• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Drinkies?

[quote author=Jay D link=topic=20393.msg482526#msg482526 date=1202070851]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=20393.msg482517#msg482517 date=1202070217]

One of the funniest things I heard yesterday was MarkMc to Sheiky.

"I know I can't type or spell but you actually LOOK like you can't spell"

Quality.
[/quote]

Haha. One of the funniest things I heard was on the way to town mate. You come out with a classic.... the one about those poor Irish lads who are having to come HALF way across the Irish Sea to meet us.
[/quote]HAHAHA

[quote author=Jay D link=topic=20393.msg482526#msg482526 date=1202070851]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=20393.msg482517#msg482517 date=1202070217]

One of the funniest things I heard yesterday was MarkMc to Sheiky.

"I know I can't type or spell but you actually LOOK like you can't spell"

Quality.
[/quote]

Haha. One of the funniest things I heard was on the way to town mate. You come out with a classic.... the one about those poor Irish lads who are having to come HALF way across the Irish Sea to meet us.
[/quote]

Yep deffo one of my blonde moments.

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=20393.msg482476#msg482476 date=1202067403]

Ijjy, no you don't sound neutral. Proper midlands meht. But i take off the imaginery hat my hangover has bestowed on me, to you. Any lad that has the balls to jump on a train with no real idea of what would happen, then fit in and be at ease with that lot, will go far in life.

[/quote]

Yep fair does to the lad Ian. To do that at 17 years of age without knowing what's in store and whether he had a bed for the night takes some brass ones. He'll go far that one.

[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=20393.msg482479#msg482479 date=1202067582]
Oh and Dan (see how i used your full name there, just not in the right order), keep thinking Pink. Pete's jumper does..........Maroon. My left nut!
[/quote]

My mind is firmly stuck on the thought of that reacharound.

Cheers for the lift boys - and to everyone else (said now I'm slightly] more compus mentus) really great meeting you, just a shame I wasn't in a fit state to actually hold down a normal conversation for most of the night, but hopefully next time the schedule will be slightly more forgiving.

John - good to see you made it back to Chester before the hour of castration

[quote author=singlerider link=topic=20393.msg482535#msg482535 date=1202071307]
[quote author=Rouge Penguin link=topic=20393.msg482479#msg482479 date=1202067582]
Oh and Dan (see how i used your full name there, just not in the right order), keep thinking Pink. Pete's jumper does..........Maroon. My left nut!
[/quote]

Cheers for the lift boys - and to everyone else (said now I'm slightly] more compus mentus) really great meeting you, just a shame I wasn't in a fit state to actually hold down a normal conversation for most of the night, but hopefully next time the schedule will be slightly more forgiving.

[/quote]

Hey Dan - I thought we had plenty of 'normal' conversations mate and I enjoyed gassing with you. Top lad and have obviously discovered the secret of the fountain of youth.

[quote author=Asim link=topic=20393.msg482529#msg482529 date=1202070885]
*Great*
This site will be even more cultish now!

I was hoping for stories of a punch up or an argument or something!
Still, glad those of you who went enjoyed yourselves and had a laugh.
[/quote]

Well you know what you've gotta do now then, get your arse up to the next one!

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=20393.msg482536#msg482536 date=1202071540]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey Dan - I thought we had plenty of 'normal' conversations mate and I enjoyed gassing with you. Top lad and have obviously discovered the secret of the fountain of youth.
[/quote]

Normal?

Most 'normal' conversations I have with people don't require a chair for me to stand on - it's like back when I was about 7 years old and I wanted to play the latest arcade game - fookin 'ell. After a while I was getting tired of talking to yer - not because I didn't like what you had to say, but because I was literally getting tired having to stand on fucking tippytoe.

Nah, seriously - it was great, good laugh, but by the end I was just too far gone, trying to say something and tripping over me words.

As for the fountain of youth - it's the Oriental genes mate, you wanna get some Chinese in you.

I can, of course offer my services, but it'll cost you

[quote author=singlerider link=topic=20393.msg482539#msg482539 date=1202071987]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=20393.msg482536#msg482536 date=1202071540]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Normal?

Most 'normal' conversations I have with people don't require a chair for me to stand on - it's like back when I was about 7 years old and I wanted to play the latest arcade game - fookin 'ell. After a while I was getting tired of talking to yer - not because I didn't like what you had to say, but because I was literally getting tired having to stand on fucking tippytoe.

Nah, seriously - it was great, good laugh, but by the end I was just too far gone, trying to say something and tripping over me words.

As for the fountain of youth - it's the Oriental genes mate, you wanna get some Chinese in you.

I can, of course offer my services, but it'll cost you
[/quote]

Hahaha. Yes you twat - making me stand two steps below you so we could talk on the same level.

Haha i distinctly remember Sunny being a couple of steps down from us all and still being the tallest it was quite the sight, Jamie aint small either!

[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=20393.msg482542#msg482542 date=1202072336]
Haha i distinctly remember Sunny being a couple of steps down from us all and still being the tallest it was quite the sight, Jamie aint small either!
[/quote]

Heh. Me and Jamie have properly pissed people off at gigs before. It's a restricted view only behind us.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=20393.msg482545#msg482545 date=1202072585]
[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=20393.msg482542#msg482542 date=1202072336]
[/quote]

Heh. Me and Jamie have properly pissed people off at gigs before. It's a restricted view only behind us.
[/quote]

I am always surprised at how many people are taller than me at gigs im sure im the smallest person who listens to the music we all like!

Cheers for all the comments lads, you're all fucking ace.....

*goes to make thread*

Fuck lads what a fucking trip for myself and Dave (affectionately now as God_23 and ILD). Just thought it would be good laugh to give a little run down of our trip.

Up 4:30 to drive to Dublin and the roads were fucking covered in snow. The first half hour or so was spent driving on the wrong side of the road becuase it was "less snowy".

After a 2 hour ferry (spent drinking and playing cards) and a two and a half hour bus journey we arrived in Liverpool only to be told that we were staying with 3 random strangers, we only had 1 key between the five of us and no key for the apartment front door. We were told to be at Aldo's after the game to get the front door key (again 1 between 5), but it was ok because John Aldridge and Jan Molby would be there (how i loathe the latter).

Off to the Cabbage for a few scoops with Mark Mc (absolute gent) and then on to the King Harry, on the way to which we turned down several offers of match tickets. The three of us had decided to stare down the guys at the dartboard in the hope that they were the other members of this place and spent about 15 minutes eyeballing random strangers and then decided that the guy standing beside us had to be Andy. A further 1 minutes was spent poking and repeatedly shouting "Andy" in the hope of a reaction, obviously it didn't turn out to be him.

After meting a few of the lads and a few pints it was off to Anfield and asking anything that moved for a ticket. Unfortunately it didn't work, so it was back to King Harry for a skinful. Great fun there including a lot of verbal abuse for some old guy (Joe) and i think it was Sheik who claimed to be more Irish than me!

Next destination was to be Aldo's to get our key from Jan Molby, so we left the King Harry walked in one random direction and winged it.. Not a good idea. After getting lost we hopped on to a bus that said city centre on thr front and got out at the last stop and realised we were out by the docks!! We eventually got a taxi to Aldo's but the lads with our key had fucked back to the apartment and to add to our disappointment no sign of Jan Molby, so gave the boys a buzz and assured them we'd meet them in 5 minutes at the apartment. Unfortunately after geting dropped 30 seconds from the apartment, it took us 30 minutes to find them. The lads with the key were just leaving and we got there in the nick of time, but for some reason gave them back the key.. Quick change of outfit and down to Weatherspoon.

Obviously started with a round of double vodkas, but it took Dave about half an hour to get his round in becuase the barwoman wouldn't serve for queue jumping, so he decided to stalk her all over te pub.

On to heebie's and I'm gonna be honest my memory is hazy. But this is sme of what I remember

DB being a stud
Pushing IJG on to a couch on top of two girls
Dave kneeling behind me and somebody pushing me
Trying to dance
Me and Dave continuously buying rounds at the same time and always ending up with two drinks
Apparently i gave an effort at break dancing which I've been know to do.

I don't remember leaving but I remember being outside Heebies and we weren't sure why we were outside..

Finally found our way back to the apartments and Jan Molby never left the key out for us. We tried ringing the lads in our room but no answer (apparently we left him an abusive voicemail). We decided to sit on the ground and wait it out after ring all the buzzers got us nowhere.

I was woken up by some scouse scallies laughing at us and when I got my bearings I realised we were both after falling asleep at about three in the morning in a doorway on Lime Street.

images

+

images

=

Irish lads

images

We kept ringning buzzers and knocking on the door to no avail. Dave tried the buzzer on another door. Some guy (also Irish same trip as us) opened the door (which we thought was the wrong set of apartments) but we decided to sleep in the hall. Just as we were about the roll up in a carpet that was in a corner Dave suggested I see if any rooms were open. Number 8 was open and turned out to be our room (the door we banged on for a hour earlier was the wrong one) and we finally made it to bed.

seriously guys, great time thanks to everyone for being such a laugh (couldn't be arsed mentioning all the names) and to the scousers for showing us around.

Will definitely do it again

Hahahahaha.

Great story lads, I just love the both of you, so, so funny.

Anytime you lads come over I'll be out, I wouldnt miss it.

I was hammered. Just thought about it. Think we had 10 pints with Mark Mc before we left. Add that to numerous double vodka's and your in one big ball of drunkeness. Heebies is a blur really. Asleep outside "Chinafuckingtown" is also a blur, thank god.

[quote author=GOD_23 link=topic=20403.msg482583#msg482583 date=1202084047]
Cheers lads, hopefully make it over (halfway across the irish sea) again this season!!
[/quote]
It'd be great to meet you again fella.

[quote author=Ijg link=topic=20403.msg482584#msg482584 date=1202084089]
[quote author=GOD_23 link=topic=20403.msg482583#msg482583 date=1202084047]
Cheers lads, hopefully make it over (halfway across the irish sea) again this season!!
[/quote]
It'd be great to meet you again fella.
[/quote]

Likewise..

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=16792.msg482488#msg482488 date=1202068915]
[quote author=ILD link=topic=16792.msg482431#msg482431 date=1202061744]
FUCKING Jan Molby!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

hahahahahaha. Superb.
[/quote]

That's my last reference to it. It'l lose it effect otherwise.

[quote author=Mr Moominpoops link=topic=20393.msg482223#msg482223 date=1202045356]
[quote author=CAD link=topic=20393.msg482221#msg482221 date=1202044873]
[quote author=Piedro link=topic=20393.msg482180#msg482180 date=1202040988]
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=20393.msg482177#msg482177 date=1202040770]
It would appear that I wee-weed somewhere other than the bathroom during the night!
[/quote]

Sorry about glassing you last night mate. Hows the head?
[/quote]

Haha - you seriously are fucking mental, Pete. I guess being a smartass in real life has completely different consequences than on a messageboard. I wonder what you said to deserve it Sheikyboy...
[/quote]

Ha ha sucker!

Although the epaulettes bit was a nice (and entirely believable) touch.

Sounds like a great night out chaps - sorry I couldn't join or at least spy from a nearby table.

Btw, I'm not surprised ILD and DB are great guys, they've been great guys on the forums for a long time.
[/quote]

I love you too Gene.

I don't know where to start with all this (or where to post it), it's been one of the funniest and most enjoyable weekends I've had in ages.

It began for me at the Feathers where I stayed in the smallest hotel room known to man. A porter directed me through the maze to get to the room, placed the bag inside and stepped back out to let me in because there wasn't space for two in the room.

Then dinner with Pete, who half way through his chips began to wonder why they tasted a bit sweet. That would be the sugar you put on them mate. We then had a few pints with Jamo, DB and Ijg before hitting Popworld.

Popworld =
sceneMissing.jpg

Rumours of pole dancing, 8 double vodka and red bulls, spilling and flicking beer at DB and chasing glittery cowboy hats instead of women have yet to be confirmed.

I was still pissed going out the next day and felt like I might keel over and die at any moment but I got a lot better as the night went on.
As for everyone I met, without getting all gay about it, it was a great bunch of lads. There were a couple I didn't get to speak to that much but there are lasting impressions all round. I'll be honest and say I was apprehensive about the whole thing but it couldn't have turned out any better. Heebies is a top place too.

I suppose the only let down was RISLC, who confirmed what most thought about him. He is full of shit. I don't suppose he'll bother coming on to explain himself.

I didn't get a chance to chat much to you Ross. You seemed very under the weather before the much.. (that'd be the vodka). I had the same problem this mornig. The people who run the travel club came into our room to wake us up, i was still hammered. I sobered up somewhere in Wales on the bus. Terrible.

[quote author=Mr Moominpoops link=topic=20393.msg482595#msg482595 date=1202088119]
*waits for "Sponsor Me" thread to be un-stickied*
[/quote]

S-008.jpg

[quote author=Jay D link=topic=20393.msg482265#msg482265 date=1202049017]
Im fucked.

What a great night! Top bunch of lads. Absolute quality.

Cheers fellas, must do it again SOON. ::)

[/quote]

We missed most of the match banging about this and that!!! Haha...

[quote author=ILD link=topic=20393.msg482594#msg482594 date=1202087813]
I didn't get a chance to chat much to you Ross. You seemed very under the weather before the much.. (that'd be the vodka). I had the same problem this mornig. The people who run the travel club came into our room to wake us up, i was still hammered. I sobered up somewhere in Wales on the bus. Terrible.
[/quote]

I was fucked before the game mate. Really bad.

I wasn't too bad today and had a few curers in O'Neills before heading to the airport

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=20393.msg482600#msg482600 date=1202088752]
[quote author=ILD link=topic=20393.msg482594#msg482594 date=1202087813]
[/quote]

I was fucked before the game mate. Really bad.

I wasn't too bad today and had a few curers in O'Neills before heading to the airport
[/quote]

I'm never going on a boat again. Fuck that.

[quote author=mark mc link=topic=20393.msg482525#msg482525 date=1202070819]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=20393.msg482524#msg482524 date=1202070717]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=20393.msg482520#msg482520 date=1202070521]
One thing I have to say, everyone, to a man was funny, very funny, great sense of humour. It was cool, cos you could be sarky, or take the piss, knowing whoever it was would take it the right way.

All you heard all night was laughing, everywhere you turned people were laughing with each other.
[/quote]

Yeh everyone was a top laugh and up for a good time. I didn't find meeting anyone weird or freaky at all. But I bow down to our two Irish geniuses. I had cramp in my cheekbones from laughing with them.
[/quote]Your right mate,I was in a round with them and I thought i could drink.Fuckin legends.
[/quote]

I'd drink off my pint and just sneak to the bar to get another round in. We didn't eat since 9 that morning either. Not a good idea really.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=20393.msg482450#msg482450 date=1202063203]

You two had me in stitches. A comedy double act. I am more Irish than the pair of you though.
[/quote]

Pete was saying he was the least scouse, well we were the least Irish at times. Liam to the left of me, Sean to right, here i am stuck in the middle with you Bobby.Was that his name? He was trying to take the piss out of us but we had good bit of banter from him. Aidan blamed Bobby for making our ancestors build roads for his ancestors

Back
Top Bottom