• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho- what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're referring to the van Dijk saga, no. Southampton aren't cnuts for refusing to sell van Dijk. They're cnuts because they're hypocrites. They made an issue out of our tapping him up when (a) everybody does it and (b) they had no problem with teams sniffing around the guy as long as they thought they could turn it into an auction.
They unfortunately had too much pride to go back on their word towards the end. What we were prepared to pay was over any amount an auction early on would have brought them. Shame.

Yep. Citeh had already pulled out because of the price being quoted for him. We now have an interesting decision to make about the level of any offer we might make for him in January or next summer.

Yep. Citeh had already pulled out because of the price being quoted for him. We now have an interesting decision to make about the level of any offer we might make for him in January or next summer.
Ideally none at all

Hes not that good to command world record fees

And FWIW, I think it's a bit underplayed just how shamefully the little twerp has handled himself during the summer long "saga".

Anyway, we all know Footie is as fickle a Sport has you'll find especially nowadays where morals, loyalty, repect and all the rest goes out the window. A few good performances and goals and all will be forgiven and forgotten.

I think they underplayed it deliberately, as Macca said to deescalate the issue. It was smart and they had that in their pocket if they needed it. Klopp handled that issue well as well. Total adults.

Glad to see we've not let the Suarez/Masher/Sterling moments let other silly transfers happen.

I think worse than the agents is also the entourage factor.

Last edited:
He was never going to let him play this weekend.
Take your medicine son.

Id like us to leave him out until the Carling cup game.

If you're referring to the van Dijk saga, no. Southampton aren't cnuts for refusing to sell us van Dijk. They're cnuts because they're hypocrites, making an issue out of our tapping him up when (a) everybody does it and (b) they had no problem with teams sniffing around the guy as long as they thought they could turn it into an auction.

Slightly puzzled by the auction bit. The best Southampton could hope for was the 70million figure with us, city and Chelsea bidding for him. After the tapping up situation, we would have agreed to pay or come close to this figure in deadline day if they had invited us to bid for Virgil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I don't share your assumption about the £70 mill.figure, not with the market having gone haywire as it has, and I reckon Southampton also didn't, which is why they went apesh!t when (and only when) van Dijk spoiled their party by insisting he would join us and only us. Their utterly dishonest posturing regarding our conduct was really a last despairing attempt on their part to cut us out of the picture and persuade the other clubs to try again with van Dijk. By the time deadline day arrived they'd painted themselves into a corner about not selling to us and therefore felt that they couldn't step back from that without losing all credibility. The stupid, greedy idiots have cut their nose off to spite their face in a spectacular way, and this now ought to be reflected in the price we pay when we finally buy the player next year.

Well, I don't share your assumption about the £70 mill.figure, not with the market having gone haywire as it has, and I reckon Southampton also didn't, which is why they went apesh!t when (and only when) van Dijk spoiled their party by insisting he would join us and only us. Their utterly dishonest posturing regarding our conduct was really a last despairing attempt on their part to cut us out of the picture and persuade the other clubs to try again with van Dijk. By the time deadline day arrived they'd painted themselves into a corner about not selling to us and therefore felt that they couldn't step back from that without losing all credibility. The stupid, greedy idiots have cut their nose off to spite their face in a spectacular way, and this now ought to be reflected in the price we pay when we finally buy the player next year.

You're the arrogant cunt we accuse Barcelona of being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom