• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dalglish on Maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
"I'm tempted to play Maxi in every game. He has a fantastic recent goalscoring record," Dalglish said. "He is an intelligent footballer and he must have been some player five years ago when he was in his prime. He might be getting a bit towards my age now [Rodríguez is 30] but he is still a clever, intelligent footballer. He knows how to play and he knows how to finish. He's just an intelligent footballer who understands the game on and off the pitch. The same as everybody should do. The squad is more important than the individual."

----

Screw the politics, just play him.

Nonsense. We need someone with pace, directivity and the ability to swing crosses in. Get to the byline and stuff.

That's show modern football is played.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47787.msg1437878#msg1437878 date=1323042005]
What politics?
[/quote]
It was tongue in cheek, mate chill.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47787.msg1437883#msg1437883 date=1323043635]
Nonsense. We need someone with pace, directivity and the ability to swing crosses in. Get to the byline and stuff.

[/quote]

*Sarcasm senses tingling*

It's right though. A decent brain on a footballer is far more effective than any physical attributes a player can have. Players like Maxi and Lucas are testament to that.

And yet a suspiciously high proportion of footballers with pace find themselves playing in attacking positions.

I wonder why.

[/quote]

yes, yes we do.

* I know you are being sarcastic but we do need it even if it's just an option.

[/quote]

And all the modern wingers cost an arm and a leg. Downing was meant to do that for us. And until he begins to deliver then Maxi HAS to start ahead of him. Based on the current squad and form Maxi should be in ahead of him every game. He deserves to start tonight too!

Perhaps he doesn't think that he's fit enough to play a quick succession of games, or perhaps he thinks that he wants to develop talent that has a chance to pay off more in future.

Either way, I'd rather have the best chance of winning today, against a poor team like Fulham, and when it comes to attacking play, we don't really have any wiggle room.

I know that this game will and should be put down to Spearing being sent off. But when Kuyt and Downing came on instead of Maxi I knew it was a loss.

It's becoming a joke really.
This is probably the first time I see a player who scores goals get rewarded by being dropped, habitually.

It's disappointing Kenny isn't starting him IF he's healthy ... If he is, it should be bellers/maxi/suarez ... I like Big Andy, but he's not 'on' right now.

Re: Re: Dalglish on Maxi

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47787.msg1#msg1 date=1323123277]
Maxi should drop Kenny for the next game.
[/quote]

I'd agree tbh

I'm getting fed up with late useless subs

Still, at least downing looked good

Kenny confuses the fuck out of me.

Not one fair minded Liverpool fan could blame Maxi if he decided enough was enough and looked for a move in January.

An experienced Argentinian International with a goal record of 1 in 4 throughout his career is getting overlooked time and time again by players not fit to lace his boots. Shitty state of affairs to say the least.

He has a fantastic recent goalscoring record. He is an intelligent footballer and he must have been some player five years ago when he was in his prime.

"He might be getting a bit towards my age now but he is still a clever player. He knows how to play and he knows how to finish.

"Maxi is someone that you admire. A lot of people can look at him and also learn from him. Maxi and Bellers, along with Carra, are the elder statesmen. The way they look after themselves, the way they train and the way they prepare themselves, they are a great example to everybody.

He's 30 , 31 in january ...he's younger than Carra , Bellemy , Gerrard , Kuyt so why is his age an issue at all ? Just fucking play him if he deserves it and right now he does .

[/quote]

Wait a minute ..i have an idea ...if we could only merge a player with a 'footballing brain' with someone with pace, directivity and the ability to swing crosses in .
Argh but they've never existed before .

Kind of insulting from Kenny. Maxi saved our ass time after time this season and last. Owed the chance to have a league game start, fuck, even if he has a mediocre game. We've been granting that luxury to Carroll and Downing and we don't owe them jack. I'm pissed we keep using "win-able" games to jumpstart Carroll and Downing. Sometimes the thing is just DEAD. Maybe they'll turn around, but when a player is in form and your team is so-so, you play the guy. That guy is Maxi.

yep, thats a first post i wholeheartedly agree with. i dont know what the fuck kennys thinking sometimes, and every manager we have seem to have the curse of the baffling substitutions (although downing did a lot better than i thought he would today)

Does Maxi actually have a clause in his contract that states he'll be granted automatic extension upon X no. of games, like Kyrgiakos did? ???

This is getting ridiculous. Whats stopping Kenny from fielding him, if he is "tempted" to do that every game....

That statement didn't make any sense at all.

I can understand why Bellamy got a game because his form has deserved it.

I can understand why Carroll got a game - you can't leave him on the bench forever.

I can't understand why Maxi didn't come on earlier in the second half. Carroll was involved in the first half but faded badly in the second and Suarez was dipping in and out of the game. We needed more and nothing happened from the bench. Frustrating times.

we are struggling to score and maxi has scored in the last two games he has played, I know it's a little on the nose and maybe a little obvious. kenny must have his reasons for leaving him out.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47787.msg1438937#msg1438937 date=1323162846]
we are struggling to score and maxi has scored in the last two games he has played, I know it's a little on the nose and maybe a little obvious. kenny must have his reasons for leaving him out.
[/quote]

He has 6 months on his contract and its 3 weeks to the transfer window, I think he doesn't want him injured

Im glad Kennys in charge and not Roy or i'd be calling him all kinds of useless old saggy faced annoying cunts.

Re: Re: Dalglish on Maxi

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47787.msg1#msg1 date=1323163335]
Im glad Kennys in charge and not Roy or i'd be calling him all kinds of useless old saggy faced annoying cunts.
[/quote]

Its getting to the stage where the fact its kenny won't stop me calling him a prick

I can understand the frustration, but we owe a lot to Kenny even in this latest stint as manager. Though, things could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom