career with local team Rio Sport d’Anyama and in 2002, aged 18, he signed for Belgian side Lierse S.K. finishing top scorer in his first season before joining Roda.

At international level the striker has made 35 appearances for Ivory Coast and scored nine goals, making his debut in 2004 against Tunisia, appearing in the 2006 & 2008 Africa Cup of Nations, the 2006 World Cup in Germany and netting a hat-trick against Gabon later that year.

"He's a player that we've been chasing for a long long time," said manager Roberto Martinez.

"We know Arouna really well, he got tremendous experience in European football and we've really enjoyed watching his goal scoring talent.

"He's a strong payer with a clinical touch and someone who will bring us something different up front."

Good luck usually comes in threes but new signing Arouna Kone sees otherwise

The Ivorian international striker is hoping to settle in quickly at the DW Stadium and was quick to snap up his squad number at the club this evening.

“I played with this number in Spain and when I saw it was the only number available under 32, then I thought, why not?

“Hopefully it will bring me good luck”

With the formalities over, Latics fourth signing of the summer spoke exclusively to the Wigan Athletic website about his move from Levante.

“I’m very happy to be here and I’m doubly happy because I know how hard the manager has had to fight to get me here.

“I’m impatient to get started with my new club. It’s a great challenge for me.

“Roberto has told me about the philosophy of the club, how it’s a family club.

“He is a young manager who is trying to build something special here.

“He told me how he likes his teams to play on the floor which is a style that I’m used to in Spain and these were words which really persuaded me to join.”

Kone’s ambition to play attractive and exciting football is well matched to his desire to make an impact in the league of his dreams.

“It’s a great feeling to be playing in this league and like I told you it’s a real dream come true and it’s with a real feeling of happiness that I’m starting to play here.

“The Premier League is the number one league in the world and I’ve watched it for a long time and as a result I do know a little bit about the club and I would love to be able to help us do well in this league.”

As the opening game of the Barclays Premier League season edges ever nearer, Kone expressed his eagerness to play his part against European champions Chelsea.

“There’s a chance but it’s up to the manager of course but I’m ready having done all of my pre-season with Levante. I feel great and I would love to be able to take part in such a big game.

“I’m gonna give my all every time I put the shirt on this season and I’m sure we can make progress in the league and I really hope that the fans will be satisfied that I’m a player who gives everything.”

0,,10265~11128641,00.jpg

Michael Henke - Aston Villa (Head of European Scouting)

Michael Henke - who was assistant manager to Ottmar Hitzfeld at Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich - has joined Villa as the club's new Head of European Scouting.

The experienced German will head up the club's European network in an overall structure that has been developed over the past two years.

Henke assumed responsibility for analysis and scouting at Bayern in 2008 when Hitzfeld was succeeded by Jurgen Klinsmann at the Bundesliga club and he is excited to be harnessing his vast experience in European football with a Barclays Premier club now managed by one of his former players, Paul Lambert.

"This is a similar role to one I held at Bayern when Klinsmann became manager and I am looking forward to working with the club and helping within the set-up already in place to identify players who will enhance the Villa team and the Villa squad," Henke said.

"Our objective will be to identify young players who have a good future and a good mentality. The Bundesliga, for example, has very good youth academies but our analysis of players will include other leagues, including the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, France, Spain and other countries. By definition, this is an extensive exercise.

"It is not only about good technique but it is also about the right character and what is required overall to be a successful player in the Premier League.

"It is not always about young, emerging talent either - also players with experience who will be motivated by the challenge and who we believe will bring the right qualities to Aston Villa and benefit the club.

"I visited the training ground at Bodymoor Heath several weeks ago and I'm very impressed by the set-up that is there - the academy, the facilities - all top-class.

"Of course, I also worked with Paul as a player at Borussia Dortmund and therefore I have known him for a long time.

"We share many of the same ideas about football. For instance, good organisation is paramount, as is an innate ethic which ensures that every player will work as hard as he can to achieve success.

"Paul has explained to me what type of qualities in particular that he will want most of all in the players we look at and clearly we will be looking at high quality in order to be able to compete well.

"I was able to be at the game in Werder Bremen on Saturday and I have been watching games already, including West Ham's recent games against Dresden and Cottbus with a view to looking at the opposition ahead of Villa's opening Premier League game on Saturday.

"I'm very much looking forward to working with Paul again and also with the club because Aston Villa is one of those old, traditional clubs in England. I can identify strongly with the club in terms of philosophy and commitment to quality and I very much hope to contribute to this."

Villa's domestic database of player analysis is overseen by Patrick Riley, with tools from Amisco being utilised for statistical background to enhance the club's knowledge in the recruitment process. Gareth Payne provides analysis of opposition players.

Henke's appointment and the arrival of players such as Karim El Ahmadi, Ron Vlaar and Brett Holman demonstrate the strong focus on the European market and new manager Lambert's determination to work with the club in enhancing key areas that will ensure long-term strength and development.

"It's great to have a man with Michael's experience and track record to come in to this role and I'm delighted that we've been able to bring him here," said Villa manager Paul Lambert.

"Michael has been successful with two great clubs in Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich, working with Ottmar Hitzfeld and together bringing Champions League success and a succession of Bundesliga titles to both clubs.

"In the European game he has an unbelievable wealth of experience and an enviable network of contacts. It's a great thing for Aston Villa that we have been able to attract a man of his calibre to the club."

KLO_0015.JPG

Paulo Machado - Olympiakos (€2.7m)

Olympiacos FC have completed the signing of Portugal midfielder Paulo Machado from Toulouse FC in a transfer reportedly worth in the region of €2.7m.

The 26-year-old will be contracted to the Greek title holders for the next three seasons, having left Toulouse after 89 Ligue 1 appearances – and 12 goals – spanning three campaigns. Machado originally came through the ranks at FC Porto but, after just four top-flight outings, was loaned to CF Estrela da Amadora, União de Leiria, Leixões SC and AS Saint-Étienne before joining Toulouse in 2009.

"I am delighted to sign for Olympiacos and have come here to win trophies," said Machado, capped four times by Portugal. "I will work hard to help my team achieve their goals."

The Erythrolefki (Red and Whites) will enter the UEFA Champions League in the group stage, the draw for which takes place in Monaco on 30 August.

0,,10281~11130795,00.jpg

Louis Saha - Sunderland (free transfer)

Martin O'Neill has bolstered his forward line by completing the signing of French striker Louis Saha.

The 34-year-old, who was a free agent after leaving Tottenham Hotspur, has put pen to paper on a one-year deal at the Stadium of Light.

He is available for selection for Sunderland's trip to the Emirates Stadium to face Arsenal this weekend.

Manager Martin O'Neill said: "Louis is a striker whose abilities have been proven at the very highest level and he brings with him a raft of experience of top-flight football.

"I'm sure he will be a great addition to our squad in an area we recognise needs strengthening and I'm delighted we have been able to complete the deal ahead of our first game of the season."

Saha first arrived in England in 1999 when he joined Newcastle on loan from Metz before heading back to France.

He returned to the UK on a permanent basis in 2000, joining Fulham, and was a big hit at Craven Cottage, scoring 64 goals in 144 games.

Manchester United paid £12.8m for the Paris-born frontman in January 2004 and he chipped in with 42 goals in 124 games for the Red Devils before moving on to Everton in September 2008.

He spent just under three and a half years at Goodison Park, playing 115 games for the Merseyside outfit and finding the net on 35 occasions.

Saha moved south to Tottenham on January transfer deadline day and made 12 appearances for the London club during the second half of the 2011-12, scoring three times before leaving at the end of the campaign.

Back
Top Bottom