• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League restarts June, hotels and travel being arranged for all clubs from mid-May for a period of 8 weeks, staying in vicinity of STGP and training in local club grounds

All games to be played at St George's Park, closed doors, TV only; 2-3 games per day streamed live.

That's the latest ITK chat.

From The Anfield Wrap knobheads

[article]From within the TAW subscriber group

Premier league is back in June. I have a lead from someone who works for a sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may.

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live.

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch.[/article]

From The Anfield Wrap knobheads

[article]From within the TAW subscriber group

Premier league is back in June. I have a lead from someone who works for a sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may.

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live.

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch.[/article]

Exact same email/ text, so from the same fella.

Yeah, although I wouldn't mind the PSG situation either. We'd still be Champions.

And that's all that counts.

If given the choice, what would people prefer? Restart the season and play it out behind closed doors or being crowned champions immediately?

I’m in 2 minds over that. Either way, it will read Liverpool - Premier League champions 2019/20.

If given the choice, what would people prefer? Restart the season and play it out behind closed doors or being crowned champions immediately?

I want the season played out, but 30 years of conditioning make me think about how it would feel if we went on to lose all the remaining games.

We won't, obviously, so my vote would be play it out.

They're going to quarantine all players... what about staff? What about the hotel staff? Security? Catering?

Let's say that each club has about 100 members of staff that will need be involved from now until the end of the season. That's 2000 people you're relying on not catching the virus for 8 weeks or whatever. Then you have TV staff, security, medical staff, catering etc. All it takes is for one of those to catch it before it all grinds to a halt again.

I'm not confident.

c492645c6ef71deaa69084650d7dc3ac.jpg

They're going to quarantine all players... what about staff? What about the hotel staff? Security? Catering?

Let's say that each club has about 100 members of staff that will need be involved from now until the end of the season. That's 2000 people you're relying on not catching the virus for 8 weeks or whatever. Then you have TV staff, security, medical staff, catering etc. All it takes is for one of those to catch it before it all grinds to a halt again.

I'm not confident.

I dunno what the plans are but this isn't anywhere near as hard as people make it sound. People seem to forget just how much money the PL has at its disposal.

You could just book out entire hotels and send the staff home on full pay (in the unlikely event they're even open).

Then have meals and food delivered with no human contact.

The only people who really truly have to be isolated are the players and coaching staff. It's not a huge number of people at all. Less than a thousand in total.

The more I think about this;It is the more I believe that the League will not restart...

1) Players being tested:- With the government wanting to ease restriction just how long before a player decides that they can meet up with their mates and end up contract covid19 by doing so, and in turn passes it on to a member of staff at the club, or team mate

2) A player for West Ham is a syptomatic and infects a couple of team mates and Wolves players while playing a match... Or if all EPL Clubs stay and play thier games at St. George's Park. do you truly believe that if someone had covid 19 that it would,or could be contain with so many players and staff sharing what would be the equivalent of a barracks..??

3) And what if a player from team "A" infects a player from team "B" who later dies what then...Does club "A" compensate club"B" if so then how, pay club "A" how much they bought that player for, or how much he is now valued at (Use Coutinho as a example) £8.5M from Inter £139m to Barca, or the money Barca are trying to get for him now (£87M or less). Or does Club "A" tell Club "B" to chase the player who infected him for the money...? Will the insurance pay out..? Will the blame lay with the Player, Club, or the FA..?

We need to see how this pans out elsewhere before the FA makes that call...Italy looking to resart, while the Ditch and French league ending their seasons

But personally I can't see the a restart to the season. I believe that we will get the Title and where teams are now thats how it will finish, the bottom three will go down, and football will restart maybe late September/early October with no International breaks(The way it should be) to complete the season and gaurd against spreading Covid 19

The more I think about this;It is the more I believe that the League will not restart...

1) Players being tested:- With the government wanting to ease restriction just how long before a player decides that they can meet up with their mates and end up contract covid19 by doing so, and in turn passes it on to a member of staff at the club, or team mate

2) A player for West Ham is a syptomatic and infects a couple of team mates and Wolves players while playing a match... Or if all EPL Clubs stay and play thier games at St. George's Park. do you truly believe that if someone had covid 19 that it would,or could be contain with so many players and staff sharing what would be the equivalent of a barracks..??

3) And what if a player from team "A" infects a player from team "B" who later dies what then...Does club "A" compensate club"B" if so then how, pay club "A" how much they bought that player for, or how much he is now valued at (Use Coutinho as a example) £8.5M from Inter £139m to Barca, or the money Barca are trying to get for him now (£87M or less). Or does Club "A" tell Club "B" to chase the player who infected him for the money...? Will the insurance pay out..? Will the blame lay with the Player, Club, or the FA..?

We need to see how this pans out elsewhere before the FA makes that call...Italy looking to resart, while the Ditch and French league ending their seasons

But personally I can't see the a restart to the season. I believe that we will get the Title and where teams are now thats how it will finish, the bottom three will go down, and football will restart maybe late September/early October with no International breaks(The way it should be) to complete the season and gaurd against spreading Covid 19

1. Dunno. How long do you think?
  2. Probably why they won't use anything like a barracks for accomodation.
  3. That's just ridiculous.

Just as an aside, Toulouse have the distinction of being the only team against whom that whopper Voronin ever scored a decent goal for us, a long-range strike to win a European tie at their place.

Just as an aside, Toulouse have the distinction of being the only team against whom that whopper Voronin ever scored a decent goal for us, a long-range strike to win a European tie at their place.
He also scored a stunner, when he pulled that fox of a wife

First one. This team and manager deserve a proper victory which nobody can dilute of sneer at. They're brilliant.

Plus I'm bored off my tits and want to watch footie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom