• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good..

I was worried we would be on Amazon Prime, who didn't show the Christmas matches in Ireland; no idea if they will let us watch what they broadcast for project restart

No. BBC and amazon have a handful but who is showing our last 3 hasn’t been announced.

All of Liverpools home games.. along with games against Everton and City - have been proposed to be played at neutral venues.

Liverpool are the only club with all home games slated to be played away from their home ground.

Part of me is bothered. The other part is like fuck it. Just get it done.

They have expanded on this. They want any game where we could win the title to be at a neutral venue. Plus some absolutely random games.

[article]
Police have set out the Premier League matches they would like to be played at neutral venues, which would include any Liverpool game where the title could be won.

The matches which have been requested to take place at neutral grounds are Manchester City v Liverpool, Manchester City v Newcastle, Manchester United v Sheffield United, Newcastle v Liverpool and Everton v Liverpool. The police statement adds that “the game in which Liverpool could secure the league title” should also be moved but this may end up needing to be more than one match if the Jürgen Klopp’s side do not clinch it at the first attempt.
[/article]

They have expanded on this. They want any game where we could win the title to be at a neutral venue. Plus some absolutely random games.

[article]
Police have set out the Premier League matches they would like to be played at neutral venues, which would include any Liverpool game where the title could be won.

The matches which have been requested to take place at neutral grounds are Manchester City v Liverpool, Manchester City v Newcastle, Manchester United v Sheffield United, Newcastle v Liverpool and Everton v Liverpool. The police statement adds that “the game in which Liverpool could secure the league title” should also be moved but this may end up needing to be more than one match if the Jürgen Klopp’s side do not clinch it at the first attempt.
[/article]
Thanks just came in to post the same. They've backed down from all home games and moved it

Manchester City v Liverpool

Manchester City v Newcastle

Manchester United v Sheffield United

Newcastle v Liverpool

Everton v Liverpool

Any game in which Liverpool could secure the title

Apart from us v shitty and blue shite I don’t know why the other games should be in neutral grounds.

I get that out game against Newcastle is last game of the season but it’ll be at least our 6th game as champions.

Apart from us v shitty and blue shite I don’t know why the other games should be in neutral grounds.

I get that out game against Newcastle is last game of the season but it’ll be at least our 6th game as champions.
They don't trust our fans. Simple.

The other games are pointless & just to make it look less like favouritism.

There's much more argument for some of the games involving the teams around the relegation zone than the ones they've picked.

They don't trust our fans. Simple.

The other games are pointless & just to make it look less like favouritism.

There's much more argument for some of the games involving the teams around the relegation zone than the ones they've picked.
Or just dont trust northerners.

Or just dont trust northerners.
Oh they’d be happy to let City play home games with their historically natural social distancing.
Their parades are pathetic too.

As much as I’d love to trust our supporters, I imagine there would be a load of dickheads around the stadium on the day we win the league.

As soon as it becomes clear one team is 99% certain to be relegated or miss out on a European place or ... whatever, the local knobs will pile out on the streets and force the govt's hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom