• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dirk unhappy under "this manager"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark ... You're tarring me with the LTW of years ago ... I changed my tune on Dirk - I would have started him more this year (not because his form deserved it) because he was a better option than Downing. He has had a lot of opportunities this year, and has been poor overall though. You seem to be judging him very favorably - which is understandable as he's been an important contributor over the last 4 years to whatever runs we made. That being said, he's talked openly about leaving since Rafa left - which I don't like - and if he did knowingly interview with the S*n, I'm sure you'll see why many posters on this thread (quite a few dirk'a'holics) are furious.

If he can't accept the rotation policy (which still afforded him 30+ appearance in the league, mostly starts) then he should leave for his own sake.

Apparently his agent has now told The S*n that Kuyt will be minded to stay if Kenny goes. What a way to ruin your image with a club you've served so well.

Apparently his agent has now told The S*n that Kuyt will be minded to stay if Kenny goes. What a way to ruin your image with a club you've served so well.

I guess it's just the same as a lot of players. They don't like managers that bench them.

I've never bought into the whole Dirk love-in but I do have a lot of time for him. I don't think this is anything new though and I don't think it changes that much. He's a fairly honest and decent guy. It's just that Liverpool doesn't mean quite as much to him as some people think - he wants to play week in, week out and get paid.

Wiz owns the thread because he's always shared your viewpoint about Dirk.

I can never take you seriously over Kuyt, Neil, given some of the brainless, heartless shite you've put your faith in for us. *cough*Babel*cough*

You've never rated him that highly, so this lands perfectly. Lap it up.

I showed faith in babel and he let me down. fuck it, no one is going to tell me babel didn't have potential he just didn't realise it.
going back to kuyt, he kind of epitomises liverpool, bursts of form (usually when there is little to play for) winter slumps, no consistancy but turns up in big games but not a flat track bully.

the comparison with babel doesn't work for me, babel was always on the fringe of the first team so what he did was mostly irrelavent, where as kuyt enjoyed weekly football and mostly failed in the position he was purchased for, a striker. hence why he was moved out to the wing. if we bought a winger worth a shit kuyt wouldn't get a sniff.

to pure fuel on the flames I would much (MUCH!) rather keep maxi than kuyt. maxi delievers absolutely every I expect from a player in his position a stake contrast to kuyt to delivers next to nothing what I expect from a player in his position (wide midfield).

I guess it's just the same as a lot of players. They don't like managers that bench them.

I've never bought into the whole Dirk love-in but I do have a lot of time for him. I don't think this is anything new though and I don't think it changes that much. He's a fairly honest and decent guy. It's just that Liverpool doesn't mean quite as much to him as some people think - he wants to play week in, week out and get paid.

Yes, he had a pop at Benitez during that season when his form really fell flat. But I meant more the fact that yet again he and his agent appear to be speaking to that rag. I just hope it's not true.

Yes, he had a pop at Benitez during that season when his form really fell flat. But I meant more the fact that yet again he and his agent appear to be speaking to that rag. I just hope it's not true.

I mostly look at what happens on the pitch rather than speculation off it and this season kuyt has been mostly rubbish, the audacity to ask more more playing time on the back of the season he has just had beggers belief.

Yup ... and again Mark, would you be ok with him (& his agent) talking to that rag?

There's no way Kuyt or his agent should be talking to that paper. We all agree on that, right?

However, Kuyt alongside Ming, Maxi and Suarez help Kenny get the manager's job in the first place. At the start of the season, Kuyt and Maxi should have been on the team sheet with Carroll and Henderson waiting for their chances on the subs bench.

As for missing open goals... well, you have to be in the position to miss them and crucially score them. Both Downing and Henderson spent most of the season hiding from the penalty area because they were too afraid to miss. Kuyt's never been afraid to miss... I would take out-of form Kuyt over an out-of-form Downing and Henderson.

That's what i was getting at - when Mark made the point he might be appreciated more elsewhere.

I get why you and Ryan would spin this negatively - but I don't get Mark here. Everyone has been desperate for something positive lately - and Sterling has got us hoping (even if he turns out a dud, he's giving us hope). So fans are naturally high on Sterling ...

I get why you and Ryan would spin this negatively - but I don't get Mark here. Everyone has been desperate for something positive lately - and Sterling has got us hoping (even if he turns out a dud, he's giving us hope). So fans are naturally high on Sterling ...

WTF are you on talking about?
I'm not making it up, they both came on at the same time last week vs Chelsea and Sterling got a much better reception than Dirk which left a bad taste as we all knew it was highly likely to be Dirk's final game at Anfield.

"Spin this negatively", it's what fucking happened.

And of course people are excited about Sterling, he looks a great prospect but he's proved fuck all as yet.
Whereas Kuyt's put in 6 years of brilliant service in a Liverpool shirt, not always played well but there's no doubting his committement and pride in the shirt - hence he deserved a standing ovation imo.

He has had a lot of opportunities this year, and has been poor overall though

Indeed he has, which is why I don't really think he is in much of a position to moan.

I think only a handful of outfield players played more games than him this season.

Mark ... You're tarring me with the LTW of years ago ... I changed my tune on Dirk - I would have started him more this year (not because his form deserved it) because he was a better option than Downing. He has had a lot of opportunities this year, and has been poor overall though. You seem to be judging him very favorably - which is understandable as he's been an important contributor over the last 4 years to whatever runs we made. That being said, he's talked openly about leaving since Rafa left - which I don't like - and if he did knowingly interview with the S*n, I'm sure you'll see why many posters on this thread (quite a few dirk'a'holics) are furious.

If he can't accept the rotation policy (which still afforded him 30+ appearance in the league, mostly starts) then he should leave for his own sake.

I'm not debating that LTW, I don't think I am judging him 'favourably', he's a good player who unfortunately played in a team that didn't have a winger, so the onus was always on him to be more than what he was, to be a striker who didn't miss and a winger with more in his cannon than a work hard attitude and an ability to score and create, which is what he did do for the most part, statistically speaking at the very least.

Had we had the correct players and not been looking for others to compensate, players like him wouldn't be getting a ridiculous amount of unwarranted stick.

As for talking to the Sun, we all know that's wrong, I don't think that's really up for debate is it? I'd just like to think (hope) it was a small amount of ignorance on his part and more to do with the writer than the paper itself.

Would still rather Kuyt in the team over Henderson and Downing. More likely to assist and/or score.
As Kuyt says himself, he's under no illusions about his role in the squad but he's more intimating that he should be in the side based on the (very average)competition he's up against.

I'm not making it up, they both came on at the same time last week vs Chelsea and Sterling got a much better reception than Dirk which left a bad taste as we all knew it was highly likely to be Dirk's final game at Anfield.

People are excited by Sterling - they think he's going to be great. So they cheered him loudly. It wasn't about Dirk, it's about the excitement people feel re: Sterling.

That's what most likely fucking happened.

And of course people are excited about Sterling, he looks a great prospect but he's proved fuck all as yet.
Whereas Kuyt's put in 6 years of brilliant service in a Liverpool shirt, not always played well but there's no doubting his committement and pride in the shirt - hence he deserved a standing ovation imo.

I agree ... but still, in a shit season, people need sparks of excitement. Sterling has provided that, as proven by how WE react here on the forum when he gets on (as if he's some messiah - we know he's probably going to end up playing with Freddy Adu in Norway or something)

Young players often get a warm reception in order to encourage them. Particularly when they're hyped to fuck.

Dirk got clapped on. Maxi has previously made it clear it would be his last game and did so on the night. Dirk has not done this. We still don't know what's going to happen. If we knew he was going, he'd have gotten a rapturous reception.

So in short, you're making something out of nothing.

Young players often get a warm reception in order to encourage them. Particularly when they're hyped to fuck.

Dirk got clapped on. Maxi has previously made it clear it would be his last game and did so on the night. Dirk has not done this. We still don't know what's going to happen. If we knew he was going, he'd have gotten a rapturous reception.

So in short, you're making something out of nothing.

Agree with this. Most of the fans have a lot of affection for Dirk to suggest otherwise seems a little daft

I thought he meant LTW , Wiz. (if I've got the wrong end of the stick there, apologies, I was always of the understanding that LTW wasn't a Dirk fan)

Dirk's now on the decline but there's no question he's been a big player for us over the years and scored important goals and gave his heart into everything. He's put on battling displays when we've needed it and led by example. Yeah he's had slumps, he's also paid the price for his versatility too many times, playing wide, deep and tracking back to cover the deficiencies of other players, sometimes at the expense of his own more natural instincts.

If anyone doubts his abilities or the man himself, you only have to read the accolades of those closest to him professionally, or watch how he links up with the more glittered stars in the Holland team. Watch how he played with Huntelaar and RVP a few months back and the inch perfect cross he put in for Huntelaar's goal.

He's always been a versatile centre forward, the Carra of the front line. Torres and Suarez, two outstanding attacking players have both shown their best form for us while playing alongside him, both managed to link well with him and to benefit from his unselfish play and his hardwork in helping create space for them to exploit.

This smacks of Modo over Carragher. Too happy to jump on a player he's never really rated that highly as soon as opportunity (in both cases, being the wrong side of 30), presents itself.

People questioning his right to feel aggrieved need only look at what's got on the pitch infront of him this season, more often than not with an unmerited amount of faith. Those questioning his integrity need only look at the impecible way he's conducted himself throughout his career, and more importantly, since he walked through those gates. He's been a terrific pro and while this may raise some questions and not befit his usual dignified approach, it shouldn't overshadow what has been a terrific career and a massive amount of love and loyalty for the club on his part.

I don't think I'd really disagree with any of that. He's been a top pro; gave 100% on the field at every opportunity.

The things I had a problem with was the idea he's been scoring goals everywhere; he hit 13 goals last season in open play. He goes months at a time without scoring and this season it seemed to last all year.

The other issue I have is that a player like Dirk, who's given 100% in his 6 years with us, being lauded by some posters - demanding that he be shown loyalty and respect. These same posters who then go out and denigrate, criticise and scream for Kenny to be shown the door quick smart - a man who has done so much more for this club than Dirk ever has or ever will.

I'm all for Dirk being shown respect and receiving the grattitude of the fans for a number of years of very good service but let's not sugar coat it; he's been well paid for it and he makes it clear in this interview that that is a major reason for his service. Contrast that with Kenny who has lived and breathed this club, been through some of it's worst moments and delivered by his own hand (or foot) some of its greatest moments. As much of a club man as Kuyt is there's no comparison, if we're honest, so the idea that some fans are crying foul over Dirk's slightly questionable treatment and in the same breath denigrating King Kenny is ludicrous. That's the sort of attitude I'd expect from one of the plastic fans with a plastic flag at Stamford.

I'm all for Dirk being shown respect and receiving the grattitude of the fans for a number of years of very good service but let's not sugar coat it; he's been well paid for it and he makes it clear in this interview that that is a major reason for his service. Contrast that with Kenny who has lived and breathed this club, been through some of it's worst moments and delivered by his own hand (or foot) some of its greatest moments. As much of a club man as Kuyt is there's no comparison, if we're honest, so the idea that some fans are crying foul over Dirk's slightly questionable treatment and in the same breath denigrating King Kenny is ludicrous. That's the sort of attitude I'd expect from one of the plastic fans with a plastic flag at Stamford.

Brilliant & spot on

So if you're pro dirj you're negative kenny due to the fact dirk doesn't like kenny

Wonder if dirks doing a jig because he doesn't have to take a wage cut

Wonder if dirks doing a jig because he doesn't have to take a wage cut

Pointless for Dirk anyway; we get any decent manager in who happens to visit the training ground at the same time as Dirk tries to control a ball...... he'd wish he could see the bench.

Kuyt needs a manager who can spend time watching what his workrate, effort and constant desire can add on the pitch. The next manager is going to be under too much pressure to take the time to see that; he'd be better off downsizing his spending now cause that wage cut he fears so much isn't far away IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom