• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dirk unhappy under "this manager"

Status
Not open for further replies.

localny

Well-Known
Liverpool news
Kuyt annoyed by Dalglish rotation
May 15, 2012
Email Print
By ESPN staff
Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt revealed he is becoming increasingly frustrated at Anfield after struggling to see first-team action under manager Kenny Dalglish.

GettyImages
Dirk Kuyt: About to exit Anfield?
Kuyt scored just two goals in 26 Premier League appearances this season, with Reds boss Dalglish leaving the 31-year-old on the bench for large periods. However, Kuyt feels he is good enough to play on a more regular basis.

"Under this manager I don't have the feeling any more that he will put me in the side every week," Kuyt told The Sun. "I'm under no illusion about playing every week. But I believe I am still good enough to play for Liverpool every week.

"Last season I was scoring goals all over the place. But this season the manager bought three players who all played in my position. In the rotation system he used, I never found my rhythm again and never felt my old self."

Last month, Kuyt was seen having talks with Feyenoord technical director Martin van Geel, sparking reports he would sign for his former club. However, although the player admits he considered a move back to Rotterdam, he believes he still has much to offer a top European side.

"Deep in my heart I'd love to stay at Liverpool. The fact I held talks with Feyenoord indicates I wanted to give it a serious chance," he told AD Sportwereld.

"But in many ways the gap is too great at this moment in time. If I returned to Holland, I would have to take an 80% cut in my Liverpool wages."

Serie A side Roma and Hamburg in the German Bundesliga are believed to be interested in signing Kuyt once the summer transfer window opens.

I've gone on about this before, but really this is an utter fucking disgrace.

How can someone like Kuyt who's given years of quality service to this club, and done it when it's fucking counted be ostracised to the point that he's on the verge of leaving?

Giving games to fucking retards ahead of him - only because you paid a fuckload for them and have to justify it - to the detriment of the team is appalling.

I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves. He deserves so fucking much better.

It's a good thing Dirk spent so much time on the bench this season. Who knows where we would have finished without Henderson and Downing in the XI every week.

At the end if the day, there is a point where all players outlive their usefulness and it's time to move them on, etc

Kuyt doesn't fit into a 442 and don't think he's up to the job of playing up front consistently.

If we were playing a 4231 then Kuyt would have more of a roll.

I quite like Kuyt, but now is the time to thank him for all his effort and let him move on to a new challenge.

Kuyt is a good man which I respect a lot. But he is unfortunetaly not showing enough to start regulary for us. Last season he scored nada for long periods..... and god knows he has had some crucial misses this season. Blame the rotation for those ones Dirk!

Where's the bit where he explains why he's utterly shit for 4/5 months of every season?

He explains it shortly after Downing and Dalglish explain why they're shit at their jobs for 12 months of the year.

I guess he wasn't given a proper chance:

22 starts, 12 sub appearances in the Premier League
1 start, 4 sub appearances in the FA Cup
2 starts, 3 sub appearances in the FA Cup.

24 starts overall, 19 sub appearances.

I liked the bit were he said he was under no illusion about playing every week and then says he thinks he's good enough to play every week.

Sounds like your under that illusion after all Dirk.

Damn that 80% pay cut Dirk.

I liked the bit were he said he was under no illusion about playing every week and then says he thinks he's good enough to play every week.

Sounds like your under that illusion after all Dirk.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was bloody odd.

62 games between Downing and Kuyt and we managed to get 2 goals out of them.

Please for the love of god Kenny get rid of both of them.

We tend to persist with mediocrity in fairness. And Kenny seems to have the GH tendency to play players he signed even if they were a step down. I fear this obstinacy

I've gone on about this before, but really this is an utter fucking disgrace.

How can someone like Kuyt who's given years of quality service to this club, and done it when it's fucking counted be ostracised to the point that he's on the verge of leaving?

Giving games to fucking retards ahead of him - only because you paid a fuckload for them and have to justify it - to the detriment of the team is appalling.

I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves. He deserves so fucking much better.

As much as I agree with the general point, Kuyt had very little competition in his position for several years. He probably got a little too used to being an automatic starter, simply because we didn't have any wide midfielders of note. Of course all players like consistency, but an automatic starting spot is not a luxury he should be expecting at this point. He has to take his opportunities when they come and for the most part, he hasn't. In fact, he's been truly horrific for large portions of this season (and you know I'm a big fan). While it's true the people who have been ahead of him in the pecking order have also been awful, Dirk cannot expect to turn in some of the performances he has and keep his place regardless. There's no doubt he should have played more games (based on his track record), but he also needs to take some responsibility for his current predicament.

Giving an interview to the bog roll, disrespecting the Liverpool manager and explaining how his heart wants to stay at LFC because other teams won't pay him as much as the Reds.

Close the door on your way out, Dirk.

As much as I agree with the general point, Kuyt had very little competition in his position for several years. He probably got a little too used to being an automatic starter, simply because we didn't have any wide midfielders of note. Of course all players like consistency, but an automatic starting spot is not a luxury he should be expecting at this point. He has to take his opportunities when they come and for the most part, he hasn't. In fact, he's been truly horrific for large portions of this season (and you know I'm a big fan). While it's true the people who have been ahead of him in the pecking order have also been awful, Dirk cannot expect to turn in some of the performances he has and keep his place regardless. There's no doubt he should have played more games (based on his track record), but he also needs to take some responsibility for his current predicament.

I've also been a huge fan of Dirk, and I think this bang on. He hasn't exactly made the manager's mind up for him, has he? I'm sad as well that a player I've always thought of as profoundly dignified would snipe in this way.

Where's the bit where he explains why he's utterly shit for 4/5 months of every season?

Exactly.

He's had enough opportunities to "find his rythym". A player shouldn't need 20 games to find a bit of form and he's been fairly indulged during his time here at Liverpool in that respect - a managers favourite with little to no competition for his place. He's repaid us with a lot of effort, commitment and big goals but it's clear that he's not as selfless as his on the pitch persona suggests. This is not the first time he's said he'd leave if he's not guaranteed an automatic place.

It's kinda back to the same 'ol argument. The fact that player X is shit doesn't mean we shouldn't have dropped / sold player Y. It jus means that we keep on buying the wrong players, which we all recognize to be true.

Thanks for the good times Dirk and good luck at your new club.

Even though I'm not getting involved in this, why is everyone saying My Dirk spoke to the shit rag ?

I see an ESPN thingy up there.

What am I missing, without getting involved ?

Even though I'm not getting involved in this, why is everyone saying My Dirk spoke to the shit rag ?

"Under this manager I don't have the feeling any more that he will put me in the side every week," Kuyt told The Sun. "I'm under no illusion about playing every week. But I believe I am still good enough to play for Liverpool every week.

It says in the article he spoke to the scum..
ESPN just lifted the story from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom