• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Croatia v England - World Cup Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
England finally faced a decent performance from a decent side, and are out. In retrospect I'm not sure England have improved, so much as this was one of the weakest world cups ever (and an enjoyable one).

You aren't going to get far when you don't score much from open play.

True.

England beat Panama, Tunisia and Sweden after 90 minutes. 3 of the worst 6-7 teams probably.

Gutted for England ... They didn't deserve it tonight, but really could have done more in the 1st half ... Linegard missed a really good chance, and Sterling - despite all the good work - continues his terrible decision making in the box for England ... Gutted, thought England would win it (@Fabio - I was wrong)

He's just crying because he's realised how shite his lot are, now they haven't got that lanky streak of piss to carry them.

Crying? Tears of joy! :)

And I’ve known that Sweden are shit for a long time. But the fucking trumpet is more annoying than the wuvuzela.

A trumpet and a drum on football, wtf?

England showed lots of effort but the better team overall won on the night

I think we have just about done what we always do at a world cup to be fair.
If we had played Belgium or Croatia last 16 we would have gone out then.
In reality we have Beaten Panama and Tunisia and Sweden, drawn with Columbia and lost to Begium and Croatia

Thats kind of how good we are.
A top 16ish side around about the Columbia class.

The its coming home stuff has been great fun, and Southgate and the team have made the fans enjoy international football again. We sneaked into a Semi Final.

It was fun.

Perisic was brilliant tonight.
When they were under the pump the first half, hes the one who drove the team back on. He was so cool tonight.
Wish we had signed him years
Ago

Feel for those poor fuckers who booked a trip with Sport options for the final with a £150 NON REFUNDABLE deposit.

hahaha

I think we have just about done what we always do at a world cup to be fair.
If we had played Belgium or Croatia last 16 we would have gone out then.
In reality we have Beaten Panama and Tunisia and Sweden, drawn with Columbia and lost to Begium and Croatia

Thats kind of how good we are.
A top 16ish side around about the Columbia class.

The its coming home stuff has been great fun, and Southgate and the team have made the fans enjoy international football again. We sneaked into a Semi Final.

It was fun.

We’ve beaten Tunisia and Panama, lost to Belgium and drawn against Colombia.

I'm chuffed.

Now I hope that M'bappe gets 4 goals in the final to deny the goalden boot for Kane as well.
England still have another game. So hopefully your ill desire towards the England team players with that final wish may never come to pass.

Gutted for England ... They didn't deserve it tonight, but really could have done more in the 1st half ... Linegard missed a really good chance, and Sterling - despite all the good work - continues his terrible decision making in the box for England ... Gutted, thought England would win it (@Fabio - I was wrong)
Sterling - 2 goals in 43 appearances for England. However good his approach play is, one cannot be dependent on an attacking player with such a poor scoring record.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

63752e9e2e4b35d5c8557e0fcebe40e9.jpg

The winner obviously deserves to win but its not always the best team that wins. The games England lost were very close ... there was no embarrassing performances ... Croatia were utter shit in that firat half and England failed to take advantage. In this game i thought Alli was very poor.

You can argue this England team has overachieved and done brilliantly well. You can argue they had an easy ride and were found out once they came up against a half decent side.

What strikes me, for a nation of England's size and compared against the likes of France and even more stark Belgium and Croatia (even Germany despite their poor performance this tournament), we can't produce absolutely top notch gifted skilful players.

Until there's a massive overhaul at grassroots level England won't produce those players.

You can argue this England team has overachieved and done brilliantly well. You can argue they had an easy ride and were found out once they came up against a half decent side.

What strikes me, for a nation of England's size and compared against the likes of France and even more stark Belgium and Croatia (even Germany despite their poor performance this tournament), we can't produce absolutely top notch gifted skilful players.

Until there's a massive overhaul at grassroots level England won't produce those players.
Agreed. Very functional. Very organised. But have we ever had a Pele, Best, Maradona,
Messi, Zidane, Ronaldo etc.
Even a Modric, Hazard, De Bruyne

We dont create GREAT footballers.
Just good ones

Sheik when England have done well its fine margins. Much of the blame regarding past failures can be put down to bad management. This team has been far more cultured than anything in the past. They keep the ball better and can pass it around the back well. Final third application needs improvement but my biggest issue is with speed of distribution from midfield was very slow ..cannot help thinking if OX was playing things would have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom