• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you going to need him to post a new thread issuing a full retraction and apology?

What's going on here?
I think he should do a Game of Thrones style walk of atonement, with people throwing rotten veg and animal dung. Though that all sounds like a prime Covid-19 transmission orgy so maybe not.

The Chinese stats (which may well be underplaying the death rate) have it at 2%. You really think 1 in 50 people with the seasonal flu dies? I think it is something like 0.1 %. Apparently this mortality rate is much more in line with the Spanish Flu that swept the world after WW1.
Since the symptoms (if any) in most people are extremely mild then it's likely the estimate that came out from a UK research lab (I forget which off hand) of an actual infection rate x10 higher is correct. However it's much more difficult to cover up a body so it's likely those official Govt. figures, even if manipulated, are still far far lower than x10. Therefore the mortality rate is actually much lower than the generally quoted figure of 2% (based on known infections and deaths), in fact it's likely to be way under 1%.

Last edited:
Since the symptoms (if any) in most people are extremely mild then it's likely the estimate that came out from a UK research lab (I forget which off hand) of an actual infection rate x10 higher is correct. However it's much more difficult to cover up a body so it's likely those official Govt. figures, even if manipulated, are still far far lower than x10. Therefore the mortality rate is actually much lower than the generally quoted figure of 2%, in fact it's likely to be way under 1%.
That does make sense.

Since the symptoms (if any) in most people are extremely mild then it's likely the estimate that came out from a UK research lab (I forget which off hand) of an actual infection rate x10 higher is correct. However it's much more difficult to cover up a body so it's likely those official Govt. figures, even if manipulated, are still far far lower than x10. Therefore the mortality rate is actually much lower than the generally quoted figure of 2%, in fact it's likely to be way under 1%.

That's not allowed apparently.

That's not allowed apparently.
It's easy to Google that one and in fact I think I've already stated which lab in the other thread (I'll have to check - not sure if it was even on this forum) !

Rumours however well intentioned are the bane of control. And having lived a couple of months of this rumour mongering in China I have to say that sources do indeed to be quoted because there is so much shit being spread around. It even led to people throwing their pets out of high rises in China as people believed the rumours it could be transmitted via their cats & dogs. Madness.

As I said : a 1 minute Google:
John Edmunds, a professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, told the Mail that modelling showed there were ‘ten times more cases than have been reported – or even more’. Prof Edmunds added that ‘it’s a mild disease that might be missed if somebody doesn’t seek healthcare’: ‘And none of the tests is going to be 100 per cent sensitive so it is not unusual to only capture maybe 10 per cent of the cases.’ Predicting the true scale of the outbreak involves a degree of ‘guesswork’, he said, and ‘it becomes very hard’ to confirm every single case.

It's easy to Google that one and in fact I think I've already stated which lab in the other thread (I'll have to check - not sure if it was even on this forum) !

Rumours however well intentioned are the bane of control. And having lived a couple of months of this rumour mongering in China I have to say that sources do indeed to be quoted because there is so much shit being spread around. It even led to people throwing their pets out of high rises in China as people believed the rumours it could be transmitted via their cats & dogs. Madness.

As I said : a 1 minute Google:
John Edmunds, a professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, told the Mail that modelling showed there were ‘ten times more cases than have been reported – or even more’. Prof Edmunds added that ‘it’s a mild disease that might be missed if somebody doesn’t seek healthcare’: ‘And none of the tests is going to be 100 per cent sensitive so it is not unusual to only capture maybe 10 per cent of the cases.’ Predicting the true scale of the outbreak involves a degree of ‘guesswork’, he said, and ‘it becomes very hard’ to confirm every single case.

Prof Edmunds. He is the maincharacter from BlakAdder. You have to come up with better than that.

Are you going to need him to post a new thread issuing a full retraction and apology?

What's going on here?
He could do, yeah.
Or more seriously, some of us living in the more affected areas would prefer to see solid info rather than made up bollocks.

Yes, I always look to the six crazy minutes LFC Football Forum for solid information on all life-critical issues, including possible global pandemics and how not to die.
Ha.
It was annoying that I had to go research the bollocks fake news from Rurik though, as if it was true I’d have been panicking and thinking about leaving Tokyo.

I think it's gonna make the whole summer kinda interesting. The Japanese Olympics will be off for a start, but can see the euros and all the festivals being cancelled too

Wish we still had Alex Jones on twitter so we could see him going on about how the globalists created corona and you can only cure yourself by drinking infowars bleach.

I'm guessing those 13,000 research scientists who are being paid billions to wipe us all out have a difficult time explaining what they do at barbecues etc

The rugby has been cancelled cos of it now. I do hope all those policemen still find an excuse to dress up as the spice girls.

Yes, I always look to the six crazy minutes LFC Football Forum for solid information on all life-critical issues, including possible global pandemics and how not to die.

To be fair, there’s a fairly good chance that a thread on here might start out about whether we need to sign a backup RB and end up with some solid factual Corona Virus advice, via something about toilet etiquette (taking a dump at a friends house), Greta Thumberg (and how her & Dantes are in love), forgotten 79’s/80’s TV shows (like Sapphire & Steele), whether Luis Suarez actually was a racist, pictures of some fat chicks, when we’re signing Ardja Turan, an indecipherable post from Dreamie, corrected grammatical errors, a Jason poem, something about technical specs for wiring up a sound system, a Woland story involving drugs, foreign travel and sprightly Shetland pony, a discussion on whether Bobby Firmino scores enough, some homoerotic banter and a Roundtable discussion on whether Modo is still a cunt.

Like most threads....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom