• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho- what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
283465.jpg

Blessed Moreno. What will we do without him.

We need to forget the politics of the situation, as I think Klopp will. He has not trained with his colleagues for about a month.

He is at Melwood today, but I'm sure there was an awkward conversation to be had this morning before he could get out and train. So he'll have a maximum of a few light sessions with the team. Anyone who says Klopp would be wrong if he is benched or left out entirely just to make a point, either to Coutinho or to his colleagues, has a point of sorts, but it is moot. That's not why he'll be left out. He'll be left out because of a complete paucity of training. So it goes with Klopp.

^ as Macca says, klopp has a fairly strict training regime, and Coutiniho hasn't played in weekes and god knows if he even had a decent pre season. He'll play him after he gets back up to speed.

Klopp saying he needs to do more work with him so it makes no sense to play him yet . He also says phils in a good mood , the schizo lil bitch

If he's fit enough to play for Brazil in a world cup qualifier he's fit enough to at least be on the bench for us.
Ox has barely trained with us, isn't up to speed with how we play, should he be involved?

If he's fit enough to play for Brazil in a world cup qualifier he's fit enough to at least be on the bench for us.
Ox has barely trained with us, isn't up to speed with how we play, should he be involved?

He'll be on the bench most likely, I'm not sure what comparable point you're trying to make. One's a new signing who is fit and Premiership ready, the other is a player who acted like a bellend, declared himself unfit for a few weeks and then played for his country.

He'll be on the bench most likely, I'm not sure what comparable point you're trying to make. One's a new signing who is fit and Premiership ready, the other is a player who acted like a bellend, declared himself unfit for a few weeks and then played for his country.
The point I'm trying to make is quite obvious. One player is almost fit, arguably our best player and knows how we play.
The other is very fit but hasn't really had the chance to learn how we play. Ideally he should be in the stands for the up coming game.
I don't care about Coutinho's antics any more. It's over. He's staying. That's my premise.
If people can put Ox on the bench then surely Coutinho should be on the bench as well. Klopp even said that he looked really good in training. FFS he even scored for Brazil. It's a no brainer, he should be involved against City in some capacity.

Ox has played 90 mins for arsenal this season so of course he's match fit. He won't start obviously. As much as I'd like cou to start there's no way he's match fit but he should at least be on the bench to come on with 30 mins to go. If he's not then klopp is just trying to prove a unnecessary point which is just plain stupid.

He looks fine based on those videos, and also from Klopp's interview - I am pretty certain that he will be on the bench.

Also is it just me or does our team look like champions in waiting this season ? - have noticed Klopp's tone since the start of the season is one where he expects to deliver the title and the CL. Its great watching a German - get his war machine all pumping and ready - he has the look of a man who really wants to deliver something this season and by his standards its been too long without a trophy I think.

I doubt Chamberlain will even be on the bench. He's in the Klopp training system now. Everything before matters not a jot. He's a noob.

And FWIW, I think it's a bit underplayed just how shamefully the little twerp has handled himself during the summer long "saga".

Anyway, we all know Footie is as fickle a Sport has you'll find especially nowadays where morals, loyalty, repect and all the rest goes out the window. A few good performances and goals and all will be forgiven and forgotten.

And FWIW, I think it's a bit underplayed just how shamefully the little twerp has handled himself during the summer long "saga".

Anyway, we all know Footie is as fickle a Sport has you'll find especially nowadays where morals, loyalty, repect and all the rest goes out the window. A few good performances and goals and all will be forgiven and forgotten.

The one thing he didn't do though was personally come out and say publicly that he doesn't want to play for LFC, his relationship with Klopp broke down, etc – his entourage and the catalan press was making all these claims, while Phil was just doing his best impression of a sad abandoned puppy whenever a photo camera was within striking distance, but at least kept his mouth shut. So to his credit, he left some bridges unburned.

The one thing he didn't do though was personally come out and say publicly that he doesn't want to play for LFC, his relationship with Klopp broke down, etc – his entourage and the catalan press was making all these claims, while Phil was just doing his best impression of a sad abandoned puppy whenever a photo camera was within striking distance, but at least kept his mouth shut. So to his credit, he left some bridges unburned.
That's only because the coward hid away and let other people be his mouthpiece. There's no credit in that.

In terms purely of controversy management, if you plan to play him at all, what you should do is avoid a situation where he's exposed individually in the spotlight, because that would invite booing, potentially affect the player's performance, and generally cause a distraction. To avoid that, you need to avoid either bringing him on as a sub, or taking him off for a sub. So either bring him on at the start with the rest of the team and then sub him at half time, or bring him on for the second half.

In terms of football, I'm not sure I'd even have him in the squad. Yes, he's got a good record against City, but there's also the fact he's not fully fit and not in the best frame of mind, and no one who played against Arsenal really deserves to be benched. A Champions League game might be a better way to re-integrate him.

In terms purely of controversy management, if you plan to play him at all, what you should do is avoid a situation where he's exposed individually in the spotlight, because that would invite booing, potentially affect the player's performance, and generally cause a distraction. To avoid that, you need to avoid either bringing him on as a sub, or taking him off for a sub. So either bring him on at the start with the rest of the team and then sub him at half time, or bring him on for the second half.

In terms of football, I'm not sure I'd even have him in the squad. Yes, he's got a good record against City, but there's also the fact he's not fully fit and not in the best frame of mind, and no one who played against Arsenal really deserves to be benched. A Champions League game might be a better way to re-integrate him.
There's little to disagree with here.

Dr. GK ... yes a CL game to get him back in is a great idea...i like it. Especially the first away game then Klopp can say...'see phillipe...your very close to Barcalona...please smile.'

That´s how you treat a child. If someone´s booing he should fucking understand and take it as a man.
But then again: he´s a mangirl with white teeth (and a cunt).

I´m getting softer by the minute though...my guess is that I will support him when he plays (but think fucking cunt if he misses a pass).

Liverpool have not had enough credit for the way they handled Barcelona's courtship of Philippe Coutinho during the summer transfer window.
That's the verdict of Darren Lewis, one of our top football reporters, who was on tour with Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp when Barcelona made their first official bid for the Brazilian midfielder.

"I was in Singapore [on Liverpool's pre-season tour] with a few other journalists," Darren explains on the new Mirror Football podcast - which you can listen to above and subscribe to on iTunes.
"One morning, we woke up and it transpired that Barcelona had made a bid of £72million for Coutinho.

Liverpool-v-Leicester-City-Hong-Kong-UK-22nd-July-2017.jpg

Coutinho is still a Liverpool player (Image: REX/Shutterstock)
"The club were very clear. Not only did they reject the bid, but they would not even negotiate with Barcelona.
"They were bemused by all the stories flying around that there was a magic number at which they would do business, or that there was some sort of Barca delegation flying over to talk turkey with Liverpool officials.

Liverpool-Training-Session.jpg

Klopp is renowned for his sensitivity with players (Image: Liverpool FC via Getty)
"There were no Liverpol officials there to talk to! Michael Edwards, who does their transfer business, was back on Merseyside.
"Liverpool's position has always been that Coutinho has not been for sale. We spoke to Klopp and he said, 'I wasn't manager when Suarez was sold, I wasn't manager when Sterling was sold - I'm manager now, and we're not selling him.
"I've worked for the Daily Mirror for a number of years, and seldom do you see a club take the position Liverpool have and remain absolutely steadfast about it.

Football-Premier-League-201617-Watford-v-Liverpool-Vicarage-Road-Stadium-Watford-United-Kingdom.jpg

Klopp has ensured his star Brazilian stays put (Image: Rex Features)
"They have not blinked, they have not bowed down. There have been smoke and mirrors from Barcelona, but it was all nonsense. Barcelona are in a mess, Liverpool are in a very strong position.
"I think Coutinho will come back into the side and make a sizeable contribtion.
"We have to give credit to FSG for taking the stance they have and backing Jurgen Klopp. I hear such little credit given to them, but they have shown they want to go in a different direction and bring in more quality players.

Great to hear, you can't blame people for being weary after Sterling, Suarez and loads of other top players before them left, it's about time we started to show we can be resolute.

If you're referring to the van Dijk saga, no. Southampton aren't cnuts for refusing to sell us van Dijk. They're cnuts because they're hypocrites, making an issue out of our tapping him up when (a) everybody does it and (b) they had no problem with teams sniffing around the guy as long as they thought they could turn it into an auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom